Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Vote_lcapA tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Voting_barA tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
David
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Vote_lcapA tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Voting_barA tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

A tip for the breeding loft

Go down 
+9
Rene A
peel bros
littlehen
steve1952
Don Webb
friendsloft
David
IANYOUNG
fred holbard
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 pm

hope so steve
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:56 pm

peel bros wrote:
thats what i thought ,the salt drying it up,believe me its strong,i cannot get the taste out of my mouth...lol

Ray, you shouldn't be eating it although it should come in handy if you have a beer tonight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Ok thanks for the info, so I supose it does both jobs, dries it up unnaturaly with the properties of salt, but could also be good for the system in general.I once saw a natural history programme where hunters were catching monkeys to eat, all they used was a container with a salt block in it, the monkeys wanted the salt that much that once they put thier hand in and grasped the salt, they wouldnt let go, and couldnt pull the clenched fist out through the hole in the top. The hunters would simply walk up to them and smack them over the head. thats how inportant salt is when you cant get any. I supose the birds will only eat what they want...thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm

peel bros wrote:
thats what i thought ,the salt drying it up,believe me its strong,i cannot get the taste out of my mouth...lol

at least your droppings will be dry ray............... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:00 am

yes ray its for the pigeons not you forgot to tell you
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 am

DAVID wrote:
peel bros wrote:

at least your droppings will be dry ray............... lol! lol! lol!
nice 1 David lmao
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 am

very good,drppings where perfect this morning.mine not the birds thanks lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Can I ask how everyone faired that used the salt blocks?

Be good to get some feedback
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Fred the dropping around nest bowl were spot on, i thought they were alright before using ur salt tip, but using this and how much the dried up showed me just how much moisture they contained, thats me converted, and i will certainley carry on with this with future breeding years
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:27 pm

one of my stock ends use it the other one does,nt, cannot see much of a difference in there droppings yet
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:28 pm

just started to peck at it now fred.
to early to say yet.but you were right fred one of the hens thats feeding 3 day young was pecking away at it today.
A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Icon_bounce A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks for the replies boys, keep them coming, in answer to you Ray, you may not see a difference between the two sections, you may have got it right in both sections, all I would say is you wont get any wet feeders in the section that has the salt block in IMO.

Are you using pickstones in the other section or grit with salt, as they must be getting salt from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 pm

taking mine out fred as they were drinking too much filling drinkers 3 times a day plus dropping on youngbirds were watery much better now maybe it a coincidence
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW I'm shocked Ian, never had that before, can't understand it, sorry mate I wouldn't put you onto a wrongen if I could help it, glad there OK now,
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 pm

yes i always put grit and minerals in the stock loft
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Ian, can I ask if they were gorging on the salt, ie did you notice a lot of activity on the salt block, only trying to understand what went wrong
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

not at first fred but after a couple of days they noticed it then they were eating it but i wouldnt say gorgeing
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm

I suppose you can't please everyone Ian, but as I said before I'm shocked, as everyone I know who had wet droppings with the young birds in the nest, on trying this stopped it in it's tracks.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Very Happy I got to say this topic has generated a lot of posts, and mostly good ones about the salt and its obvious it works on the dropping...but personally I wouldnt give it, dont get me wrong Im not knocking it just stating my opinions. but they dont always no whats good for them like we think, my son would eat chocolate and chips all day every day if i let him, too much salt has got to do damage internally, to the kidneys I would say, so be carefull.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

i havnt used it fred, but noticed the droppings around the bowls are very good and are a nice green colour tipped with white........what difference would the salt block make to the droppings as reading kens reply i get the impression they dry out after a while with using the salt, also when the parents have walked on the droppings they flatten down anyway, does this still happen with using the salt block or do they stay firm..... scratch
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

[quote="fred holbard"]I put mine in today also, you may not see any difference, but the droppings round the bowl will be excellent Cool

page 3 top of the page
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm

hi fred, was that in reply to my question or to kens.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 pm

david sent you pms
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

I didn't know Ken asked a question, it was to you David
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm

I dident Lol
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tip for the breeding loft   A tip for the breeding loft - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

A tip for the breeding loft
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next