Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 98 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Vote_lcapLooking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Voting_barLooking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Vote_lcapLooking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Voting_barLooking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Go down 
+7
Grizzle cock
peel bros
Don Webb
littlehen
IANYOUNG
David
Julie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Julie

Great to see you are enjoying your pigeons all the best with them
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:33 pm

hi julie,enjoy your pigeons,even if you dont get to race them they will still give you a lot of pleasure and happiness. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:17 am

Agree totally with you littlehen
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 pm

yes,its good to see a new starter enjoying their birds don. cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:00 pm

are you racing littlehen if you are how long you been racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:44 pm

how long have you been racing ian, did you say you once raced in partnership with someone ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 am

Hi David

Raced with my father until we fell out over pigeons 12years ago but at the moment do not race due to having a young family and work commitments but still visit freinds and keep in contact with the sport having all the latesed dvd's, weekly books, and go to all the shows

Have been apart of this fantastic sport for 31 years
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:37 pm

don, does your dad still race pigeons ? i raced with my brother and packed in with a bit of "unfriendlyness" so to speak...lol ,seen him twice in over ten years and i know he still races but i just get on with my own buiseness....did you and your dad fall out over the management of the birds or having different views on racing etc.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 am

David my dad still races but does not have the same success as he did when we were a partnership

We fell out in a big way have not spoke for over 10 years you can say i hate him very much

We fell out over the management of the pigeon as i had different veiws as i would try different methods and this did not work out

With stewarding at the old commrades show i was mixing with the best flyers in the country and they would talk to me about different methods of flying cause i would take there advice and try to use it at the loft but this caused problems between meand my dad

So got fed up of all the hassel and me and my dad had one big fall out and that was that and i left the partnership
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:48 pm

i think you are right about the need to try different things with them, and when top flyers are giving tips and advise only a fool would not listen....even tho some methods do work i dont think you should do the same thing week in week out it has to vary every now and then....and try something different. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 pm

i would agree with you if you keep everything the same then the pigeons get a little bored and loss the reason for racing home
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:10 am

yes don...we would do different things every few weeks when it was basketing time...sometimes we would pick the cock up as soon as he went in to the hen, and other times leave him with her for different lengths of time...maybe sometimes just turn the bowl over and not even show the hen.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 am

David if you try different things it keeps the cock thinking what will happen next and help keep them on there toes
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 pm

yes i agree with that keep them thinking
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

do widowhood go stale to the extent that they go off form altogeather ? why does it happen, hens not showing interest or bored of the system ? amy thoughts.... bom
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:55 pm

yes they do go stale for many of the reasons you say some fanciers tend to pair back up for a week and seperate again to get a lift unfortunately you only get one or two weeks then they are flat again
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:01 pm

wonder if a widowhood cock is in condition all season or if it comes into condition for a week or two and thats it for the season ?...if you know what i mean. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Always remember when widowhood was starting to be the norm people would say that widowhood cocks would keep there form all season
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

But for me if you can keep them in form for 6 weeks max before you have to do something to make them keep there mind on the job

You are doing well
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

yes your right don trying to get that edge not easy there are many methods
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Dont know, have no clue
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:59 pm

is that your game talking daft
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Im talking something you could understand.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 pm

scratch scratch scratch

Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Hammers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 pm

like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to reading all your posts.
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next