Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Damp lofts/sheds Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Damp lofts/sheds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Damp lofts/sheds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Damp lofts/sheds Vote_lcapDamp lofts/sheds Voting_barDamp lofts/sheds Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Damp lofts/sheds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Damp lofts/sheds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Damp lofts/sheds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:09 pm

I dont no whot your loft/sheds are like but this damp weather, i took my youngbirds out and put them in the raceing loft closed the blinds and with no air getting in i had not cleaned it out when i went in the next time there was fluff balls all over the place thats why i am writing, this to tell you to please make shore you have air getting around your lofts at all times as bad circulation is one of the worst things you can have in your loft you will put your birds off and thats no good at this time of the year they need to be intop form for breeding study study study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:13 pm

YES TRUE GINGER, MY LOFT DOESNT HAVE GOOD ENOUGH VENTILATION AT THE MOMENT, and over the last few weeks its been hard to keep the floor dry as there hasnt been any sun to dry it when damp..........i think i coild do with fitting internal wire doors on every section so it would allow a good circulation of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:42 pm

A few years ago I had a similar problem with poor ventilation. Ideally it is good to have an extracter fan fitted to a hose pipe that runs along the back wall of the loft, the hose or pipe hase lots of holes drilled in it and the fan comes on and off every 15 0r twenty mins for 5 mins or so sucking out the poor air,

Where the roof meets the side of the loft at the back if you remove some wood to leave a gap of around 2 inches and air can blow in the front of the loft and leave through the back at the top that works too, if air blows in the front and cannot leave through the back or the top you will have problems with respiratory disease due to a draft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 pm

i have a 2 or 3 inch gap accross the front of my loft and accross the back, just under where the roof sits......this is ok i think but what i do need is some vents low down in the doors which will hopefully draw the fresh air through the loft............im intending to fit these before racing starts, after breeding.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

why after breeding if you go to Blackpool you can get them there you will have time in waiting for the young birds to hatch it wont hert the birds get it done why wait you dont want to upset or ghange anything when you are going to start raceing never change just befor raceing you wont your birds carlm and content thats if you want to win races
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:24 pm

pairing up in three wekks time ginger and still other work yet to do on loft..........dont know if i`ll get chance to fit vents, and most likely wont be at blackpool.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 pm

You can leave my loft for a week longer and you get the jigsaw out you can fit them in ten mins
DONE SORTED
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Razz Razz should get it done as soon as possible realy ginger, altho since ive fitted my home made traps the flow of air has got better because the dowelling section is lower down the door.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm

You want get the misses out there when its raining to hold some poly over you wiel you do the job thats love for you Im shore she would do that for her darling now thats real love
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:57 pm

weve been togeather since we were 16/17 ginger, i dont think she can stand the sight of me after all this time..........thats probably why she told me to start up with pigeons again...... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:13 pm

get those vents in david asap you can just mesh them for now mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 pm

yes i definately need them, its very important for the loft to have good ventilation i think.......also i must get my aviery sorted out once my new loft goes up.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 pm

As you will know a dry loft is very important as Salmonella breeds in damp conditions, and respiratory disease is also rife if the ventilation is not qute right the birds , especially the youngsters will have breathing problems , even slight problems will add 10 mins or more on their clocking times,

Treatments are good but if the air does not circulate just right it can be a recurring nightmare sorting out the breathing especially Ybds . A topfancier once said that if he stood in the centre of a pigeon loft with a lit cigar the smoke would find a way out near or at the roof area with the minimum of fuss.
The best way is extracter fan but not always possible, depending on electric supply to the loft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 am

i think my roof level ventilation is adequate but its just the lack of floor level vents im short of, once i get these in i think all my venting problems will be sorted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damp lofts/sheds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp lofts/sheds   Damp lofts/sheds Empty

Back to top Go down

Damp lofts/sheds
Page 1 of 1