Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Vote_lcapClear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Voting_barClear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Vote_rcap 
David
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Vote_lcapClear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Voting_barClear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues

Go down 
+4
David
shippy
peel bros
blueskylofts
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Empty
PostSubject: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:17 am

I candled the 8 eggs I have last night and found that one pair of eggs (the two eggs from number 2 box) were both clear and
Un-Fertile!

What should I do?

I was thinking the best thing is to remover both eggs right away and let them get back to laying another round as soon as possible.

Is this a good idea? What do members normally do?

I guess the eggs could be clear because, they will have been the first eggs that this pair of yearlings will have ever laid.

Any advice please.

Yours in Sport
Phil (blueskylofts)

P.S. In future I think I will Candle the eggs much sooner - at what stage - How many days laid - is a good time to check for fertility?

Thanks - ya-All
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:16 am

Take them away.if clear it's a waste of time letting them sit for no reason..If your not 100% put the eggs under another pair and let them get back on with it.
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:17 am

i would let them go back down
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:43 am

if the eggs are clear I would remove them and let them lay again....

how long had they been sitting the eggs ?

sometimes there is a reason pairs keep laying eggs which don't hatch, or eggs where only one egg hatches.....maybe the birds leave the eggs to go cold, then go back to them or sometimes underlying health problems....JMO
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:51 am

David wrote:
if the eggs are clear I would remove them and let them lay again....

how long had they been sitting the eggs ?

sometimes there is a reason pairs keep laying eggs which don't hatch, or eggs where only one egg hatches.....maybe the birds leave the eggs to go cold, then go back to them or sometimes underlying health problems....JMO

Hi Everyone

The eggs were due to hatch today. They were both Defiantly Clear!

I will chuck them away and let the birds lay another lot. I think the reason (or part of the reason) for clear eggs, is that both the cock and the hen are yearling and may be late-ish birds themselves.

Thanks to everyone.

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:58 am

sometimes the eggs are clear because the cock gets knocked off when treading the hen or can be salmonella if their were a big percentage of clear eggs i would be suspicious in your case sounds like the former
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:05 am

oldstrain wrote:
sometimes the eggs are clear because the cock gets knocked off when treading the hen or can be salmonella if their were a big percentage of clear eggs i would be suspicious in your case sounds like the former

Thanks for that.

I had noticed quite a few times - when cocks are trying to tread their hen, other cocks try to knock them off the hen. Any advice?

Cheers
Phil
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:55 am

I candle mine at 8/10 days Phil, you will clearly see the embryo forming, if they're clear sling them in the bin , hope this helps buddy.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:09 am

I would have checked them eariler as that was a complete waste of time sitting ..The only other thing I would do is give them a young un off something else if your not bothered about it
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 am

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Thanks for that.

I had noticed quite a few times - when cocks are trying to tread their hen, other cocks try to knock them off the hen.  Any advice?

Cheers
Phil

if they are locked in thier box they can tread in peace Wink
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:34 am

yeah as shippy says big boxes and lock them in is the best bet lock um up for a week should see it through and let one box out at a time if you wish for an hour a day put grit and minerals in a small pot in each box daily for the hens
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:15 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yeah as shippy says big boxes and lock them in is the best bet lock um up for a week should see it through and let one box out at a time if you wish for an hour a day put grit and minerals in a small pot in each box daily for the hens

I have now moved the pair into a section all on their own. With their nest bowl. What do you guys think?

Phil
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Can't do any harm Phil, as long as you've got the room why not use it, it'll keep the cock fit chasing her around, bit like me really lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:59 pm

yes if you got the room phil no problem with that remember to leave space for ybs to be weaned into ...don't want any dominant old birds nesting in yb section especially the floor Wink
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Lofty wrote:
Can't do any harm Phil, as long as you've got the room why not use it, it'll keep the cock fit chasing her around, bit like me really lol!

naughty step for you later lol! ....the sites alien will be on yer case lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Lofty wrote:

lofty, youre getting as bad as ray peel........... lol!
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Impossible, I'll never get as bad as Ray lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:12 pm

phil if the pair are stock birds i would trim the vent feathers on both the cock and the hen cut them as close as possible and maybe a inch of the tail that usualy does the trick
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:04 pm

markevans wrote:
phil if the pair are stock birds i would trim the vent feathers on both the cock and the hen cut them as close as possible and maybe a inch of the tail that usualy does the trick

Thanks buddy, yes they are stock birds - that is all I have at the moment - I will do as you suggest tomorrow.  

With hindsight, I think what I might do is put them back into their original nest box and lock them in for a week.  I have standard Widowhood nest box fronts (the plastic ones that come in quite a few colours)  The nest box fronts fit the nest boxes I have perfectly - will there be enough HEIGHT to allow the cock to tread the hen?

Thank to all.
Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 am

how many clear rounds have you had off this pair phil ? just the one or more...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:05 am

boxes are fine phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Clear eggs   Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 am

David wrote:
how many clear rounds have you had off this pair phil ? just the one or more...?

Hi David

NO rounds at all yet.

I have only just bought the birds and this was their first round.

I have Two lots of Two babies from some of my other breeders though. And the last lot should be due to hatch any day now. I candled ALL the eggs at the same time, so I know the last two eggs to hatch are fertile.

Thanks
Phil

p.s. did you get my PM?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Clear eggs   Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:07 am

oldstrain wrote:
boxes are fine phil

Thanks buddy.
Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:18 am

Lofty wrote:
Impossible, I'll never get as bad as Ray lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! Maybe not Lofty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but your getting close to our Ray's standard etc I suspect Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues    Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues  Empty

Back to top Go down

Clear Eggs! - The Saga continues
Page 1 of 1