Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
natural vits in corn Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 pm

» Good Morning
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
natural vits in corn Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) natural vits in corn 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.natural vits in corn Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
natural vits in corn Vote_lcapnatural vits in corn Voting_barnatural vits in corn Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
natural vits in corn Vote_lcapnatural vits in corn Voting_barnatural vits in corn Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222883 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
natural vits in corn Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
natural vits in corn Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

natural vits in corn

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
Don Webb
David
bikesfred54
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

natural vits in corn Empty
PostSubject: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:28 pm

im not sure now but dont all good corns have its own natural vitamins in them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm

i would emagine the individual seeds ie maize, peas, beans etc would have a certain amount in them........not certain but would thing so. scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Will second that David
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

yes their is of course a certain amount but is their enough for racing birds and each mix of corn will have different amounts
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Very Happy If you think the verious corns and seeds we give our birds isnt enough for them to race , breed and live, YOU ARE A FOOL, I have said before we have doves living in the trees by my loft, they roost in the same place every day and night and the droppings fall in the same place .... I will post a picture of thier droppings, PERFECT, what do they eat? a Dam sight less than my pigeons and thats a fact. They are as healthy as a race horse, vitamins will do nothing for anything, I raced well last year no potions or tonics and no vits and I topped sections and opens, you dont need them, buy better pigeons.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

there must be one hell of a lot of fools out there then
and a bigger lot of companies making fools of us
that would also mean all the top flyers that advise people are giving us all bull to
i think not but we all have our own opiniuns
and i do agree you need good birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 pm

the thing is wild birds have acess to all sorts of natural things that contain goodness and its not always easy to obtain top birds for a reasonable sum that are proven i agree their are alot of potions on the market that are touted by some that are indeed of no use but with some i have noticed a difference of benefit and only use natural products anyway
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Very Happy You only have to look at a body and ridewood catalogue to see what fools pigeon fanciers really are, thats why there are products for just about everything...... ..Even If you take one product company such as avifoam, If you use all the product range they have and sugest we use there isnt enough days in the week to put what they sell in the water, so yes fools we are.
Vitamins will never improve anything, and wont make them win, they are usless, and I sugest trying 1 season without using anything no tonics potions or powders...and I bet anyone they wont be worst than the last 1.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Are you saying only seeds and plain water? No medicine, and just cull birds that get sick? I have heard of this method, completely natural. I dont know anyone that uses it, can you help me understand?
Back to top Go down
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Chad wrote:
Are you saying only seeds and plain water? No medicine, and just cull birds that get sick? I have heard of this method, completely natural. I dont know anyone that uses it, can you help me understand?
im only a starter but a guy i know uses red cell. its used for race horses and other large animals he mixes it in with the food plenty of iron and minerals he swears by it any of you guys use it?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy If you think the verious corns and seeds we give our birds isnt enough for them to race , breed and live, YOU ARE A FOOL, I have said before we have doves living in the trees by my loft, they roost in the same place every day and night and the droppings fall in the same place .... I will post a picture of thier droppings, PERFECT, what do they eat? a Dam sight less than my pigeons and thats a fact. They are as healthy as a race horse, vitamins will do nothing for anything, I raced well last year no potions or tonics and no vits and I topped sections and opens, you dont need them, buy better pigeons.

Your right Martyn but the one thing i will say is the doves in your tree are not put under the stress your race birds are put under with training and racing so yes the vitamins may help out

But you are right for seeing the difference with or without vitamins
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 am

lofthouse wrote:
Chad wrote:
im only a starter but a guy i know uses red cell. its used for race horses and other large animals he mixes it in with the food plenty of iron and minerals he swears by it any of you guys use it?
I know guys who use it, to me it is just another vitamin. Most seeds mixes and pellets all have a decent amount of vitamins.
To me it is not just using vitamins, you should know what vitamins you dont have in the seed mix or what extra you need if any.
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Chad wrote:
no chad you will find most flyers will use vits for there birds and i would say all of them use medicine to treat there birds.i think you will find when most talk about natural things its just things off the shelf with no chemicals added.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:38 pm

lofthouse wrote:
Chad wrote:

ive heard of it before lofthouse, mark caudwell`s system refers to it along with many other "tonics/potions" and you are right it is used for race horses.......
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 pm

i think a lot of all these vitamins/tonics are just money making for the suppliers, they all claim that theres is the best and if you dont buy it you will win nothing.......everything now seems designed to get money out of gulible fanciers who are chasing wins, this is just my opinion but look in the weeklies and you will see them all,

i once read in a pigeon mag that we rarely see plain, simple grit advertised........why ? because its cheap and theres very little profit in it thats why.
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm

David wrote:
i think a lot of all these vitamins/tonics are just money making for the suppliers, they all claim that theres is the best and if you dont buy it you will win nothing.......everything now seems designed to get money out of gulible fanciers who are chasing wins, this is just my opinion but look in the weeklies and you will see them all,

i once read in a pigeon mag that we rarely see plain, simple grit advertised........why ? because its cheap and theres very little profit in it thats why.
very true david all we can do is buy whats others have used and said helped them or some thing that as worked for us.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

ive always used pigeon tea and glucose and good old johnsons iron tonic
i sure wouldnt pay the price some are asking for the same i can get from a shop a third or less off the price

david start a product you use page see how many we get lol

start me off with tea
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm

The Red cell is for race horses, it is a iron booster. Some vitamins will just pass throught the bird if he gets more than needed and some vitamins will build up a toxicity. Im not saying red cell is bad and I dont know if it will pass or build up tixicity. I mean to say I dont want to use something I dont know why Im using it or know that I need it.

I understand energy comes from fat, longer races I understand to feed more fat.
Carbs are used really fast and are better for shorter races were the birds are nearly home when the carbs are burnt.
Iron helps the blood flow but, how do we know his blood is not flowing well already?
Back to top Go down
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Chad wrote:
The Red cell is for race horses, it is a iron booster. Some vitamins will just pass throught the bird if he gets more than needed and some vitamins will build up a toxicity. Im not saying red cell is bad and I dont know if it will pass or build up tixicity. I mean to say I dont want to use something I dont know why Im using it or know that I need it.

I understand energy comes from fat, longer races I understand to feed more fat.
Carbs are used really fast and are better for shorter races were the birds are nearly home when the carbs are burnt.
Iron helps the blood flow but, how do we know his blood is not flowing well already?
spanish peanuts is good to fatten up yr birds plenty protein
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: natural vits in corn   natural vits in corn Empty

Back to top Go down

natural vits in corn
Page 1 of 1