Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Debate 3                               Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Debate 3                               Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Debate 3                               Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Debate 3                               Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Debate 3                               Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Debate 3                               Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Debate 3                               Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Debate 3                               Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Debate 3                               Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Debate 3                               20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 101 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 99 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Debate 3                               Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Debate 3                               Vote_lcapDebate 3                               Voting_barDebate 3                               Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Debate 3                               Vote_lcapDebate 3                               Voting_barDebate 3                               Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222737 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Debate 3                               Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Debate 3                               Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Debate 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Debate 3                               Empty
PostSubject: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm

So now we have said what causes Young bird sickness, what do you think is the best treatment for it ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
So now we have said what causes Young bird sickness, what do you think is the best treatment for it ?

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile with all my experience on this subject etc lol! lol!
I would go Cinnamon "Big time" on the food or in the water.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm

i know some will disagree, but i dont feed for 24 hours, or even 48 hours, take the grit away and add nifuramycin to the water for a week....then i feed very lightly with super diet mix and gradually build it up to a heavier feed once i know they arnt holding the corn.....JMO

the reason i treat this way is altho i know others do differnt treatments using natural products or things bought from the chemist etc, i know the nifuramycin will cure it so in my opinion theres no need to mess about with trial and error on my part......
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

David wrote:
i know some will disagree, but i dont feed for 24 hours, or even 48 hours, take the grit away and add nifuramycin to the water for a week....then i feed very lightly with super diet mix and gradually build it up to a heavier feed once i know they arnt holding the corn.....JMO

me to but i give a charcoal tablet 2 days running aswell and instead of nifuramycin i give strike in the water which is a prebiotic for 4 days then a probiotic for 4 days but i have used niffy befor but last year went down this route and all was well
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 am

ive not had it but what ide do is if i seen birds being sick ide basket all the birds clean and burn the loft with blow lamp disinfect and replace the birds with no food
but a very strong dose of glucose for 2 days then take it from there glucose will feed them they wont starve but at same time your not overloading the crops
if by then they look better then ide feed a light mix till they are holding corn well again ide probly feed by hand several times a day a bit at a time

but thats me and i take into account others veiws that have had it and got over it
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 pm

I have not had a full scale YB sickness thing but any birds that show any signs take food away for 24 hours and put gloucose in water, last year i used some stuff Daz sent me but that was more durty wattles
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
I have not had a full scale YB sickness thing but any birds that show any signs take food away for 24 hours and put gloucose in water, last year i used some stuff Daz sent me but that was more durty wattles

that was for resperatory steve ya dont need meds for ybs unless they get a secondary infection which can happen if left unchecked
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm

that's right, my head is all over, i really should refer to my notes, The fella who used to live down the road couldnt understand how his birds 4 doors down got YB sickness but mine didnt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate 3    Debate 3                               Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate 3
Page 1 of 1