Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
what feed do you Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
what feed do you Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
what feed do you Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
what feed do you Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) what feed do you 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 98 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 98 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.what feed do you Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
what feed do you Vote_lcapwhat feed do you Voting_barwhat feed do you Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
what feed do you Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
what feed do you Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

what feed do you

Go down 
+4
Lofty
Knackered
peel bros
edgie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:23 am

what feed do you race your young birds on ?. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:30 am

Bamfords yb mix
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:36 am

edgie wrote:
what feed do you race your young birds on ?. cheers

Same as my old birds Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 8:11 am

Ours are on gem cowood in the evenings and light feed of depurative in the morning
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 8:49 am

base mix is junior plus made by versel laga no decent farms for corn around here we are limited with feed versel laga or countrywide which is $h1t£ Rolling Eyes old maples in it with mould on so its the expensive stuff but we don't house many birds ...considering ordering my own pallet next year now I have the space for it
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:32 am

im feeding GERRY PLUS for now, easy to digest
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:41 am

yes that was my thought, Gerry plus easy to digest...it got mine flying better and my thinking was because it was easier to digest the dreaded yb sickness might be kept at bay a bit as it would have chance to digest when the birds were closed up on the dark... scratch
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:43 am

exactley
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:46 am

couple of seasons ago when I raced ybs, up until the first race I fed just Gerry plus.......first race and birds came great, would have won the race but they wouldn't trap....sat looking at me on roof, so I changed the corn.

is it possible to race ybs the full programme on Gerry plus, or would you need to add extra maize or peas etc....?
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:22 pm

I would say yes up to 200 miles in reasonable weather but across the channel later in the season they may need just a bit more fuel up to you
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Ours get Gerry and Junior UK and some diet all mixed up.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Ours get Gerry and Junior UK and some diet all mixed up.

do they race the full yb season on this mix v/r man...?
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes the only thing I would add to it would be some energy when we get to the longer races 150,miles and over.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 11:12 pm

edgie wrote:
im feeding  GERRY PLUS for now, easy to digest

its a great mix but for channel racing I would say beef it up with maize and peas
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:04 am

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Yes the only thing I would add to it would be some energy when we get to the longer races 150,miles and over.

what woulf you add for energy vanreet man, more maize...?
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:08 am

Energy mix David it has loads of sunflower hearts in and other fat seeds all the main feed seller's do there own energy mixes.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:09 am

ah right, is super diat/ diat an energy mix...?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 am

or would it need to be a heavier mix...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what feed do you Empty
PostSubject: Re: what feed do you   what feed do you Empty

Back to top Go down

what feed do you
Page 1 of 1