Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Racing System - Breeding Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Racing System - Breeding 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Racing System - Breeding Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Racing System - Breeding Vote_lcapRacing System - Breeding Voting_barRacing System - Breeding Vote_rcap 
David
Racing System - Breeding Vote_lcapRacing System - Breeding Voting_barRacing System - Breeding Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Racing System - Breeding Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Racing System - Breeding Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Racing System - Breeding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

Racing System - Breeding Empty
PostSubject: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 9:03 pm

I don't have decades of racing experience but pigeon keeping. I have read and listened many about Racing System, But I believe that it is not only about adopting widowhood ,roundabout etc. it is something that comes after many phases.

Racing System starts with egg Smile Only healthy pair can give us healthy zygote. we should track loft disease history from where we are buying pigeons. I have learnt that pairs who survive without abuse of anti-biotics ,produce offspring with good immunity. Such offsprings require less management in their lifecycle. Their vital organs remain at optimal level to face hardtime in races. I have tracked this in my loft some pair never get that much ill that needed support of medicine and their offsprings showed same behavior. even offspings of pairs having upper respiratory infection get caught with same infection in times of stress .

Next in breeding is performance of parents or parents family is more appropriate to say Smile if parents family is good , we expect to have good racers. also weather conditions of area. pigeon can climatize themselves but sometimes it takes time. So choosing pigeons from local loft or loft with similar conditions could be something to consider. Our hands can lie but basket don't, test is the tool of selection cheers

experiments are always encouraged in breeding. But we may maintain a ratio between experimental and proven breeding to remain in game cheers not all or everytime, we can breed all rounder pigeons. we should consider potential of pairs and put them in line of duty Very Happy if the potential of the family is 700KM , taking them to over that could cost one. We should achieve new milestones step by step.

patience and observations is the tool I have to develop Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 pm

hi Tanveer, good to see you back......i agree , when choosing pigeons i think its best to choose on performance, and also take into account weather conditions and number of birds sent ......hard race or an easy race and how many birds made it back.

too many are being bred and raced off none performers from generations back .
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:59 pm

Thank you David

David wrote:
hi Tanveer, good to see you back......i agree , when choosing pigeons i think its best to choose on performance, and also take into account weather conditions and number of birds sent ......hard race or an easy race and how many birds made it back.

too many are being bred and raced off none performers from generations back .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 10:58 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
I don't have decades of racing experience but pigeon keeping. I have read and listened many about Racing System, But I believe that it is not only about adopting widowhood ,roundabout etc. it is something that comes after many phases.

Racing System starts with egg Smile Only healthy pair can give us healthy zygote. we should track loft disease history from where we are buying pigeons. I have learnt that pairs who survive without  abuse of anti-biotics ,produce offspring with good immunity. Such offsprings require less management in their lifecycle. Their vital organs remain at optimal level to face hardtime in races. I have tracked this in my loft some pair never get that much ill that needed support of medicine and their offsprings showed same behavior. even offspings of pairs having upper respiratory infection get caught with same infection in times of stress .

Next in breeding is performance of parents or parents family is more appropriate to say Smile if parents family is good , we expect to have good racers. also weather conditions of area. pigeon can climatize themselves but sometimes it takes time. So choosing pigeons from local loft or loft with similar conditions could be something to consider. Our hands can lie but basket don't, test is the tool of selection cheers

experiments are always encouraged in breeding. But we may maintain a ratio between experimental and  proven breeding to remain in game cheers  not all or everytime, we can breed all rounder pigeons. we should consider potential of pairs and put them in line of duty Very Happy if the potential of the family is 700KM , taking them to over that could cost one. We should achieve new milestones step by step.

patience and observations is the tool I have to develop Smile
I wish you well Tanveer Very Happy Very Happy Patience & observation etc  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Smile Smile I really do. When looking at race results in general, more times than not the velocities posted only tell one half the story from my experience. Spin & bling catches most folk out these days I'm affraid in a pigeon sense, unfortunately (Example) Local Fed here 100 odd members/flyers just had 3 break your heart type races from 3/350 odd miles as such. Many spin & bling types  Wink  Wink nowhere to be seen come pull over time bounce bounce as when one studies the general results of those 3 races, closely Smile Smile one finds somehow Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes only 15 flyers somehow were able to clock in all of them come race day at pull over time. Enjoyable part for me here, was seeing a couple of small no name types well to the fore amongst them with excellent results each week while many of the glitter types  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad were missing in a big way as one could perhaps say Very Happy Very Happy End of the story lol! lol! lol! & as tragic as it is unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm affraid for the local sport here, a rather old pathetic flower power afro alien hippy type was one of the mob of 15 somehow type thing, sadly Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 9:15 am

good to hear from you tanveer ,i think your on the right track ...personally i like the birds who performed well in lower velocity races -1200 ypm ,i raced north and most races were south west wind which was a headwind ,i liked birds that performed in these races ...good luck to you and your endeavours
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 6:57 pm

thank you Darren and Knackered

oldstrain wrote:
good to hear from you tanveer ,i think your on the right track ...personally i like the birds who performed well in lower velocity races -1200 ypm ,i raced north and most races were south west wind which was a headwind ,i liked birds that performed in these races ...good luck to you and your endeavours
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:52 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
thank you Darren and Knackered

oldstrain wrote:
Not Smile Smile required Tanveer Very Happy Very Happy Always say at my end Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one has a choice etc bounce bounce what path one travels in a pigeon type sense come race day. One can go Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad for the fairy floss types, which only survive bounce bounce more times than not Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes because they simply have a wind up their **** come race day, or one can choose those mentioned like what O/S preferred for his enjoyment on race day. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing System - Breeding   Racing System - Breeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing System - Breeding
Page 1 of 1