Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 9 van reet yb for sale
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:41 am

» Weather today
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:16 am

» Good Morning
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:15 am

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:58 pm

» 2024 RPRA final Dunbar
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 pm

» breeder of the sire to the soft ybs
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:37 am

» Registering CPH Number
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm

» soft pigeon
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:33 pm

» BHW Renewal
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:01 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Vote_lcapHow’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Voting_barHow’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Vote_lcapHow’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Voting_barHow’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
barnie
fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1304 registered users
The newest registered user is fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai

Our users have posted a total of 223899 messages in 14044 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How’s the breeding going

Go down 
+6
Knackered
MISTY
barnie
David
George & Morgan
markevans
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 10:40 am

wish i had waited and sent these 2 ybs to the olr just hope they are tested at there new loft

How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 P1070725

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 11:51 am

yes nice little chequers them george, but you wernt to know .......hopefully the ones youve sent will get a fair chance and race well ....
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 12:19 pm

Big changes in a month..........same nest pair growing fast

How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 33543811

How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 33662710

How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 34141110
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 12:23 pm

they are nice Colin have you finished breeding now
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 1:53 pm

yes george, all done last month
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Nice healthy looking young ones, lets hope they get a chance to shine, like the last one best.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 4:35 pm

making nice birds them colin, are they on darkness ...?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 7:09 pm

David wrote:
making nice birds them colin, are they on darkness ...?

Yes 2 weeks now David so breaking into body moult, some more than others.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 8:32 pm

Always suspected that the darkness system had something to do with YBS and would never have contemplated using it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 pm

i always thought the same misty, but naturals still get it .......although if i ever raced again i would leave them natural i think .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 8:15 am

David wrote:
i always thought the same misty, but naturals still get it .......although if i ever raced again i would leave them natural i think .

I started up 3 years ago with YB's on natural, they got it twice, then next 2 years again natural, both years sickness. Natural or darkness, if they're going to get it then they'll get it, only difference is you can't compete racing with natural youngbirds week in week out and that's a fact.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 9:51 am

Colin i know ybs in the 50s and 60s born early December i'm sure did race in September from 250-300mls however i do think it was the type of bird in those days and  losses were not so heavy should have said this was Northern Ireland
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 11:49 am

George & Morgan wrote:
Colin i know ybs in the 50s and 60s born early December i'm sure did race in September from 250-300mls however i do think it was the type of bird in those days and  losses were not so heavy should have said this was Northern Ireland

Born early December back then George it's unlikely rings were issued until January the following year so maybe hatched last few days of December, but if fanciers were doing early breeding then no-one had the advantage of knowledge of darkness back then. But early breds would have been in better feather come september than spring hatched thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 1:02 pm

i do know it was changed to 7th January then back now to 1st December do birds really need to go on darkness born in November
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 2:32 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

I started up 3 years ago with YB's on natural, they got it twice, then next 2 years again natural, both years sickness. Natural or darkness, if they're going to get it then they'll get it, only difference is you can't compete racing with natural youngbirds week in week out and that's a fact.

The problem has a cause, started here when more fanciers took to the darkness system.

One problem is that many fanciers think a clinical loft is good for their pigeons when in fact the nearer to nature you keep the better all round for the pigeons.

I never had young bird sickness nor any other health problems other than the odd one going light.

My young birds won right up to me stopping racing.

The only thing they got was garlic every day, other than a good mixture all year
round and basic grit and minerals.

Prefer fact to theories.

Many people I feel are put off by all the adverse information regarding the sports problems rather than the immense pleasure it gives to those who approach it in the right manner.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 12:48 pm

one buyer of young birds off elimar is coming this week to collect his birds, hes in scunthorpe which isnt too far away, it will save on courier costs .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 4:20 pm

David wrote:
one buyer of young birds off elimar is coming this week to collect his birds, hes in scunthorpe which isnt too far away, it will save on courier costs .... Very Happy

Is it the fancier who bid for both lots David ?.

Would be interesting to see how they did as a team if so.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 5:14 pm

no misty, in the end it was two different buyers .......he is collecting either tuesday or wednesday , i`ll be glad when all 17 have gone .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 6:13 pm

David wrote:
no misty, in the end it was two different buyers .......he is collecting either tuesday or wednesday , i`ll be glad when all 17 have gone .

Think overall David things could have turned out far worse.

Turned out better than it looked at one time.

All matters relative to our sport are unpredictable at this time.

Just hope the last lot do well.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 6:55 pm

yes misty, at the beginning we were unsure how or if they would sell due to this bird flu saga , luckily they sold very well ..... fortunately i bred earlier than previous years so i cashed in with buyers wanting early ybs

because i paired up early ive have enough by now, and ready to separate them when all ybs have gone .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 7:01 pm

well done David i have 3 ybs in the nests for my self may take a few more then can't wait to finish
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 9:35 am

George & Morgan wrote:
well done David i have 3 ybs in the nests for my self may take a few more then can't wait to finish

Only seems like yesterday when talking about pairing up, time just flashes by.

Soon be talking about Christmas.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 9:38 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 pm

ust had a phone call off fancier who collected 8 young birds yesterday, i mentioned to him when he called that i had another 6 or so left then im stopping breeding for this year ......he asked if he could buy them direct rather than go through elimar .

must be happy with those 8.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 9:16 pm

David wrote:
ust had a phone call off fancier who collected 8 young birds yesterday, i mentioned to him when he called that i had another 6 or so left then im stopping breeding for this year ......he asked if he could buy them direct rather than go through elimar .

must be happy with those 8.

Best result this week David.

Could not be better.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

How’s the breeding going
Page 16 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next