Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 9 van reet yb for sale
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai Yesterday at 10:41 am

» Weather today
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 8:16 am

» Good Morning
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 8:15 am

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:58 pm

» 2024 RPRA final Dunbar
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 pm

» breeder of the sire to the soft ybs
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:37 am

» Registering CPH Number
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm

» soft pigeon
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:33 pm

» BHW Renewal
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:01 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ambition in sport - Page 29 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ambition in sport - Page 29 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Vote_lcapAmbition in sport - Page 29 Voting_barAmbition in sport - Page 29 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Vote_lcapAmbition in sport - Page 29 Voting_barAmbition in sport - Page 29 Vote_rcap 
fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1304 registered users
The newest registered user is fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai

Our users have posted a total of 223899 messages in 14044 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ambition in sport - Page 29 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ambition in sport

Go down 
+4
barnie
peel bros
George & Morgan
MISTY
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 2:49 am

MISTY wrote:
Hated culling.

Spoils and reduces the enjoyable parts.

However, it would be impossible to breed every year and keep them all, even if you started off with only half a dozen.

What you can do, and I always did to the best of my ability, give any animal etc;
that I kept as near to nature as possible.

Widowhood and the Darkness methods do not meet that criteria.

Regards.    
I suspect somehow Smile Smile culling worries a lot of us etc Misty, if honest. Hard to escape thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid End of the day, most animal's/birds & especially those in the food chain for us humans have an ending not to their general liking type of thing I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:15 am

the thing is we bred/bought these birds so the buck stops with us ,something i was no longer willing to do ...which is why i just have a few as pets now like i used to before i started racing and to be honest i am enjoying it with no pressure or conscience but thats just me and what i feel/think so i am not having a pop here at anyone else for what they do but none the less it did not sit well with me and very happy i dont have to make those decisions anymore Smile
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 9:56 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:
Hated culling.

Spoils and reduces the enjoyable parts.

However, it would be impossible to breed every year and keep them all, even if you started off with only half a dozen.

What you can do, and I always did to the best of my ability, give any animal etc;
that I kept as near to nature as possible.

Widowhood and the Darkness methods do not meet that criteria.

Regards.    
I suspect somehow Smile Smile culling worries a lot of us etc Misty, if honest. Hard to escape thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid End of the day, most animal's/birds & especially those in the food chain for us humans have an ending not to their general liking type of thing I suggest. cheers

Agree with that Knackered, we just take for granted that which is offered us by way of food etc;

If we analysed all that which is involved we may not sleep at night.

Afraid looking at all involved humans have a lot to answer for.

In particular as it is possible to live very well without meat.

But then we are talking about humans.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:55 pm

i read something a while ago which said the chickens in our super markets are only 30 days old.......thats 30 days from being a little yellow chick .

if this is true or not i dont know, to me it doesnt seem possible but it could be true i dont know .........i know we have to eat but if its true i dont like it . No
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 5:25 pm

[quote="David"]i read something a while ago which said the chickens in our super markets are only 30 days old.......thats 30 days from being a little yellow chick .

if this is true or not i dont know, to me it doesnt seem possible but it could be true i dont know .........i know we have to eat but if its true i dont like it . No [/quote

Yes David.

Saw a programme that showed the poor things.

Also showed they were frozen to death.

Keeping thousands must mean using preventatives etc;

Showed thousands all in one large building including dead ones.

Food available all the time as is water.

HUMANS ???????

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 7:48 pm

it seems the cruelty to animals is getting worse here in the uk misty, at one time animals seemed to be treated better, but now its going backwards and animal welfare is getting worse again.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 9:34 am

David wrote:
it seems the cruelty to animals is getting worse here in the uk misty, at one time animals seemed to be treated better, but now its going backwards and animal welfare is getting worse again.

Fairly recent programme David showed ex race horses being shot for the food chain after serving their purpose and owners not willing to pay vet bills etc;.

Had to turn it off made me feel ill.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 9:25 pm

In the papers today regarding killing animals as trophies in Africa etc;

Big strong men (and women) shooting lions,tigers, elephants etc; etc; from point blank rage whilst they are enjoying their wild life.

Makes, or should, any normal person sick.

On another subject, hope Knackered has had his eye op and he can see clearly now.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:05 pm

MISTY wrote:
In the papers today regarding killing animals as trophies in Africa etc;

Big strong men (and women) shooting lions,tigers, elephants etc; etc; from point blank rage whilst they are enjoying their wild life.

