Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:12 pm

» Weather today
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Vote_lcapLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Voting_barLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Vote_lcapLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Voting_barLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222736 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness

Go down 
+7
Rudderfett
Don Webb
oldstrain
Gaz b
Rene A
David
evs
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:07 am

iv been told to use live yogurt to prvent young bird sickness how often would you use this and how much would you put on the corn and does this work
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:46 am

hi evs, ive heard something like this before, i suppose the live yogurt is for the digestive system/gut........so i suppose it could help prevent yb sickness as part of the symptums are not digesting the corn properly and being sick.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:19 am

i put a tablespoon on 2 ltrs water
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 am

Live yoghurt, is especially good after a course of antibiotics for helping restore the gut flora, the good bacteria. If using it on corn only use it in small batches and ensure it gets eaten straight away as it sours very easily. Yakult is good for this.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 am

Chers all ill give it a go anythinks worth trying if it helps
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 am

i use strike and profitek but many use yoghurt
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 am

hi evs, this is why i feed my ybs light.......50% diet and 50 % widowhood so they digest the corn easily and also i feed once a day to give plenty of time for them to digest it before i darken the loft.............also on the longest day (21st june) when they come off the dark i make sure for the next week they stay on a light feed.

not saying this always stops yb sickness but im sure it helps.......
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

i also feed 50/50 but i feed twice a day in morning and evening my birds go out 5 oclock every morning and back in at 6 and then feed half there amount back out at 5 and feed the other half but im not on darkness being that its my first year with a team of young birds
im still racing my two late breeds there always about gives me somethink to do while im waiting for young birds
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 pm

if your not on darkness, i wouldnt worry too much about yb sickness then evs.......
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:04 pm

you can still get it David so its better to try and keep it at bay iv been told about it and it dont sound good
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:18 pm

no its not nice evs, but mine nevre got it until i tried them on dark......

anyone got an opinion on this...?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 pm

I only had it once and that was the one and only time I had them on the darkness system.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Eves have also been told that live yougut can help prevent coccidioses
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:49 pm

worth a go then David and its not filling them with antibiotics i try to keep away from them but some times you need to use them i use deweerd to test droppings hes very helpful
when i raced 20 odd year ago i think things have changed a lot
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 pm

I dont get yb sickness where lots of birds are ill but do have a few sick birds for a day or 2 and a bit of sick on the perches in the morning which isnt yb sickness as it only lasts a day or 2. However this year is my first hyear on darkness and the only year I havent had any sick birds at all, they are the most healthy I ever had. But and here is the but my loft has perfect ventilation and I think that is the key to healthy birds on darkness, even though my loft ventilation is perfect, I think it does get a little stuffy on very still warm days when theres not much wind. So if your on darkness and your normal ventilation isnt spot on then I will garentee your darkened loft will be lacking and the health will suffer, so yoghert or anything eles wont do much, I would sort the loft out first, but as david has said if your not on dark dont worry.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm

ive said all along a lot is down to ventilation thats why i fitted the pipe all the way through the loft with the blower on its clean fresh air 24/7
not many have said they are having problems yet this year but if you look the weather hasnt been hot for more than a few days at all but when the heat comes and the presure is put on the birds training and racing watch the count rise 10 fold
over crowding will make it even worse antother good point is not to feed your birds till the have rested for 20 mis after excersise jmo each will have different ones
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:38 am

Bang on mate.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
ive said all along a lot is down to ventilation thats why i fitted the pipe all the way through the loft with the blower on its clean fresh air 24/7
not many have said they are having problems yet this year but if you look the weather hasnt been hot for more than a few days at all but when the heat comes and the presure is put on the birds training and racing watch the count rise 10 fold
over crowding will make it even worse antother good point is not to feed your birds till the have rested for 20 mis after excersise jmo each will have different ones

Spot on G "The Steve Van Breman Ventilation" system study study study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Or my freind Shaun McDougnan who has the same
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:21 pm

my birds have just been diagnosed with young bird sickness.droppings test was sent to deweerd a few days ago.the test came back negative for everything accept for levels of bacteria.after a discussion with the vet from deweerd he has come to the conclusion of young bird sickness.told me to use amoxycillan or any broad spectrum antibiotic like baytril.i managed to get my hands on adenosan and have been treating them since tuesday.not much change in the droppings situation so i dont know how long it takes to clear.treatment is 7 days should i be seeing positive results by now?by the way there was no vomiting only crop retention and various coloured droppings ranging from very wet with small worm like droppings to yellow and brown well fromed droppings and also very sloppy droppings this colour.some were green too.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

when sending droppings to any vet your having them tested for the most commom things

but the vet is not in your loft and only goes by the droppings this is where things

can make a big differance if you have no worms coci etc i say your loft must be

dry to a good extent however is your loft ventilated correct are you over crowding

your loft thses are 2 of the things that bring on stress and then other things

arrise most if you dont panic can be sorted by giving a light diet glucose and honey

for a few days its very very rear you see birds in numbers dieing in the loft

so a few basic checks could right the wrongs this is only my opinion others may have differant veiws

one more thing now that the racing season has come watch all the old things

raise there ugly heads funny they dont in winter

is this because they get so much crap for this and that before racing yet during winter just clean water and no problems only my veiws
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 pm

all these problems seem to arise when its breeding time.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:29 pm

like ive said im not in your loft nore is your vet

you havent said the size of your breeding area or the birds in that section this is what im trying to point out did you tell the vet how many in a section you keep did you say the lofts closed in
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 pm

geordiejen wrote:
all these problems seem to arise when its breeding time.

thats because the birds are under pressure and any underlying ailment will come out ....sounds like you may have e-coli to me going on what you have said but hard to say without going into your loft ....take out all grit and minerals whilst birds are under medication and keep them in, the grit and minerals absorb some of the active ingredients in the medication also after using antibiotics treat with nystatin as they will probably have some form of fungal which is just one of the drawbacks with using antibiotics jmo atb
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:39 pm

well the vet called it adenocoli.you are correct the only thing i can say and what is noticed most is the droppings.what i cant understand is most fanciers blame this on stress from racing or the darkness system.most of my breeding birds are last years young and these birds have the different coloured droppings.nobody ever mentions squeekers in the nest dying or the adult birds showing signs.could it be these birds came down with this last year and they are passing it onto their own young?maybe they are showing signs because they are run down.what i also dont understand is some of the methods mentioned to clear it without the use of antibiotics.no feeding 24 hours,small amounts of depuritive,live yogurt,charcoal tabs.how can this lift such a thing when medically its a combination of bacteria and virus.im all for trying anything that doesnt involve antibiotics.is this nyfurimycin an antibiotic.im using adenosan by chevita right now does anyone know which type of antibiotic thats in it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next