Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 85 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

deep litter or bare floors

Go down 
+18
delbar
Alex
redwhitepied
Lightning
highflyerboy
oldstrain
spencerline
friendsloft
notykinlofts
littlehen
DOVEScot
peel bros
dark_chequer
Grizzle cock
Don Webb
David
Bricoux
IANYOUNG
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
redwhitepied
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
redwhitepied

deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

i like to use straw for the nests i wait till the misses has gone out get some in a bag and microwave it kills all the bugs that are in the stems of the straw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm

ian wrote:
yes but prefer straw for nest material tho

yes i also use straw for them to nest with, but ive found if you have it on the floor as deep litter it tends to get damp eventually and stinks.......

also have used sand in the bottom of the bowls and straw for the nest. since last year ive started to wrap the nestbowls in newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Saw that on the dvd david....in newspaper
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

The birds love the straw as they like to build their own nests at least some of them do anyway, lol I use coconut matting in the nest bowls and give the birds a bit of straw to put in for themselves.

Coconut matting doesnt get damp easily and lets air circulate right through it also it is very warm and is moth proof. You can buy it cheaper at the market gardeners than if you buy it for pigeons in ready made rounds. As soon as something is on the market for pigeons the price trebles.

Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
delbar
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

i have hemcore down at the minute in yb loft and straw in the stock loft next year i will put old birds onto either grills or put a plywood floor in and scrape out daily???? found the hemcore a little too dusty for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:43 am

I'm not a deep littler fan in any form, I just use a sprinkling of shavings, I also put shavings in the bottom of the nestbowls and give them straw for the nests.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
delbar
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 am

Gaz b wrote:
I'm not a deep littler fan in any form, I just use a sprinkling of shavings, I also put shavings in the bottom of the nestbowls and give them straw for the nests.

tend to agree gaz just couldnt find the time to do it all this year, pressure from mrs etc trying to get my garden kitted out etc will be revamping my loft at end of season and hope to put new floors in then not even fissed if its chipboard or like i say floor grills with a light sand dusting just wary of mice with the grills in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 pm

in my stock shed i use the laysoft horse bedding, this is good because it only gets dusty when its old and been down a while, it also means im not constantly cleaning out, altho i scrape the perches most days..........

in my yb section i prefer sraped floors with a little bit of floor whitener down.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

deep litter for me ,more time with the birds as a result of using it ,as we would,nt hve much time left
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 pm

when i had bare floors and scraped out every day it meant that by the time id finished cleaning all the sections out, i had very little time to spend with the pigeons..........this is why i like the laysoft in a few sections.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:03 pm

deep litter is excellent for building the ybs immunity and if deep enough should never be dusty as the dust lyes underneath the litter but i do scrape perches and boxes daily but each to his own
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:10 pm

David wrote:
when i had bare floors and scraped out every day it meant that by the time id finished cleaning all the sections out, i had very little time to spend with the pigeons..........this is why i like the laysoft in a few sections.

Spot on David Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 pm

oldstrain wrote:
deep litter is excellent for building the ybs immunity and if deep enough should never be dusty as the dust lyes underneath the litter but i do scrape perches and boxes daily but each to his own

Daz that is 110% correct mate were immunity come in place
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 pm

I used to be a clean floor man and to a certain extent I still am..however my youngbirds were never all that healthy as the floors were sterile, since I have started cleaning ybs out every 3/4 days they are much healthier. I do prefer a clean loft and I do keep it fairly clean but a dirty loft isnt always unhealthy....I kept my stock birds on deep litter for years and still do, and they are bouncing healthy, but the minute your loft gets even damp you must scrape out and start again, thats a warning to deep litter men it must be totally dust dry all the time.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

with me having only 11 ybs i dont need to clean out every day, i usually scrape out a couple of times a week as theres hardly anything to scrape out........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I used to be a clean floor man and to a certain extent I still am..however my youngbirds were never all that healthy as the floors were sterile, since I have started cleaning ybs out every 3/4 days they are much healthier. I do prefer a clean loft and I do keep it fairly clean but a dirty loft isnt always unhealthy....I kept my stock birds on deep litter for years and still do, and they are bouncing healthy, but the minute your loft gets even damp you must scrape out and start again, thats a warning to deep litter men it must be totally dust dry all the time.

Spot on Martyn Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Our youngbirds are on deep litter turn it over every couple of days they like dossing on the shavings on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Our youngbirds are on deep litter turn it over every couple of days they like dossing on the shavings on the floor.

The more comfitable the more content your birds will be and for me the more prizes to be won
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 pm

ive tried deep litter and dont like it,much prefere to see the droppings each day and its a good way of checking the birds health.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

deep litter or bare floors
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9