Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Vote_lcapDebate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Voting_barDebate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Vote_lcapDebate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Voting_barDebate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals

Go down 
+3
GRIZZLECOCK
oldstrain
EssexSteve
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Empty
PostSubject: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Do members think Club racing week to week racing, Fed and Combine racing or BICC and National racing is the way forward, Maybe 1 loft races? Which do you prefer also.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:17 pm

for me to send in a national is a 160 mile round trip and to take clock their aswell thats 320 miles so not for me ....definiely club and open racing for me and we do have a yb and ob classic our yb classic is 300 miles from berwick and OB is from fraserburgh i think but tbh north road is finished and hope to turn south and race in the combine with ybs this season ...their is a limit to members at our club for south rd and its full but am next in line
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:51 pm

To be honest, as for club fed racing ,those days are dying fast,national flying is the only way forward now,shame the rpra cant rule with an iron fist and make the 3 main clubs BBC BICC NFC,combine together with rules cut in stone,then ban all other channel racing,leaving inland racing and that rubbish to the dregs left that prefer that type of inferior so called racing.
i know its not nice reading but there is no other way forward. Sad

Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm

oldstrain wrote:
for me to send in a national is a 160 mile round trip and to take clock their aswell thats 320 miles so not for me ....definiely club and open racing for me and we do have a yb and ob classic our yb classic is 300 miles from berwick and OB is from fraserburgh i think but tbh north road is finished and hope to turn south and race in the combine with ybs this season ...their is a limit to members at our club for south rd and its full but am next in line

Hi oldstrain funny thing reading your post,we used to fly berwick300miles last race of the youngbird season many years ago,in the WENRCombine , fond memoriesof times gone by,lovely daysand i have never understood how it closed down ,you could fly for club,fed ,combine honours just by filling in the 1 sheet,i think thats why the belgiem boys are so well organized ,so much cheaper racing,very well organized,we in this country just get screwed at ever turn.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Well the RPRA cant force the BBC BICC and NFC to combine neither can it stop any other channel racing as it would cause a monopoly and that is not allowed, As for inland racing I say let people race at whatever distance they wish.
For me south rd channel racing isnt feasable, ive raced BICC and National but to race from my postion to do a 5 mile training toss south rd I have to drive 30 miles west, cross the Queen Elizabeth bridge the drive 30 miles east , to do that and hold down a job is almost impossible, its ok for partnerships or people who dont need to work.
I believe racing is racing whatever distance and the flyers should choose for themselves and enjoy it.
Small flyers are as important as BIG TIME CHARLIES who think its only what they think that matters.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Hi oldstrain funny thing reading your post,we used to fly berwick300miles last race of the youngbird season many years ago,in the WENRCombine , fond memoriesof times gone by,lovely daysand i have never understood how it closed down ,you could fly for club,fed ,combine honours just by filling in the 1 sheet,i think thats why the belgiem boys are so well organized ,so much cheaper racing,very well organized,we in this country just get screwed at ever turn.

yes indeed we do ...i would like to have a pop at national racing but my nearest basket station is frome and with a young family and not driving (wife drives) its just not possible twice in one weekend so its club ans open racing for me
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 pm

yes indeed we do ...i would like to have a pop at national racing but my nearest basket station is frome and with a young family and not driving (wife drives) its just not possible twice in one weekend so its club ans open racing for me

i know what you mean oldstrain,ive been in the same position mate,family life must come first,thats whats so wrong with this sport, its like trying to fight joe frazier with 1 hand tied behind your back,whe you see these so called "great "fanciers with huge setups,no work,helpers,it s like banging your head against a bvrick wall,we will not race again until we compete on at least equal termes,or do as the big boys do,make sure they have eveery advantage,and then some,just look at the fanciers who put in rule changes in the nfc,bicc ect...every time its to their advantage,disgusting
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:41 pm

ive just resigned from the NFC as some thing had to give cos i had to rely on my mates
taking my birds for me cos work and family come first . but i loved every minute of racing in the NFC and scored some good positions over the years with a very small team . now this season i will be racing with just one club taunton srfc in the west of england south rd combine ive only 9 miles to drive to the club so ill be more relaxed and ill have more money cos the NFC is not cheap .

