Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Birds not flying well at home Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Birds not flying well at home 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Birds not flying well at home Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Birds not flying well at home Vote_lcapBirds not flying well at home Voting_barBirds not flying well at home Vote_rcap 
David
Birds not flying well at home Vote_lcapBirds not flying well at home Voting_barBirds not flying well at home Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Birds not flying well at home Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Birds not flying well at home Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Birds not flying well at home

Go down 
+6
David
kev d
IANYOUNG
peel bros
wraggy
nikkimass35
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nikkimass35
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

Birds not flying well at home Empty
PostSubject: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:44 am

Hi all. Im after more advice please. I fly my birds on natural and always have done. I just cant seem to get my birds to fly round the loft, its a problem i have always had. I only have 7 pairs and have never kept many more. They only fly on average for 20 minutes, then they land and want to go straight in the loft. They are beating me home from training now. In the last few years i have done well from the channel races and even winning the fed, and getting very good returns from very very hard channel races. I watch other peoples birds flying and they are flying for ages. Do you think it should be something to worry about or just leave them to it. Thanks for reading Mass
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

my mates fly same ass u they dont fly that good round home u after keep naturals training hard how far u gettin them mate
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 pm

its hard to keep natural birds excercising well,training is the key i would think.try letting them out so that thet clap about then train them,i bet they improve
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm

nikkimass35 wrote:
Hi all. Im after more advice please. I fly my birds on natural and always have done. I just cant seem to get my birds to fly round the loft, its a problem i have always had. I only have 7 pairs and have never kept many more. They only fly on average for 20 minutes, then they land and want to go straight in the loft. They are beating me home from training now. In the last few years i have done well from the channel races and even winning the fed, and getting very good returns from very very hard channel races. I watch other peoples birds flying and they are flying for ages. Do you think it should be something to worry about or just leave them to it. Thanks for reading Mass
i wouldnt worry about them they are just keen to the loft nothing wrong in that just train them a few times a week to keep them on there toes sure they will be ok come race day thats all that matters
Back to top Go down
nikkimass35
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi ya i have been letting them out before training and it does help. I have only got them 11 miles and that is how far as i can get them really as i dont drive and am relying on people, they are well home before i am. They have had about 5 or 6 tosses, as my first race is only 66 miles. They have all been raced and my first race is saturday. Do you think they will be ok to send only having 5 or 6 tosses. Cheers Mass
Back to top Go down
nikkimass35
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Ian. I think your right they seem very keen to the loft. The birds are in great condition and look very well. I let them out this evening after work, they were flying 10 minutes and you could here the cocks calling for the hens, i suppose it was time to change over on the eggs, and the hens were dropping out the pack straight onto the loft. I suppose that is one of the down sides of racing natural. Cheers Mass
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 pm

they will be ok, as long as trained like you say
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 pm

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 pm

very strange
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm

hi mate , if the birds are coming well in there races and training why worry the birds
are obviously content in the suroundings and love there home
you seem to be doing ok to me well done on your past performances keep it up .
i also fly natural cheers kev
Back to top Go down
nikkimass35
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi kev thanks for the reply. The thing that gets to me most is, if they flew longer round the house im sure i would get more good results. For example i bread my mate some late breads out of my family of birds, and his pigeons fly for over an hour and he was getting cards from sprint races and even winning pointers 366 miles with latebreds.Yes i do ok from the channel races but would also love to compete at the shorter races, I just dont know. Next year i wuill put them on roundabout i think.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:37 pm

i dont think you will get naturals to fly for long as they will be wanting to get back to their mates or ybs/eggs etc......what about having them open hole ???
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm

exactly
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 pm

could it just be the birds are quite content?i dont race pigeons but it seems to me on watching taking on tyson one of the problems they have is birds finishing.if i were you i would worry more if the birds were sitting out for hours.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 pm

it was the same with my ybs last year (2010), when they were cocks and hens all in the same section they were pairing up and not wanting to fly much round home.........then when i seperated the cocks and hens the hens flew or hours, altho the cocks didnt fly that long they still flew longer than if they had been left togeather.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 pm

i had the same problem aswell last year but i paired 2 months later this year david so might leave them together when did you pair last year mine were paired december 15th
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 pm

think i pair round about end of december darren, this year i waited till 5th feb but think i made a bit of a mistake and shoud have paired maybe 3 weeks earlier........
scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 pm

i paired at that time david aswell and thought i should have earlier but things are comeing together now mate
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:06 am

think i will pair mine around same time i think next year worked out quite well really for me but will see. maybe blackpool weekend im not sure
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 am

Mass can not see anything wrong with your birds but what i would say is naturals have to be trained a lot more than compared to widowhood cocks mate

If your freind is winning sprint races with your birds you must be feeding a little more than compared to your freind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birds not flying well at home   Birds not flying well at home Empty

Back to top Go down

Birds not flying well at home
Page 1 of 1