Makes, or should, any normal person sick.

On another subject, hope Knackered has had his eye op and he can see clearly now.

Regards.

Went bush walking  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes many years ago Misty Very Happy Very Happy back when bounce bounce in another type life. Gigantic Python, like never seen before in our way. No way forward, no way back situation. Hero types said shoot it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I said best not lol! lol! lol! just give it friendly type smile Smile Smile maybe & then attempt somehow to step over it & move on as such. End of the day Smile Smile the eye situation Misty is causing me some concern I'm affraid & especially now after my new glasses fiasco here with those pushing for me to have it done etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 10:29 am

There is nothing at all to worry about the operation Knackered.

Would be unwise to get glasses before having the operation, and only get one eye done at a time with break in between, get the glasses after the operation because it does improve the sight significantly.

Good luck.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 am

not a silly question what does  glasses on prescription mean
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 10:46 am

George & Morgan wrote:
not a silly question what does  glasses on prescription mean

Could be wrong but think it means, George, those prescribed by an optician as being appropriate to your eye condition.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 10:55 am

thanks misty  that may apply to me
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 3:28 pm

Not read the BHW yet George, just skimmed through it, still no AGM report ????

Bet most of the propositions were turned down.

Be interesting.

Regards.

Read the BHW George.

Old article by John Harwood.

Lost touch with him when I stopped racing.

Apparently he is having trouble with his laptop.

Was amazed and not a little upset to learn he has lost all his border collies he
adored them and to lose all four must be heart breaking, even time only dims the hurt one feels

Just hope his operation enables him to get around a lot more.

Got a Christmas card 2222 but not this year, no wonder with all he is going through.

Would drop him a line but would have no words to express how I feel for him.

Hard to weigh matters up sometimes George.

Regards.

Last edited by MISTY on Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 3:31 pm

yes think ones from this region were one the issuing of rings early
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 9:45 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
yes think ones from this region were one the issuing of rings early

Cannot understand minutes of past AGMs are still on that are totally irrelevant and not the up to date one that will affect the sports future.
Although looking at past ones tis plain why the sport has stood still ( sorry, gone backwards)

The Clique do not want change.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm

what i can't understand  misty why was it not in this weeks BHW
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 10:03 am

[quote="George & Morgan"]what i can't understand  misty why was it not in this weeks BHW[/quote

Too busy trying to get OL entries me thinks George.

Think the new chap in charge is a good guy, just hope he gets some backing.

Will be interesting to see how the proposition votes went.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 10:23 am

sorry so far can't agree Chris is the right man for the job i think a lady called Milly  now runs  the rpra and rest work from home most days  hope i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 10:40 am

George & Morgan wrote:
sorry so far can't agree Chris is the right man for the job i think a lady called Milly  now runs  the rpra and rest work from home most days  hope i'm wrong

Just read the COs report in the 2222 AGM minutes George.

Think he summed matters up very well.

No one can solve matters when you have dead legs calling the tune and oppose any changes.

Only time will tell if the new bloke is given backing to change matters.

Why on earth do you think there has been so many different Managers etc; a job that should be a sought after one. ?????????????????????????????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 6:36 pm

Whilst looking for some information regarding the new CO I came across several references and comments made on this site.so what we say is not just read by site members which may be a good thing.

Maybe liven some fanciers up.

Hope Knackered is OK.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 pm

Counted my birds yesterday and got a shock haha 107 old birds but that will wittle down as going to work them harder than normal...I want at least 7 to 8 wins this year .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 10:22 am

peel bros wrote:
Counted my birds yesterday and got a shock haha 107 old birds but that will wittle down as going to work them harder than normal...I want at least 7 to 8 wins this year .

Do you have your own basic stock pigeons that you use every year and just try other youngsters from other sources to test against your own and how often, if you do, do the introductions beat your own.

Regards. .

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 3:06 pm

Yes exactly that . We bought a few birds this year off a top flyer who's partnership sort of packed in . They where to good to not get so that boosted the stock team up . We buy ybs in every year to see if better than our own
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 3:55 pm

peel bros wrote:
Yes exactly that . We bought a few birds this year off a top flyer who's partnership sort of packed in . They where to good to not get so that boosted the stock team up . We buy ybs in every year to see if better than our own

Never did that myself but certainly very good and interesting addition to the norm.

Two races within a race, can't be bad.

Still miss seeing the last one back, in particular if it was a favourite having a bad day.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambition in sport
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next