Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Good ventilation Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:17 pm

» Good Morning
Good ventilation Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Good ventilation Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Good ventilation Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Good ventilation 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 108 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 107 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Good ventilation Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Good ventilation Vote_lcapGood ventilation Voting_barGood ventilation Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222606 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Good ventilation Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Good ventilation Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Good ventilation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
northern monkey
Chipping
Chipping
northern monkey

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 pm

I will start building a 12 x 8 foot loft next month and have been thinking of ventilation , i`ve been doing a bit of digging around on the net ect and as far as i can see  ventilation is best put on the highest wall top and bottom , is it still ok to put ventilation on all other walls as well top and bottom or is it best just to ventilate the highest wall top and bottom , i`m thinking of louvers / vents on all four walls at the bottom  and a four inch gap along the top of the loft where the walls meet the roof and this will be meshed , would this be ok , what works for you lads.

Cheers andy:cheers: cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Andy the most important thing is ventilation but you must not have a draft as this can cause problems

The best thing I can say is you need a Carm loft when you build the loft before you place pigeons in it stay in your loft on a gale force windy day and feel the atmosphere within your loft if you are comfortable with plenty of air with no draft then you are a step closer

Andy all the best but "I Know Nothing"  jmo mate good luck
Back to top Go down
northern monkey
Chipping
Chipping
northern monkey

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Andy the most important thing is ventilation but you must not have a draft as this can cause problems

The best thing I can say is you need a Carm loft when you build the loft before you place pigeons in it stay in your loft on a gale force windy day and feel the atmosphere within your loft if you are comfortable with plenty of air with no draft then you are a step closer

Andy all the best but "I Know Nothing"  jmo mate good luck
Cheers Don , yer know what you mean , good ventilation but not drafty ,
to be honest it`s only when you start to think about it and it all starts to make sense , heavy cold clean air in pushes lighter warm stale air out , found an article on the net and it said that a good test is to spray some airspray in your loft and if after ten minutes you can still smell it you don`t have enough ventilation so add another vent top and bottom.
Makes sense i suppose cheers cheers 

andy.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Andy the only thing I would say is its all trial and error mate but it what your happy with at the end mate and you can make the different changes when needed mate good luck
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 pm

get some smoke bombs and set um off in the loft that will give you a good idea about yer air flow ..the thing is you want good air flow but not to fast a flow as don said that's when you get a draft ...trial and error I am afraid mate atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm

the more ventilation the better in my view, ive heard of some fanciers wintering their pigeons in avieries.........
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 pm

David wrote:
the more ventilation the better in my view, ive heard of some fanciers wintering their pigeons in avieries.........
Yes that happens in Belguim all birds are kept in aviaries only placed in the loft during the night then placed back in the aviaries early the following day all day
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 pm

I have 2 averies 6foot long 4 an 3 foot wide I have 2 vents in the front at the bottom of each section plus a 2" gap all around the top front and back cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good ventilation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ventilation   Good ventilation Empty

Back to top Go down

Good ventilation
Page 1 of 1