Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
pigeon feeds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:17 pm

» Good Morning
pigeon feeds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
pigeon feeds  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
pigeon feeds  Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) pigeon feeds  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 102 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.pigeon feeds  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
pigeon feeds  Vote_lcappigeon feeds  Voting_barpigeon feeds  Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222606 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
pigeon feeds  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
pigeon feeds  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

pigeon feeds

Go down 
+7
Don Webb
Knackered
VanReet Man123
David
oldstrain
Lofty
seanl
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 12:55 pm

pigeon feeds that's a fair topic  it comes in all types of bags and all prices   on a recent visit to belg    I had a look at the feeds of Ronnie Tilberg   must say was very impressed  with it and at a very good price   then I see it in this country and the prices are a joke   In the past I have used many different brands  some very dear some  very reasonable   but price is not really an issue its the quality that counts  but with rising costs  I usually order a palt  for 4 of us last 2 times I have went to Albert James country wide  and like the other 3 lads think the quality is top notch and  also a great price super breeding  £8-50 for 22kls   how is it some suppliers  drop their prices plus add 2kls extra free   I have my own opinions  but rather than say my thoughts   just wonder what other members think
sean
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:28 pm

I'm using the country wide super breeder as well, I pay£10 for the 22kg, good feed and nice and clean, will be picking members brains later in the year for yb racing feed.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:33 pm

good topic sean Smile james is local to me and some of their countrywide mixes are good some quite heavy and could be thinned down for sprint races ...I use their mixes during winter but during racing I use versa laga mixes as I am not experienced enough with feeds to be messing about with them but the price of versa laga is expensive and the quality is generally very good ,however I bought a bag of Gerry plus and it had mould spores on the chipped edges of the maize so in the bin it went and wont be buying their Gerry again but last year countrywide started to do a identical mix called jerry plus but was £3 a bag cheaper
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

oldstrain wrote:
good topic sean Smile james is local to me and some of their countrywide mixes are good some quite heavy and could be thinned down for sprint races ...I use their mixes during winter but during racing I use versa laga mixes as I am not experienced enough with feeds to be messing about with them but the price of versa laga is expensive and the quality is generally very good ,however I bought a bag of Gerry plus and it had mould spores on the chipped edges of the maize so in the bin it went and wont be buying their Gerry again but last year countrywide started to do a identical mix called jerry plus but was £3 a bag cheaper
yes Daren I have bout some of their other mixes the Gerry being 1 and it looks first class one of the lads took some breed and wean at £10 odd a bag and 22 kls and he is over the moon with it just shows u shop around and the quality's there sean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 3:58 pm

I usually like the vanroebys corn, but for quite a few months now ive been using natural corn, which I used a while ago and went off it, but now it seems ok....plus its cheap lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 4:30 pm

anyone tried beyers mixes ...james suppliers can buy it in to order and have often thought about giving it a go
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Using Beyers 49 now but when it runs out Vanroabys for us top quality and never had any bad bits in it.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 6:33 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Using Beyers 49 now but when it runs out Vanroabys for us top quality and never had any bad bits in it.

do you think the vanroabys is better than the beyers or is it just a case of availability thanks for the reply vrm
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 7:08 pm

My personal choice would be the Vanroabys but the Beyers is still a decent mix there are a few flyers who race on the 49 but like I said when it runs out back on the Vanroabys.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
My personal choice would be the Vanroabys but the Beyers is still a decent mix there are a few flyers who race on the 49 but like I said when it runs out back on the Vanroabys.

thanks for yer honest opinion vrm Wink atb for 2016
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 7:25 pm

I used the vanrobys breeding mix Darren, and the ybs were always alright, but last year (or the year before ) I used the gem breeding mix containing pellets, which was also decent enough......not sure if it was better than the vanrobys though.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 7:30 pm

David wrote:
I used the vanrobys breeding mix Darren, and the ybs were always alright, but last year (or the year before ) I used the gem breeding mix containing pellets, which was also decent enough......not sure if it was better than the vanrobys though.

guy a few streets away keeps fancy birds and sells some of the gem mixes but his storage is dire ...he has the cowood mix and breeder mix and the conditioner
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 pm

seanl wrote:
pigeon feeds that's a fair topic  it comes in all types of bags and all prices   on a recent visit to belg    I had a look at the feeds of Ronnie Tilberg   must say was very impressed  with it and at a very good price   then I see it in this country and the prices are a joke   In the past I have used many different brands  some very dear some  very reasonable   but price is not really an issue its the quality that counts  but with rising costs  I usually order a palt  for 4 of us last 2 times I have went to Albert James country wide  and like the other 3 lads think the quality is top notch and  also a great price super breeding  £8-50 for 22kls   how is it some suppliers  drop their prices plus add 2kls extra free   I have my own opinions  but rather than say my thoughts   just wonder what other members think
sean

Interesting post Sean Smile Smile Feed down here is a real killer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & your lucky to buy a bag of anything for under $20 etc. We have one supplier here thou, if you load up "Big time" he sells a standard mix for around $14 which many of the top flyers use & for every 10 bags he throws in one free. My little van now lol! lol! lol! groans  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes every time I head south down the free way, as it knows it's in for some punishment  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 am

A lot of fanciers in my area are starting to mix there own corn getting single grains from the farm at half the price compared to the already mix corns
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:20 am

Don Webb wrote:
A lot of fanciers in my area are starting to mix there own corn getting single grains from the farm at half the price compared to the already mix corns

I will take a punt (Real football slang)  Wink  Wink Don Smile Smile if I live another twenty years etc here, every year there will be new super mixes new on the scene   as such & I would also lol! lol! lol! Bet my house Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that many flyers buying straight off the farmer will do just as good if not better bounce bounce than what the spin doctors try & feed us with these super type mixes with a pigeon on the bag. cheers
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 am

Don Webb wrote:

same up here don think its the cost of some branded names Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:46 am

oldstrain wrote:
David wrote:

guy a few streets away keeps fancy birds and sells some of the gem mixes but his storage is dire ...he has the cowood mix and breeder mix and the conditioner
I tried Gem there best widowhood mix it were Crap dusty and moldy corn I took it back there Cowood mix were decent.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
David wrote:

I tried Gem there best widowhood mix it were Crap dusty and moldy corn I took it back there Cowood mix were decent.

funny that I used Gem and the quality was first class no dust or mold suppose every now and then some one will get crap the only reason I moved was for the price of carr they wanted on a palt made it expensive so moved to country wide and am very happy with their product sean
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:35 pm

was is the cowood mix designed for ?
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 7:55 pm

oldstrain wrote:
was is the cowood mix designed for  ?
Nigel was a sprint/m/distance racer so would assume its for that but not sure sean
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 9:26 am

oldstrain wrote:

the one i have seen is mainly small maples tares and safflower ( breeding )
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

shippy wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Remember Shippy Smile Smile I know nothing etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sadly, but by that description I agree, it certainly does looks more like a breeding mix by todays standards. cheers
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 am

Knackered wrote:
shippy wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Remember Shippy Smile Smile I know nothing etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sadly, but by that description I agree, it certainly does looks more like a breeding mix by todays standards. cheers

how many among us do know anything knackered Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:09 am

I know exactly what I'm doing, but doesn't make any sense Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Whole corn, wheat, few rabbit pellets, bit of Safflower and peanuts. Sometimes green (frozen) peas when wife go es shopping. Econo mix, just make it up as season progresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pigeon feeds  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeon feeds    pigeon feeds  Empty

Back to top Go down

pigeon feeds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next