Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
new shed legality  Emptyby David Today at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
new shed legality  Emptyby David Today at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
new shed legality  Emptyby David Today at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
new shed legality  Emptyby David Today at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
new shed legality  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
new shed legality  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
new shed legality  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
new shed legality  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
new shed legality  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) new shed legality  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.new shed legality  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
new shed legality  Vote_lcapnew shed legality  Voting_barnew shed legality  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
new shed legality  Vote_lcapnew shed legality  Voting_barnew shed legality  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
new shed legality  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
new shed legality  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

new shed legality

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 am

I have a 10' x 8' shed and an 8' x 4' shed all containing birds, to give me some storage I picked up a 6' x 4' apex shed off eBay, whilst putting it up the bloke next door said not another shed, how many do you want, all my sheds are off the floor by around 12 inches and stick over the six Ft fence panels, the comment back was don't put it too high you know my Mrs moans, I didn't but I do now, to be neighbourly I converted it from an apex to a pent roof, what a ball ache that was, in the row of 5 houses mine is the only one left council/ housing association, if she reported me to the housing association were do stand, the sheds are right at the bottom of my garden 8 fence panels down from house
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 am

different councils have different criteria chris...in our area the loft cannot exceed 2.4 metres in height and has to be same distance to any living quarters ie houses ,flats etc...and the amount of loft room allowed is 50% of garden space ...your area will have different rules and regulations and can be viewed online no doubt ...what a bunch of feckin moaners eh chris Rolling Eyes just make sure its clean and tidy at all times inside and out what councils don't want is rodent infestation and eyesores so keep it tidy with a lick of paint yearly to and doubt you will have any problems atb
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Might be me being paranoid, but she can be a moaning sod, walls are thin, it don't match my other sheds regards colour but going to paint them both the same, only problem is its not the right time of the year to do it, Tracey said the same as long as.it looks nice cannot see a problem, was going to paint the sheds next year anyway,
From.what I remember the colour of your Lofts was nice and neutral, what is it darren
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:19 pm

chris perry wrote:
Might be me being paranoid, but she can be a moaning sod, walls are thin, it don't match my other sheds regards colour but going to paint them both the same, only problem is its not the right time of the year to do it, Tracey said the same as long as.it looks nice cannot see a problem, was going to paint the sheds next year anyway,
From.what I remember the colour of your Lofts was nice and neutral, what is it darren

its called seagrass chris ...thing is if they blend in to the garden it keeps moaners happy if the council come calling you know who the culprit is ...I found it best to keep neighbours onside I don't let birds hang around roofs they are in the sky or in the loft and kept clean and tidy olbas oil is sprinkled weekly on the bedding it just keeps it all smelling fresh outside of loft is tidy as inside,some folk would do well to mind their own business eh chris ...I have actually invited neighbours into the garden once they see whats what they are usually happy in fact I had a moaner here but once he had a loft visit he was good as gold even complemented me on the set up ...but before he had a neighbour who kept chickens and they were filthy so I can see his point of view Basketball
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Just seen this on council website,
Outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation.
Outbuildings and garages to be single storey with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof or three metres for any other roof.
Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container  within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.
No verandas, balconies or raised platforms.
No more than half the area of land around the "original house"* would be covered by additions or other buildings.

Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:31 pm

This is the bit that confused me ???

within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Although I'm not 100% sure so get this checked, the way I read it this means the back (and sides) of your sheds needs to be 2 metres minimum away from any fences or defined boundaries such as a hedge if you want it to be higher than 2.5metres.
So I think if you had a pent roof shed say 7 ft to the highest point you can put it up against the fence.
If you had an apex type roof over 8 ft 6 inch to the highest point then you need the shed to be at least 2 metres away from the fence (or boundary if its a hedge).

Last edited by barnie on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:07 pm

barnie wrote:
Although I'm not 100% sure, the way I read it this means the back (and sides) of your sheds needs to be 2 metres minimum away from any fences or defined boundaries such as a hedge.

That's the way i read it, who puts a shed in the middle of the garden
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm the same as you Chris, middle of a council estate so you have to be careful with close neighbours, just do like oldstrain has said, keep things looking nice, keep on top of the cleaning and you'll be ok, only takes one complaint to the council and you get a knock on the door, if all is looked after they go away happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 5:11 pm

chris perry wrote:
barnie wrote:
Although I'm not 100% sure, the way I read it this means the back (and sides) of your sheds needs to be 2 metres minimum away from any fences or defined boundaries such as a hedge.

That's the way i read it, who puts a shed in the middle of the garden

very similar to my ruling here chris ....all set out to stop you building to high I cannot even have a apex roof on mine the height restriction wont allow it and I wont have the loft on the floor no chance ,fencing has same criteria else neighbours would be rowing all the time ....stay within the 2,5 metres height with base and pent roof lofts highest point and you will be ok atb
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Converted the 6 x 4 into a pent, from an apex, took off the trellis off the main shed roof , that was there to stop the cats from jumping out on them, so cannot see why she would moan, may even knock her door and suggest she picks picks the paint colour
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

chris perry wrote:
Converted the 6 x 4 into a pent, from an apex, took off the trellis off the main shed roof , that was there to stop the cats from jumping out on them, so cannot see why she would moan, may even knock her door and suggest she picks picks the paint colour

I would keep the trellis chris its the main structure that's the issue and I would paint it the colour you want don't let her think she rules the roost too much else she may get worse Wink
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:08 pm

We can put sheds up but not allowed to keep pigeons and we live in a housing association house..I think if you own the house and the birds have been there a while they cannot do anything . But I am not 100% certain about that.but like others have said different rules for different councils..good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new shed legality  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new shed legality    new shed legality  Empty

Back to top Go down

new shed legality
Page 1 of 1