Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Darkness ybs moulting..... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Darkness ybs moulting..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 118 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 118 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Darkness ybs moulting..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Darkness ybs moulting..... Vote_lcapDarkness ybs moulting..... Voting_barDarkness ybs moulting..... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Darkness ybs moulting..... Vote_lcapDarkness ybs moulting..... Voting_barDarkness ybs moulting..... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Darkness ybs moulting..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Darkness ybs moulting..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Darkness ybs moulting.....

Go down 
+4
Rudderfett
Ginger
IANYOUNG
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Darkness ybs moulting..... Empty
PostSubject: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 pm

should darkness ybs be fed on a moulting mix because they are moulting.........?silly question i know but we do it with obs dont we..............? (some do anyway...) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:21 pm

no just feed as normal
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 pm

wont it take it out of them moulting so quickly,? or do we give extra supplements ie vitamins etc to help them cope better.......?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 pm

wont harm to give extra vitimans but not neccessary
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Darkness y/b   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:30 pm

I dont no what other people do but I get a mix of corn no fancy mix but get all what I want for raceing so as I dont change through the season young and old get the same corn as you no a mix can change from one bag to the next thats what I have found anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Very Happy I know nothing about darkness, and really not that interested either, as I have never tryed it and never will... but I would feed heavy if my birds were moulting? scratch In fact I feed my youngsters fairly heavy all the time except when I start racing. But what do I know it just makes more sense to me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:38 pm

hi ginger, at the moment they are on yb mix with no maize.........this will last them for a while yet and was planning on keeping them on this till they either start to range or start training, then im planning on changing the feed to yb mix with maize which i bought during the week......

maybe i should be thinking of feeding widowhood mix for racing.......?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:40 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy I know nothing about darkness, and really not that interested either, as I have never tryed it and never will... but I would feed heavy if my birds were moulting? scratch In fact I feed my youngsters fairly heavy all the time except when I start racing. But what do I know it just makes more sense to me... Very Happy

hi martyn, i thought you had tried dark and didnt like it......? maybe mixed up with someone else... scratch

martyn as you normally feed heavy to the ybs, do you have any trouble trapping from exercise/training.....?
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Darkness y/b   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 pm

David all I was trying to say was thats wot I do if you feed the same way as a bloke down the road you will only get as good as him you have to find something
a bit diffrent to be that bit better.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 pm

hi ginger, yes i understand what you are saying.......im confused when it comes to this as on the corn bag it gives the % of protiens, fats, carbohydrates etc.........i want to find out what will be best for racing my ybs on and get a feed which will give them what they need ie protien, carbs etc.

this year it will only be yb racing but if/when i race obs it will only be inland and no channel races so what would be the best type of corns to feed to give them all the energy they will need to do well...?
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Darkness y/b   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:12 pm

I see your y/b seemto be doing well I dont think it makes alot diffrents as long as its good corn, thears is one bloke over hear that feeds on the cheapes corn he can
get and he as won the Palomos open and lots of other races as well so it can be the
corn. the best I say is Observation look at your birgs and see if one of them is doing some little thing diffrent. scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 pm

yes thanks ginger, ive spent quite a lot of time with my ybs this year, more than last years ybs.....maybe because ill be racing them this season, so at the moment they are doing well......they trap good and are flying well and not landing on my house roof at all, by what members have been telling me over the last year or two the more i put into them the more i will get out of them, so if they dont do any good racing at least i cansay i did my best for them..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Darkness y/b   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:26 pm

You seem to have it right David good on you bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi DAVID, I never have bad trapping mine are very good, its all a matter of degree, how much is fed and when rather than what mix. I always feed super widowhood but add my own extra,s to it, like beans and peas. Making it richer and heavier, then as training comenses I add a lighter mix to the super widowhood like barley and popcorn maize. Just to get them flying and a bit lighter for the racing, barley is excellent and puts flesh on them.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 am

y/bs getting heavy in moult floor covered with feathers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

think mine are "nearly done" steve, only been on it for approx 2 weeks since clocks altered........ lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 pm

it doesnt take long for feathers to start dropping surprised how quick they started
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 pm

yes you will see a difference
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 pm

they will be looking like yearlings soon enough
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:39 pm

hope they fly like them aswell lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

how are your dark ybs flying steve?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

theyre not flying yet just in front of loft, hawk attack put them back
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:49 pm

mine have been walking around the grass for weeks and fluttering around the loft.......a week or so ago they were flying around a couple of times and doing really well so i though by now they would be all up and doing half hour or so......not at all, they wont even fly now untill they were forced to at the wekend and each day since, think ive held them down too long.... scratch
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm

u being too soft on them young uns David
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

if you make them fly could lose some
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness ybs moulting.....   Darkness ybs moulting..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness ybs moulting.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next