Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Big Team Flyers . Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Big Team Flyers . 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Big Team Flyers . Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Big Team Flyers . Vote_lcapBig Team Flyers . Voting_barBig Team Flyers . Vote_rcap 
David
Big Team Flyers . Vote_lcapBig Team Flyers . Voting_barBig Team Flyers . Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Big Team Flyers . Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Big Team Flyers . Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Big Team Flyers .

Go down 
+6
oldstrain
Knackered
peel bros
MISTY
halcanada81
David
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm

anyone got any thoughts on why fanciers send large numbers, is it to put the odds in their favour , because they are desperate to win at all costs ...?

yes we know it supports the club, but are their intentions really to support the club, or to give them selves the bigger chance of winning...?

i know some flyers like ray peel sends a lot of birds, but so does his clubmates, by what i know of flyers in rays area its the done thing to send loads and clear the loft out every week.....this is understandable if everyone flies this way, its the clubs where 2 or 3 members send big teams of birds, when the other members only send a few that im talking about ......

thoughts please ...?
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 pm

With young birds here limit in the Fed is 60. Many send that number. Lots of different winners though. Old and young. Some of the folks start with a pile then over the years cut down drastically once the performers breed performers. Numbers only matter when many young are not trained any distance and the fancier is hoping for "Follow the flock" for his birds.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm

The only advantage a mob flyer has is if one amongst them has a good day and has got itself in the first batch, no one can keep a large number of pigeons naturally healthy other than by treatments and that is not realy natural.

If a fanciers sends 50 pigeons at least 85% will be no hopers, no fancier choose who they are has a loft full of winners, lucky to have half a dozen real performers and others that have had a lucky day.

The percentage of good pigeons will rise the fewer kept if the fancier knows what he/she is doing and depends more on good managrment and selection rather than numbers and hope rather than expectation.

Training as I and many others have proven is not necessary if the pigeons are healthy and fit and this can only be obtained by open loft, pigeons fatened up for 80% of their life need more than training to keep them healthy and would be very doubtful of anyone who says they do not use preventative medication and fly widowhood and darkness systems.

If you have an open car race, all things being open the one with the biggest engine and driven by the best driver will always win.

The same with pigeons irrespective of any other consideration other than luck

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Did not read your question properly David.

I think different fanciers like to keep different numbers like any other sport, you can indulge in a small way or go all the way, spend less than most or go mad.

Never came across real mob flyers most of the best times there was a limit due to transporter capacity.

It is only as the number of fanciers have gone down and a different type of fancier joining the ranks that many started mob flying and in doing so saved many clubs from going under.

The real answer to your question, all fanciers want to win, why would one keep a loft full of pigeons and not go all out to win every race ?.

There is both advantages and disadvantages in mob flying, hard work in my opinion.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm

I am a mo flyer yes for a number of reasons, one I love to try other people's birds , 2 we buy a lot of stock birds , 3 because I love it , 4 because a few years back I said if I can't beat them join them . 5 its paid off . At the end of the day one bird wins only one and if you haven't a clue no matter how many you fly the top men will still beat you. As regards limits , no chance , race as many as you want in my opinion the more the better. We had a mob flyer in our club just like me and I worried about the quality he had not the amount but he still didn't win as he hadn't a clue
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Good for you peel bros, if you enjoy it do it.

I know I would never have kept a lot of pigeons because I would not have any idea how to deal with them.

Had to know each pigeons peculiarities to get the best out of them.

If there were not those prepared to send lots many clubs could not survive.

It is the fanciers who have the support of studs, free from their best so the can advertise them, usualy with big lofts and all the freebies from the commercial boys, the studs advertise the wins by those in the gift senario and sell from every pigeon in the loft.

Same with the freebies, they say they use, most end up in the bin.

These are the ones who have ruined the sport not the ordinary fancier be he/she a mob flyer or not.

Went through all this years ago and was cried down by the very individuals involved, some of whom are still around today.

The allotment and back garden fanciers have always been the backbone of the sport, the commercial boys the ruination.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 am

MISTY wrote:
Did not read your question properly David.

I think different fanciers like to keep different numbers like any other sport, you can indulge in a small way or go all the way, spend less than most or go mad.

Never came across real mob flyers most of the best times there was a limit due to transporter capacity.

It is only as the number of fanciers have gone down and a different type of fancier joining the ranks that many started mob flying and in doing so saved many clubs from going under.

