Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Vote_lcapLoft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Voting_barLoft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Vote_lcapLoft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Voting_barLoft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Loft Progress so Far ...

Go down 
+8
halcanada
jet2013uk
Don Webb
Knackered
MISTY
markevans
oldstrain
David
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 am

just checked out of interest, and the nearest point of the loft is 10ft away from the house ............ study study flower sunny

not sure what that is in metres, i still work in feet and inches Razz Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm

10feet is 3 metres. However unless the council is informed it doesn't matter a jot.

Had a fancier in Leicester a little while back where he took on the council. The B.H.W. did the story, the rights and wrong myths. Was in a area where pigeons lofts were banned as such. He carried on and built one.
Council whinged and took him court. Court up held the Council as presa. How even he appealed. It went further and threaten to get an Euro law etc.
Long story short, the council was bang out of order. Can't be any such law, and certainly not one that contravenes the Government or European (Then, Government still).
Council fined £15.000 and ordered to pay all expenses and court costs.
Have had a few run in regards arrogant council rules, believed, but are just myths!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Regulations regarding pigeon lofts are part of a Councils Planning permissions and have to , IN LAW, comply with as with all other planning permissions.

There is of course a means of appeal.

The general rules are.
They should not cover more than 30% of the area involved.

Height for a pitched roof 4 meters
For a flat roof 3 meters.
Painted the colour the Council decides.
Kept clean and tidy.
Does not interfere with neighbours nor any other interested party.

In or area I think the vast majority of lofts in back gardens do not meet the requirements but the Council turns a blind eye, as it would be impossible in many instances to meet them.

Another problem being that most new housing have open plan gardens where it would be impossible to have a loft. or no garden at all.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 pm

MISTY wrote:
Regulations regarding pigeon lofts are part of a Councils Planning permissions and have to , IN LAW, comply  with as with all other planning permissions.

The general rules are.

Kept clean and tidy.

In or area I think the vast majority of lofts in back gardens do not meet the requirements but the Council turns a blind eye, as it would be impossible in many instances to meet them.

Another problem being that most new housing have open plan gardens where it would be impossible to have a loft. or no garden at all.

Regards.

Regulations Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Have a pissy little country/island here bounce bounce 25 million people etc Smile Smile that many different type layers of government doing the same basic thing Smile Smile they have 25 million odd regulations to cover the same, same scenario Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:
Regulations regarding pigeon lofts are part of a Councils Planning permissions and have to , IN LAW, comply  with as with all other planning permissions.

The general rules are.

Kept clean and tidy.

Regards.

Regulations Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Have a pissy little country/island here bounce bounce 25 million people etc Smile Smile that many different type layers of government doing the same basic thing Smile Smile they have 25 million odd regulations to cover the same, same scenario Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sadly. cheers

Different rules can apply, it depends if you own the house or rent it. I've recently been through the whole process.
Home owners generally have more rights when it comes to what and where they can erect a "temporary structure for their betterment and enjoyment".

Town and country planning act states you can use up to 50% of the available space (garden or yard etc) to build a temporary structure as long it doesn't sit higher than an allowed measurement and is 2m from any boundary.
A shed or loft is considered temporary, it's only when you use bricks or blocks then it's permanent, so not allowed.

Any such structure must also sit to the rear of the property and can't encroach on the front elevation of the dwelling.

Few more rules and regs but these are the main points. So it appears David is well within the legislation, not that anyone will check but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 12:04 pm

