Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
deep litter or bare floors Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) deep litter or bare floors 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.deep litter or bare floors Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
deep litter or bare floors Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
deep litter or bare floors Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
deep litter or bare floors Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
deep litter or bare floors Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

deep litter or bare floors

Go down 
+18
delbar
Alex
redwhitepied
Lightning
highflyerboy
oldstrain
spencerline
friendsloft
notykinlofts
littlehen
DOVEScot
peel bros
dark_chequer
Grizzle cock
Don Webb
David
Bricoux
IANYOUNG
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

deep litter or bare floors Empty
PostSubject: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm

what do fellow fanciers put on the floor , my youngbirds at moment are on sad and lime which i riddle through every day , when they start racing i take it out and just have bare floor and clean out every day ,my widowhood cocks are on bare floor also
Back to top Go down
Bricoux
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Bricoux

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:29 pm

I once tried a deep litter of sawdust and shavings,I could not make out why the birds would not come onto the floor to eat after a week or so.
I started to clean out and had to go and answer the phone, when I came back I had left the scraper leaning against the side of the loft and there was an army of Red Mite climbing up the scraper handle out of the deep litter so the poor birds were getting eaten alive when trying to eat from the hopper.
After that I reverted to spraying the floor with bleach, and brushing floor whitener on to dry the bleach never any problem after that.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:25 pm

hi ian, i scrape out every day and use floor whitener on the floor and perches.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm

You can keep your deep litter give me the bare floor anytime, with deep litter you can never see the condition of the birds droppings if they are watery or solid plus it you use deep litter you are causing dust in the loft from the fine sand and whitener

With bare floors you can still use the loft whitener but brush it up once you have scraped the droppings up bruched the floor with it doing this you are removing the risk of dust and also the pigeons breathing the dust in.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:06 pm

totally agree thats why i have bare floors
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:19 pm

hi, just run out of the colombine floor whitener yesterday and the shop who usually get it from wont have any for a month!!! what goods that???
other corn shop dont sell it so im stuffed, cant get any unless i travel all the way to wakefield for some...... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:33 pm

david i think that the floor whitener is too dusty for them try to do without it and see if theres any difference in the pigeons
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:08 am

David you can use lime but use a small amount brush it over the areas you want to then remove it with a brush and scrapper no dust and you have your whitener
Back to top Go down
Bricoux
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Bricoux

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:22 pm

You can also use some orinary flour until you get some floor whitener.
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:08 pm

I would say deep litter is good only when:You dont have time to clean out everyday
Sure your birds are healthy and disease free, will ensure constant health
Absolutely dry loft.
If you are a lazy fancier LOL. joking.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:22 pm

i scrape out every day niel....what do you do? i only have 12 obs though so there is not a lot to scrape out...lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:28 pm

its much better as you can see exacly what there droppings are like a big clue to there health
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm

yes, i like the floor whitener ian....plus it makes the loft smell nicer, and i think it makes it easier to clean out as well if you do it every day.... Smile
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:44 pm

yes i use lime they say it kills mites and keeps away the lice
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:48 pm

used to use lime years ago but it got on the back of my throat and i stopped using it....
i think ill have to just take a drive over to wakefield and buy a few bags to last me a while as i do like the colombine powder.....plus its cheap...lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:50 pm

how much is it and how big of a bag is it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:02 pm

hi ian, its made by versele-laga and its a 5kg bag but its only 2.50....when i use it when ive swept up i dont throw it away i save it in a food tub with a lid on and use it again and its just as good as the first time, its great stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:05 pm

thats fairly cheep might use it as like you same the lime burns your throat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:10 pm

i think they will do bigger bags, maybe at wakefield they will have them as ive been told its a good shop that keeps everything fanciers want....all different corns etc
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:26 pm

ill probably get 25 kilo bag
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:53 pm

i think they do this stuff at www.taylorschoice.co.uk. .................amanda
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

thanks amanda, im stuck without it as i use it every day and cant seem to get hold of it at the moment... Smile
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm

no problem, im always ordering stuff from them, i find them very good on prices and delivery,
dam im stating to sound like a advert lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm

lol....have you got shares in it... lol!
clicked on link and internet couldnt show page so ill try again, whats the delivery prices amanda or does it vary depending on what you buy? and does it take long to be delivered?
thanks amanda...
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

ive only ever paid £5.35 for next day delivery, and ive ordered some larg items like 28 bird basket, Chris is on P.b. under the name taylorschoice, so if you can see what you want send him a pm, Hes really helpfull, i think they will be open really late tomorrow as they are the marking station for the national flying club. hope that helps David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors Empty

Back to top Go down

deep litter or bare floors
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next