The real answer to your question, all fanciers want to win, why would one keep a loft full of pigeons and not go all out to win every race ?.

There is both advantages and disadvantages in mob flying, hard work in my opinion.

Regards.

Bloody hard work I would say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes for those that choose to be a chook farmer type come race day etc Smile Smile Put far more into the system on average I've found than they ever take out in the end. Easy to go mental bounce bounce in worrying about what & how they do things, but it's all rather pointless I would suggest to a degree, as their input helps pay the bills in the end & every extra bird come race day has a certain value in that regard. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 am

anything over 20 / 25 young birds i find hard to manage, Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 8:47 am

there is advantage in numbers theres no doubt about that especially in the shorter races but also extra work ,so its not a advantage you get for nothing ...send as many as you like is my motto but its never been for me ...even mob flyers rely on very few birds to hit the landing board first at the end of the day Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:40 am

Think the main criteria regarding any activity is if you get less enjoyment than the effort put in you are in the wrong activity.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 pm

MISTY wrote:
Think the main criteria regarding any activity is if you get less enjoyment than the effort put in you are in the wrong activity.

Regards.
Simple words etc Misty Very Happy Very Happy but true Wink Wink I would say. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 7:31 am

67 ybs sent for today's race from us . Lost one on Thursday
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 7:47 am

Good luck peel bros.

To have so many ready for the fray is a success on it's own.

Can see the enjoyment in seeing so many come diving in at intervals, a fancier sending one or two has only two chances and all is over.

Never sent a lot myself but enjoyed the last returneees as the first.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 8:59 am

More the merrier in my opinion, big team fancier keep clubs and feds going and I enjoy racing against more birds, it’s more of a buzz winning against 200 than it is winning against 30.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 10:36 am

Nothing wrong with big team flying they have to pay for them as Steve said the more the merrier but it does get looked down at club level don't no why and even more at national racing when you are going for the biggest prize their is if it was foot ball and paid hundred million for a player that would be ok
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 8:19 pm

well it paid off ..1st , 2nd and 4th club
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Well done, a heart lifter.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 pm

Ha ha, nice one Ray.
I’ve also found that most big team flyers can still pick the right pool bird
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 9:28 am

Nice one ray
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:15 am

peel bros wrote:
well it paid off ..1st , 2nd and 4th club
Well done Mr Peel Wink Wink couldn't be more pleased etc. Just hope thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you have enough in your B team there lol! lol! lol! to give them a rest after reading what happened to many over the weekend  Smile  Smile.  cheers & take care, & I really mean that bounce bounce as those down here looking after the old folk, are really taking a real belting in the care department like you unfortunately with the virus issue.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 2:48 pm

London Club. 300 birds. 1 flier sent 36. Got first 14 positions. 1300 mpm.
Have a stray here from him. No 44. Let it out this morning. Should go home. Number 45 was his first bird last week. Stray here is 50 miles south of his loft.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Big team flyers! You mean Big team losses surely. Bred to lose I fear.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 am

Daz wrote:
Big team flyers! You mean Big team losses surely. Bred to lose I fear.
Well, yes Daz Wink Wink to a degree, but we do live in a throw away type society these days I suggest  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & big is better, maybe bounce bounce for some, even if most Smile Smile don't come up to scratch in a pigeon sense. 60/70,000 odd pigeons are in lock down mode here in a local sense because of the virus scenario Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & most flyers would normally be mating up over the next month or so on average & the last thing most don't want here for next year Smile Smile is a loft fool of old age pigeons to race. So Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as sad as it will be I suspect bounce bounce for most it will be, out with the old somehow & in with the new I'm affraid in most lofts on average. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Well if not up to scrath, lost or gone.

The very first yard stick, I believe, is your 'Own loft'.
far too many are kept, even forever given another chance! often revolving around cost to buy, or a pedigree.

Always told. 'Pedigrees paper doesn't fly'
For instance, so-called often bred in the pink are often beaten by 'Churchers/ townies and transferred strays.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Same with all living creatures.

All have varying capabilities which they cannot go beyond.
These can be either used to the full potential or ruined, depending on the manner they are used.

They come from many different sources, some with the best potential whilst others from those with none.

Humans being the best exsmple.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Team Flyers . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Team Flyers .   Big Team Flyers . Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Team Flyers .
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next