Last edited by kev d on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
To be honest, as for club fed racing ,those days are dying fast,national flying is the only way forward now,shame the rpra cant rule with an iron fist and make the 3 main clubs BBC BICC NFC,combine together with rules cut in stone,then ban all other channel racing,leaving inland racing and that rubbish to the dregs left that prefer that type of inferior so called racing.
i know its not nice reading but there is no other way forward. Sad

you are not wrong in alot of what you say, i for one will stick with the n.f.c. i have never realy had any interest in weekly sprint racing, so this is the way forward for me, too much bickering and back stabbing in the back yard clubs and micky mouse feds, i can go to my marking station put the birds in help if i choose, then on race days realy enjoy my type of racing,as you say GRIZZLECOCK its not nice reading but it is becoming very true?.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:

i know what you mean oldstrain,ive been in the same position mate,family life must come first,thats whats so wrong with this sport, its like trying to fight joe frazier with 1 hand tied behind your back,whe you see these so called "great "fanciers with huge setups,no work,helpers,it s like banging your head against a bvrick wall,we will not race again until we compete on at least equal termes,or do as the big boys do,make sure they have eveery advantage,and then some,just look at the fanciers who put in rule changes in the nfc,bicc ect...every time its to their advantage,disgusting

yes i agree totaly they even interfere with fed racing in the way of dictateing the race programme to suit themselves so that their birds have some nice training tosses for the nationals ...the fed here is absolute rubbish for its race programme and i wont entertain it racing no more than 80 miles every other week
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Well i like the club racing its the grass roots of the sport and where a new starter would learn the trade. Our club dosent use ETS and everybody has small garden lofts so were all enjoying the sport and friendship which you lose at the higher level as it becomes to splinterd. We have guys who fly the Nationals and other bigger events but they always suport the club and never get big headed about there achevments. But hay ho each to there own.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm

kev d wrote:
ive just resigned from the NFC as some thing had to give cos i had to rely on my mates
taking my birds for me cos work and family come first . but i loved every minute of racing in the NFC and scored some good positions over the years with a very small team . now this season i will be racing with just one club taunton srfc in the west of england south rd combine ive only 9 miles to drive to the club so ill be more relaxed and ill have more money cos the NFC is not cheap .

Jesus Kev how can you fly in the WESRCombine now its pointless they even took Marmande of the calender,
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
kev d wrote:

Jesus Kev how can you fly in the WESRCombine now its pointless they even took Marmande of the calender,

yes i think saintes is the farthest race point now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:02 pm

whats the point of going to marmande with only a couple of hundred birds on board
losing money hand over fist , all i want at the mo is a relaxing time where i don,t after drive miles for my clock to be read but i will be back national racing in a couple of years may be in the BBC .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:04 pm

kev d wrote:
whats the point of going to marmande with only a couple of hundred birds on board
losing money hand over fist , all i want at the mo is a relaxing time where i don,t after drive miles for my clock to be read but i will be back national racing in a couple of years may be in the BBC .

hi kev...wheres your nearest basket staion for the bbc
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 pm

frome daz , some lads in the club are members and one of the takes them over for a small fee for petrol money . and they have the clocks done in the club as well so not to bad if i join .
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 pm

kev d wrote:

your right but it just shows how poor the management is,..look at the classic they have acres of space on their transporter at their pau/tarbes race surely the combine could pay the classic £1.50 a bird to go with them?.it would be the same basketing day, and if you wanted to fly for Classic prizes duplicate them back in,its not rocket sience, and it would give the combine a bit more respect,because its a shambles nowadays,the bickering at the meetings unblevable
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:28 pm

where do you fly grizzel are you from the SW .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 pm

kev d wrote:
frome daz , some lads in the club are members and one of the takes them over for a small fee for petrol money . and they have the clocks done in the club as well so not to bad if i join .

ah i see it would be the same for me kev (frome) thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 pm

kev d wrote:
where do you fly grizzel are you from the SW .
yes mate bath and north east somerset
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:09 pm

I FLY MY BIRDS AT ALL LEVELS.be it combine club or fed in the inferior unc combine lol/but i want to win every single race i enter
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 pm

peel bros wrote:
I FLY MY BIRDS AT ALL LEVELS.be it combine club or fed in the inferior unc combine lol/but i want to win every single race i enter

Nothing wrong with that mate, but i reacon you must have around a 820mile fly from Barcelona,jesus i know its a pain to get to basketing ,but if you managed to clock a couple of times you would be a household name for sure,it would nt have to put your management out the window,as i expect you fly a typical widow/celibate/roundabout,weekly /fortnightly type of system to be competitive,but you could keep feeding the same,if you feed in the box, racing mostly the same,just little less basket workand just rest 1or2 you fancy 4weeks before basketing and just work the fats into them the last week,like oats with wheatgerm oil,sunflower hearts,redskined peanuts(human consumption)because you cant take a chance,i bet you could get `em because i can see your diciplined
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals   Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate 6, Club,Fed, Combine or BICC and Nationals
Page 1 of 1