True Barnie. Mind a renter actually owns the house the weeks he rents. Still never mind that.
I moved to a nice area in the country, renting when splitting from the wife. Out back was a decent size garden and lawn. Next was the allotments, then a football field. All land owned by the estate. So though buying the house all were paying ground rent. Mentioned to a few that I was thinking of starting racing pigeons. The idiots said that they would eat all their crops etc.
In no time I had the estate manager speaking and saying it was a No No!
I stated legally I could and we went down that alleyway discussing the law of the land. I said I was going to, but if I wanted to I could. All I had to do was build it on wheels and move it 2 inches every two years. He agreed. But said he could make it awkward with the hoeuse owner... Raise the land prices (Maybe. but that would be subject to the agreement when the homes were built etc. No, as I said, it wasn't worth upsetting the locals - Mind I knew them all as I grew up there and went school etc with them
So to cut a long story short I didn't and moved. May have, in todays so called society, idiots attacking the loft and birds. Was a very friendly jackdaw there. It would settle and come to you. Across the fields even it would land near you expect ting a titbit or such. Idiots shot it!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Daz wrote:
True Barnie. Mind a renter actually owns the house the weeks he rents. Still never mind that.
I moved to a nice area in the country, renting when splitting from the wife. Out back was a decent size garden and lawn. Next was the allotments, then a football field. All land owned by the estate. So though buying the house all were paying ground rent. Mentioned to a few that I was thinking of starting racing pigeons. The idiots said that they would eat all their crops etc.
In no time I had the estate manager speaking and saying it was a No No!
I stated legally I could and we went down that alleyway discussing the law of the land. I said I was going to, but if I wanted to I could. All I had to do was build it on wheels and move it 2 inches every two years. He agreed. But said he could make it awkward with the hoeuse owner... Raise the land prices (Maybe. but that would be subject to the agreement when the homes were built etc. No, as I said, it wasn't worth upsetting the locals - Mind I knew them all as I grew up there and went school etc with them
So to cut a long story short I didn't and moved. May have, in todays so called society, idiots attacking the loft and birds. Was a very friendly jackdaw there. It would settle and come to you. Across the fields even it would land near you expect ting a titbit or such. Idiots shot it!
Different strokes for different type folks I suspect Daz Smile Smile maybe. Remember when looking up the poverty type people living in America etc. Miss a week of rent & the landlord can throw you out on the street by law with all possessions as such & if you had a parking fine 10 years before hand type of thing they can use that as an excuse not to let too you if they so like. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:47 pm

We have a problem here Knackered with several new housing estates regarding freehold.

Many young couples having saved and gone short to afford a deposit to buy their own home were not told they were lease hold and they would never own the ground the houses were on unless buying the lease hold, they had to pay annual ground rent.

How these builders can get away with it I know not.

They have sold the lease hold to the homes to a company who have a nice little earner for doing absolutely nothing.

Some want to sell the houses but no one is interested in buying.

Not only that many have not got what you could call a garden.

Thieves and despicable robbers comes to mind.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 am

MISTY wrote:
We have a problem here Knackered with several new housing estates regarding freehold.

Many young couples having saved and gone short to afford a deposit to buy their own home were not told they were lease hold and they would never own the ground  the houses were on unless buying the lease hold, they had to pay annual ground rent.

They have sold the lease hold to the homes to a company who have a nice little earner for  doing absolutely nothing.

Not  only that many have not got what you could call a garden.

Thieves and  despicable robbers comes to mind.

Regards.  

I was unfortunate to be in this situation when buying our very first house Misty, back then we had to pay the original builder £30 pa which was affordable but we could have still been better off not having to do this.
There were over 600 properties on the estate, 99 year lease. Luckily we sold up without any problems 10 years later but I've been cautious of being in same position again.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 1:47 am

barnie wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Many young couples having saved and gone short to afford a deposit to buy their own home were not told they were lease hold and they would never own the ground  the houses were on unless buying the lease hold, they had to pay annual ground rent.

They have sold the lease hold to the homes to a company who have a nice little earner for  doing absolutely nothing.

Not  only that many have not got what you could call a garden.

Thieves and  despicable robbers comes to mind.

Regards.  

