Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
random loft flying pattren Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» Weather today
random loft flying pattren Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
random loft flying pattren Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
random loft flying pattren Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) random loft flying pattren 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 107 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.random loft flying pattren Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
random loft flying pattren Vote_lcaprandom loft flying pattren Voting_barrandom loft flying pattren Vote_rcap 
David
random loft flying pattren Vote_lcaprandom loft flying pattren Voting_barrandom loft flying pattren Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222604 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
random loft flying pattren Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
random loft flying pattren Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

random loft flying pattren

Go down 
+2
George & Morgan
tanveerhbaig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

random loft flying pattren Empty
PostSubject: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi,
i am flying pigeons on loft and at the moment they love to fly 40min or more. but some times they surprise me with good flight and sometimes looks like they don't want to fly Sad

I keep and fly males and females separately. I fly from perch. One day I fly males and next day females. temperature here these days remain between 13-15c with 70-80% humidity these days. I fly around 10-11 AM ,usually has good sunlight. pigeons fly between 40-80 min and on land start fun cooing etc, no panting. feeding 25-29g/ pigeon, once a day, giving proper supplements and minerals.

2 days before males flew 51min with range to visible sight. females last day flew 10min and pose to sit back but I raised flag and then they started what I want, all flock range to disappear. after 20 min 1 returned then after few min 2 more .so one after other 6-7 females returned I kept them fly around loft. remaining team ranged around 50min cheers now males today looked happy ready to fly but they love to land after 15min, i keep them in air for 40min on land no pant no fatigue. but they didn't range or atleast remain in air contiguous

all pigeons looks healthy no sign or symptoms of any disease. but their flight pattern is not consistent . one rock one day ah Sad

what are your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:25 pm

do the hens hear the cocks when in the loft also do you feed the same food to each and how much others on the site will give you better advice
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:35 pm

yes they do hear and sometimes see each other. same food for all

George & Morgan wrote:
do the hens hear the cocks when in the loft  also do you feed  the same food to each and how much others on the site will give you better advice
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:19 pm

Sorry not familiar with your pigeon seasons, Is this the time of year your pigeons would usually be paired together? Maybe nature calling Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 pm

hi tanveer, good to see you back.......are your birds paired up or separated ? are they chasing or trying to pair up ...?
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 7:00 am

yes, wild yb are here in this season. usually sep-oct. feb-march looks another season for our indoor pigeons

barnie wrote:
Sorry not familiar with your pigeon seasons, Is this the time of year your pigeons would usually be paired together? Maybe nature calling Smile
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 7:03 am

Hi David, thank you. no both male and female are separate. no chasing no pair.
they can't see each other but can listen. only chance to see each other is the time of trap, as one can see other from aviary Smile

David wrote:
hi tanveer, good to see you back.......are your birds paired up or separated ? are they chasing or trying to pair up ...?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 8:29 pm

A little confused.

You fly hens and cocks to the perch, so they are not paired up then when racing.

??????.

Temperatures appear higher than here, and a dehydrated pigeon will only fly within limits, if given freedom, they know better than us.

Would be interesting to know just how you go through a season, from January onwards.

All the best.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 11:40 am

Yes Misty, no pairing, no boxes.
both male ,female train and live separately during race season. before race season they were together, but I don't breed for widowhood. some fanciers are trying widowhood here, so if it worked, i will try too Smile

after 500KM, I pair some pigeons that I plan for 700KM or above race.

15-16c feel good and slight cold to us. as in summer we have 40c+ temperature Mad on our first race around 10Jan, temperature will be around 10c and last race in early march, temp will be 30-35c . last year in our second last race temp rise upto 40c on liberation site. it was unexpected as we use to race around 30 during that time of season. It is tough here Sad

MISTY wrote:
A little confused.

You fly hens and cocks to the perch, so they are not paired up then when racing.

??????.

Temperatures appear higher than here, and a dehydrated pigeon will only fly within   limits, if given freedom, they know better than us.

Would be interesting to know just how you go through a season, from January onwards.

All the best.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 12:41 pm

Very interesting, thank you for the explanation.

Hope you have a good season.

Only ever flew natural, never parted them, would never have used Widowhood etc;

Think the best incentive is contentment and love of home, happiness.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 8:55 pm

since last 3 days, I have done following and it start improving.
1- started antibiotics (neomycin+erythromycin+oxytetra cyclin) course
2- sprinkle turmeric powder on feed moist with garlic oil (on alternate day)

today was day 4 of antibiotics and both male and female started improvements .
I have observed that 2 pigeons where itching beak in feather after flight, one was like swallowing something. those lead me to think about respiratory infection treatment. so far it is good. I am hoping for the best
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 9:34 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:

I have observed that 2 pigeons where itching beak in feather after flight, one was like swallowing something. those lead me to think about respiratory infection treatment. so far it is good. I am hoping for the best

Sorry to hear you are having health problems with your feathered friends, must be a worrying time.

From a very early time I never had any health problems at all other than the odd one going light which was easily cured by a Old Hand tablet.

The only way to have naturally healthy pigeons is to build up their immune system and this tales time and some hard decisions regarding culling.

The only thing other than normal feed, grit and minerals mine got was garlic cloves in the water every day.

The best advice I can give is seek the advice of a vet, too many fanciers who give advice have their own health problems with their pigeons every year.

Just hope everything pans out Ok, GOOD LOOK.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 6:57 am

one of the worse sickness i saw in birds not mine a friend was mice droppings check your loft and corn for mice
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 2:49 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:

could be mycoplasma or wet canker ,after treatment with antibiotics be sure to treat them for candida ,good luck tanveer
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 4:05 pm

thank you Misty.
I am also believer of natural immunity, remove ill YB from loft is my practice . most of my pigeons are yearling and this may be second time and first for some to intake any antibiotics. even in current situation , 2 out of 69 pigeons showed mild symptoms. So impact is not high , but I don't want to take risk as I am in plan to start toss next week

MISTY wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

Sorry to hear you are having health problems with your feathered friends, must be a worrying time.

From a very early time I never had any health problems at all other than the odd one going light which was easily cured by a Old Hand tablet.

The only way to have naturally healthy pigeons is to build up their immune system and this tales time and some hard decisions regarding culling.

The only thing other than normal feed, grit and minerals mine got was garlic cloves in the water every day.

The best advice I can give is seek the advice of a vet, too many fanciers who give advice have their own health problems with their pigeons every year.

Just hope everything pans out Ok, GOOD LOOK.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 4:06 pm

thank you George. at the moment , I my loft is safe from mice Smile

George & Morgan wrote:
one of the worse sickness i saw in birds not mine a friend was mice droppings check your loft and corn for mice
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 4:07 pm

thank you Darren.
they never get ill during year , all illness comes when we start preparation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

oldstrain wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

could be mycoplasma or wet canker ,after treatment with antibiotics be sure to treat them for candida ,good luck tanveer
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 5:35 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
thank you Darren.
they never get ill during year , all illness comes when we start preparation  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  

oldstrain wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

Sounds as if it is a yearly occurrence, if so what changes do you make from when you have no problems ?.

Could be this that or another, the only way to find out is have a vet diagnose exactly what the problem is, you could do more damage than good giving the wrong medication, not to mention wasting money.

Be interesting to find out what the problem is.

Good luck.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random loft flying pattren   random loft flying pattren Empty

Back to top Go down

random loft flying pattren
Page 1 of 1