Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Transporter !!! Feed mix. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 84 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Transporter !!! Feed mix. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Vote_lcapTransporter !!! Feed mix. Voting_barTransporter !!! Feed mix. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Vote_lcapTransporter !!! Feed mix. Voting_barTransporter !!! Feed mix. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Transporter !!! Feed mix. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Transporter !!! Feed mix.

Go down 
+2
Klausey
Knackered
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Transporter !!! Feed mix. Empty
PostSubject: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:00 pm

Bit of a discussion down here at the moment, in relation to what one of the big Fed's etc should be using, for the race birds when they go away on race day. So !!! Smile Smile anybody like to comment on exactly what mix/mixes you use for the same thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 pm

I don't race pigeons to just feed peregrines but I don't think you would go far wrong with beans and peas
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 pm

ive no idea what they feed them knackered, its something ive never thought about to be honest.......would be interesting to know tho`... scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:48 pm

ours get fed a maintenance mix ie peas maize wheat barley dari
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:18 am

oldstrain wrote:
ours get fed a maintenance mix ie peas maize wheat barley dari

Yes !!! Smile Smile but what percentage etc of each grain, in the magic mix & would anybody here feed the same grain/mix from the supplier of this food. For the benefits that may be gained there. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:21 am

its a cheap as chips mix oz to be honest just a basic mix but its clean I cant see many transporters using a top mix like versa laga superstar plus
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:33 am

klausey wrote:
I don't race pigeons to just feed peregrines but I don't think you would go far wrong with beans and peas

Klausey Smile Smile I come from the land  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes of peas peas & more peas etc but even I would like to suggest in this day & age that may not be the best thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Knackered wrote:
klausey wrote:

klausey:) Smile I come from the land  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes of peas peas & more peas etc but even I would like to suggest in this day & age that may not be the best thing Wink Wink. cheers

if there are so many peas ,....................then feed peas
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 pm

oldstrain wrote:
its a cheap as chips mix oz to be honest just a basic mix but its clean I cant see many transporters using a top mix like versa laga superstar plus

With the cost of food then yes Darren they will only feed at cost mate the best I saw was the Burton and Derby Federation they only used peanuts mate

The Worcestershire Federation which I convoyed used a basic all round mix mate
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 am

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

With the cost of food then yes Darren they will only feed at cost mate the best I saw was the Burton and Derby Federation they only used peanuts mate

The Worcestershire Federation which I convoyed used a basic all round mix mate

Bit strange "Peanuts 100%" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes no way known would get by here Don. Now !!! Wink Wink I would like to put it to everyone here Smile Smile most appear not to have a clue, exactly what they are fed in the transporters on race day & it's just left up to each federation
officials etc to decide what is best. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am

I think the specific mix is wilsbridge concorde oz all the ingredients are sourced and bagged locally
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:35 pm

i read something the other day reguarding feeding long distance birds that go say wednesday thursday marking now ide say most wwould give the birds a good build up of fats etc however what i read and this chap clocks birds for fun over the water he dosent do that the last few days before basketing he only feeds barley reason being he knows when the birds are fed in the crates they will eat all the big food and build them selfs up where as if they were already built up he beleaves they dont eat in the crates and loose form anyone ever tried this
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm

so in essence keep um a bit hungry and they will eat in the basket with zest
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

thats how i read it daz
lets be honest if a bird has been built up for lets say 2 weeks before a big race then it shouldnt be hungry there for it wont eat in the basket but kept on baley a couple of days before will increase its hunger but maybe no loss of form so the top up of good feed may well stand it in good steed
theres so many roads to roam and to be fair ya cant knock anyhting you aint tried yourself

maybe us pigeon men need to spend more time thinking than on shit birds and crap products
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:59 pm

yeah I can see the line of thought for sure as when in the basket would be the most important time to eat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:21 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
i read something the other day reguarding feeding long distance birds that go say wednesday thursday marking now ide say most wwould give the birds a good build  up of fats etc however what i read and this chap clocks birds for fun over the water he dosent do that the last few days before basketing he only feeds barley reason being he knows when the birds are fed in the crates they will eat all the big food and build them selfs up where as if they were already built up he beleaves they dont eat in the crates and loose form anyone ever tried this

Interesting concept G Smile Smile etc. His way, is one way of getting his birds to have a damm good drink I suspect & that is far more important in my view. Now !!! Rolling EyesRolling Eyes I must follow up what one of the feds here feed  there birds on the transporter, as lol! lol! lol! I toss with the bloke that arranges it all on the transportation side there  & I definately know what he has in his feed bin  Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transporter !!! Feed mix.   Transporter !!! Feed mix. Empty

Back to top Go down

Transporter !!! Feed mix.
Page 1 of 1