I was unfortunate to be in this situation when buying our very first house Misty, back then we had to pay the original builder £30 pa which was affordable but we could have still been better off not having to do this.
There were over 600 properties on the estate, 99 year lease. Luckily we sold up without any problems 10 years later but I've been cautious of being in same position again.
Appears just a rort to me etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Different here, buy a block of land & its yours type of the thing for life if you so choose with no strings attached as such. Laugh when people here say bounce bounce my house is worth a million odd dollars, as it actually isn't, as it's the land that it stands on that is actually worth the million dollars. Now, that being said thou  bounce  bounce I will go without a coffee & cake treat to always make sure I always have my house insurance up to date & payed on time. 1/4 thou  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad of those recently here burnt out with the bush fires will have no insurance at all, because they would much prefer having a coffee & cake treat on a regular type basis for the enjoyment factor  Wink  Wink.    cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 am

not much left to do now, little things seem to take more time than big things..........cant seem to just get it finished scratch scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 pm

David wrote:
not much left to do now, little things seem to take more time than big things..........cant seem to just get it finished scratch scratch lol!

....... tell me about it ! Fitting out takes 10x longer
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

....... tell me about it !  Fitting out takes 10x longer
Reminds me of the bloke next door here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes had a thought bubble moment etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad worked out here could pull his carport down & have the new one up in 3/4 weekends of hard labour as such, 3/4 months Very Happy Very Happy later & he is still plugging away sadly Smile Smile I'm  affraid. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 10:18 pm

got the last of my wood today, hopefully be able to finish off over the next few days ... cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:27 pm

got a little bit further, wont be long now .......... cheers cheers

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0310

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0311

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0313

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0312

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0315

Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Img_0314
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:31 pm

need to finish the surround around the door, up the side and across the top......then sort the front windows out and im just about ready to put birds in..........will still be small jobs to do but can do that when i get spare time, nothing much really . cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 9:03 pm

You're getting there now David, looking tidy.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 12:27 pm

will paint it all once the better weather comes, a few more hours this week should have it ready for birds to go in ....... cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Looking good David. Will give you more zest this season. This season the old birds will lose a little time trapping I fear... Hopefully not.

Daren't think regards the cost … not counting the 'Man Hours' that could be added.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 11:10 pm

David wrote:
will paint it all once the better weather comes, a few more hours this week should have it ready for birds to go in ....... cheers
Green or brown Wink Wink Best I suggest thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes maybe a step at the front door type of thing there David, first bounce bounce as I can see some hairy type moments if you don't maybe Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 am

might re do it in the brown i started doing it 18 months ago, ive plenty left .........or i may do it the light green i did my other loft in, i quite like that.

yes knackered, i need to make a more permanent step, at the moment im using an old caravan step i found ........ lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:34 am

Personally, I think a wire mesh around the bottom may/could/might save a few problems later David.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Daz wrote:
Personally, I think a wire mesh around the bottom may/could/might save a few problems later David.

height was something i thought about daz, i reckoned that 12 inch of blocks, then a further 8 inch or so joists would deter any un welcome rodents , plus the fact it is stood on flags which they cannot burrow under made me happy enough i wouldnt have any problems ..........but having said that, rats / mice are always around, or passing through, and anywhere, however small could be a haven for them.

my dog would also be after them, but to be honest i wouldnt want her anywhere near a rat, never mind have one in her mouth ........ No No
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm

David wrote:
might re do it in the brown i started doing it 18 months ago, ive plenty left .........or i may do it the light green i did my other loft in, i quite like that.

yes knackered, i need to make a more permanent step, at the moment im using an old caravan step i found ........ lol! lol!
Very Happy Very Happy Must admit I'm a green type man here David Smile Smile flirted with pink at one stage thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but my neighbours had some concerns etc. Some thing about letting their kids run rampant in my back yard as such  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 am

Once had just rails for the loft floor. Build on such as you David. Cats got under and viewed them … Made them a mite nervous. Then I covered the pillars with Glass. Had once a couple of hens determine to nest under the loft... Couldn't stop them... a darn hard time trying to time them in lol. So glass as they can't gnaw or bite through. Once under a darn hard job to shift. Ok poison or porridge covered with cement … but a right stench when dead.
My loft here has just two air bricks into each apartment... Some say a mouse will even get through that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loft Progress so Far ...   Loft Progress so Far ... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loft Progress so Far ...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next