Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
training youngbirds - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) training youngbirds - Page 4 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 96 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.training youngbirds - Page 4 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
training youngbirds - Page 4 Vote_lcaptraining youngbirds - Page 4 Voting_bartraining youngbirds - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
David
training youngbirds - Page 4 Vote_lcaptraining youngbirds - Page 4 Voting_bartraining youngbirds - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
training youngbirds - Page 4 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
training youngbirds - Page 4 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

training youngbirds

Go down 
+9
littlehen
peel bros
notykinlofts
Don Webb
doveside
David
Grizzle cock
dark_chequer
IANYOUNG
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

training youngbirds - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 pm

That's the first time i have heared that before Ken must say it sounds a good idear mate spot on
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Don it was afew years ago my Son in law was helping out with the training, i always sent to the same point, in west winds the birds always came from the west the stronger the wind the further west, same thing in east winds the birds always came from the east, so stated following the wind making the birds fly into it, and yes it did straighten the birds out, they still came from the direction of wind but by not much, so the birds didlearn to turn into it, rather than go with it,cutting out overfly where the birds have gone over with the wind before turning back for home
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Ken that gives me something to think about for when i start up again cheers mate
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:57 pm

agree with ian line of flight only then they will go straight home not mess about when they eventally get a line,plus have,nt got the time to train either side or backover nowadays
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:59 pm

not the time or money
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm

ian wrote:
not the time or money

This i dont understand, u are still going in the same directon just a couple mile right or left of line of flight Still same about of time and proberley same amount of money
Ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:23 pm

dont see the point of going just a couple of mile either way might as well stick with line of flight i thought you ment about ten mile either way
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Its more 5 mile than 2 , but the idea is to get them to fly into the wind, but still dont find it cost anymore in time or money
Ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 pm

ok ken i just like to go line of flight many theories tho
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:37 pm

how far do members take their ybs training them selfs or with club training? and how far do they start them off at and what stages do they take therm further ?..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 pm

david i start off at 11 miles
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Spot on Ken with your comments
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 pm

don what have you voted for 11 or 12
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 pm

I always started at 1 mile then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 miles all this is done when they have started to rome (not Italy) but i only move them when they are coming as a team

Send 20 have them all within 1minute and then when there confidence is good then i will move them on to the next stage, when at 5 miles and they are doing it in 5 to 7 minutes after about 10 tosses then i would move them to 10 miles then 15 then 20 then 25 then 30 this is done when the pigeons are coming as a team and are full of confidence

Then i have sent them to 50 miles and have kept them there till the first race then after that first race brought them back to 30 miles and that is the training point which they are kept at till the end of the season

The youngbirds will show there confidence when they come out of the basket and fly straight home with no messing about when they have been released, then this is the time to move them on
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:27 pm

I have voted for the first four positions as if it was a show it's a bit of fun we can all vote for just one but lets make it a little bit interesting
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 pm

do members think its best to train the pigeons themselves so they are used to coming home from racing on their own or do they think its better to club train to get useed to being liberated and flying in a bigger pack....... cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Train them yourself so they are using there heads and can think for themself then train them with the club just to make them think that little bit more
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:09 pm

do you think ybs tend to not range as much once training has started ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Yes your right there that is why you still have to train them parts of the week
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 pm

so when would it be best to start training the ybs don, when they are ranging well or say maybe so many weeks before yb racing starts ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Early bred as soon as they start ranging then get then in the basket and get them in a routine basket, loft no messing about
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Always try and train them when the balance is hungary but not starving hungary

So when they come out of the basket they am flying on energy and no food in there crop
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 pm

got a bit out of routine with the ybs this year, either they were hungry and didnt want to fly much or they were not hungry and didnt want to come in after exercise...... scratch once i got the food right they seemed to just click and were flying for a GOOD HOUR AND SOMETIMES MORE and then as soon as they landed i would prefer to get them straight into the loft rather than hanging around pecking in the garden......
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Need i say more mate looks like you have craked it
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:33 pm

DAVID wrote:
got a bit out of routine with the ybs this year, either they were hungry and didnt want to fly much or they were not hungry and didnt want to come in after exercise...... scratch once i got the food right they seemed to just click and were flying for a GOOD HOUR AND SOMETIMES MORE and then as soon as they landed i would prefer to get them straight into the loft rather than hanging around pecking in the garden......
youve got them spot on now david roll on next year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training youngbirds   training youngbirds - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

training youngbirds
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next