Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
five minutes at louella Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) five minutes at louella 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.five minutes at louella Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
five minutes at louella Vote_lcapfive minutes at louella Voting_barfive minutes at louella Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
five minutes at louella Vote_lcapfive minutes at louella Voting_barfive minutes at louella Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
five minutes at louella Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
five minutes at louella Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

five minutes at louella

Go down 
+8
GRIZZLECOCK
jim
Don Webb
David
Rudderfett
oldstrain
IANYOUNG
birdy2011
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

five minutes at louella Empty
PostSubject: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 pm

well went to louella today seen all the birds on show took me five mins to view the lot then out the door never again will i go there utter rubbish
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:01 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
well went to louella today seen all the birds on show took me five mins to view the lot then out the door never again will i go there utter rubbish

pmsl g should have went to youngy,s
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:06 pm

yes had to cull 2 stock birds from their wild as feck and unhelthy they were in quarentine for 6 weeks ffs but do have another pair that have turned out real belters after some hard work and perseverance with them but never again will i go back to them
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm

I have bought from them and always found them healthy, but they are wild. I also went to louella a year ago when I was in the area and did feel a bit disapointed not only by the birds but the place is a bit dated and not what I expected at all.
They really need a rethink if they are going to survive taking into consideration the climate today with money, and the decline in the sport, I just had some birds from holland hans eijerkamp, what a difference so proffessional and really make you feel special birds are amazing best I have ever had, and the service was brilliant. I would not buy from louella again now I would save more money and go back to the eijerkamps in holland.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

i know someone who bought from eijerkamp as well martyn, and hes pleased with them too........
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Very Happy cant fault them david, perect condition on arrival, and just what I wanted, I couldnt have picked better myself good balanced birds and just look class. thumbs up from me, rather pay more and get more although they are not too expensive comared to some.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Went to louella's a few years ago and all the birds were in sets of 6 and each set had only 1 bird worth buying in some sets

But on the whole nothing worth buying
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:00 pm

well i can say its 20 years since i last went to louella and its not changed 1 bit rarther drab not even a welcome seems its suply as fast as you can now
but if they were mine today ide have binned most of um and befor the criticks start yes they do breed winners but ide hope to if i sold as many as they do but what is there winning average per 100 sold 1%
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

To be honest now the old man has gone think things will go from bad to worse
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Don Webb wrote:
To be honest now the old man has gone think things will go from bad to worse

yes i agree don think this is the problem years ago maserella had a good name
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes and he was fair as well Lou was a pigeon man though and through were the lads have never raced just seen the money there dad has made over the years

But will say Lou did race and win well if i am correct i think he won a few North Road National
Back to top Go down
jim
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:39 pm

yes louis did race well he called them the snowballs flew very well for them late 50s & 60s
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I have not been to louella since early 80`s,but alli know is they spent an awful lot of money on stock,the best mind you,and if you are looking for good distance blood i cannot see how you can go wrong,just check the peds and make sure the birds have generations of results in real long distance national competition, right up to date,not mickey mouse stuff like UNC,MidlandNat and all the other ,justBBC BICC .NFC
I think problems start for fanciers when they go to louella and buy Sprint type rubbish,because anything can win that type of racing,management means everything for inferior sprint racing,and another thing ,do you notice how louella pander for fanciers wanting whites,griz,blacks ect,its a joke really waste of money for those bred for colour types
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm

David wrote:
i know someone who bought from eijerkamp as well martyn, and hes pleased with them too........
a mate of mine bought one over 20 years ago payed £1000 for it it droped down 2 wks later and they would not replace it needless to say he never went back
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

I have had birds from both Louella and from ejerkemp at ponderosa, 6 van reets from Louella were rubish, like sparrows and cover in their own crap, the 2 from Ponderosa we went to pick up they were niceand they let us check them out and have a look at others from the same strain incase we prefered them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm

when we last bought ybs from louella it was 25 years ago, and they were well reared, healthy birds........they also raced and won for us, but like i say, this was 25 yrs ago so i have no idea what they are like now..........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Many years ago, I and Stewhit were regular customers at Louella's and we did used to spend a few quid with him.
They nearly always had what we wanted, the birds were always in good health and yes they did breed us winners.
Ok they did take some time to calm down as they were extremely wild.
But I think since Lou passed, the place has seriously gone down hill and their service is on par with Boddy and Ridewood.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm

when we bought them gary, they would arrive in nice clean boxes with nice clean shavings in......we would buy ybs in lots of either 6 or 12 and they were always something speacial to look at.....always well reared and looking the part. as you say, it was when the dad louie was alive so by what ive heard and read it is quite possible the standards might have dropped now.....
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

I would say so mate, we used to spend hours at their place, asking to see various pigeons, Lou put his heart and soul into the business and was proud of his customer service.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Gaz b wrote:
Many years ago, I and Stewhit were regular customers at Louella's and we did used to spend a few quid with him.
They nearly always had what we wanted, the birds were always in good health and yes they did breed us winners.
Ok they did take some time to calm down as they were extremely wild.
But I think since Lou passed, the place has seriously gone down hill and their service is on par with Boddy and Ridewood.

Gary you are spot on there mate, the old man ws the main one the lads are just in it for the money

Remember going to a eyesign show at Louella's the judge was Bill Carney i showed 2 hens the one hen had won at the old commrades show in the breeding class
Got to the last 12 and my 2 hens were eliminated because they were to small and because Bill did a running commentry on all the birds judged when i heared they we out because the were small i hit the roof and said thisis a eyesign show not a handling class.

Next thing Lou came out from the office and came over to me and said can i see you took me into the office asked what my concernes was and i told him he gave me my entry fee back asked me bring the two hens to him to see which i did when the show ended

Lou commented how well they were and the breeds of the the blue henn was Janssen with a deep nut brown eyeand the old Hen who won at the old commrades show was stitabault with a deep green eye, lou said if you ever want a cock for them then let me know, he then gave me a card with his personal number on, i was gob smaked to say the least

The only problem was because my father was and still is a complete wxxxxr, he was not prepared to spend money to help improve the bird we had

Will say the old Hen breed prize winners in almost every nest and this was with no special cock just what we had in the loft, with children,grand children, great grand children and so on, at the time i was flying with my dad i could count at least 40 winners over time with her blood in them

But louella world has no gone by the by Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Lou was a gentleman mate, he did much more than just sell pigeons.
He made racing pigeons affordable for so many people.
I remember when Stewhit and I went to buy a few birds, we brought em back and two days later one dropped off it's perch.
Ste rang him and told him, he just said send me back the ring and I'll get a replacement to you, true to his word, he did and it was a better bred bird than we had originally purchased and he paid for the delivery.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Yes Gary Lou was a true gentleman and there will not be one to beat him, and there won't be another stud to help the working class with top class pigeons at affordable prices either Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:12 am

Just think if Lou had been alive, how many of those Janssens would have appeared at Louella's.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:51 am

louella are always saying in the adverts that they only buy the best, i wonder why they arnt bidding on these janssen birds ? they must have enough money to buy some of them surely....... scratch
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:03 am

They have no interest mate, they are just hammering the stock that they already have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: five minutes at louella   five minutes at louella Empty

Back to top Go down

five minutes at louella
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next