Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
yellow keel - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) yellow keel - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.yellow keel - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
yellow keel - Page 2 Vote_lcapyellow keel - Page 2 Voting_baryellow keel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
yellow keel - Page 2 Vote_lcapyellow keel - Page 2 Voting_baryellow keel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
yellow keel - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
yellow keel - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

yellow keel

Go down 
+2
Grizzle cock
IANYOUNG
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

yellow keel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:57 pm

yes youve got the picture
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:59 pm

watever goes to bourges is finished for the season same with andrisel
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:00 pm

watever goes to bourges is finished for the season same with andrisel
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Myself i only like sprint racing upto 200 miles have raced the distance in the past the best race point i liked was Nantes 366 miles for old birds ang Gurnsey for young birds 215 miles

when i was younger i always wanted to win the nantes national as me and my father always had a good pigeon out of nantes i think that was because we were heavy feeders for sprint racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:04 am

hi don, when you say you prefer the sprint racing are they widowood and have you ever tried roundabout , racing the hens as well... when we raced we only flew them on widowhood but this time round im planning on giving roundabout a try once ive got back into it. when you say "heavy feeders" are you giving a lot of food for sprinters and if so what effect does this have when racing...trapping, performance etc.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:21 am

Yes the birds were raced widowhood and yes have tried racing a few hens with very small success in 94/95, but as time goes on then the racing of hens has been tried more now

Feeding plays a major part and when my dad feed the birds they were feed in a troff and were not feed by the ounes but by the mug/cup as that was how my dad feed the cocks

When racing the cock would race to the loft and then go on a fly around the loft just to say i am here losing time and being them few minutes behind

If you are racing sprint then you have to get the food just right and train he birds to trap as soon as they are at the loft nn messing about

But it all starts as young birds get them in a routine and keep to it as old birds then you will no go wrong
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm

What do members look for, to see if their pigeons is in form, physicaly.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:25 pm

pink skin ,wattle pinky white , flying around the loft well, silky feathering
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:43 pm

will agree with you iany but when pigeons are in form they always start to do things different and to me that is sometimes a sign of form coming as well
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:50 pm

i have a yearling cock and he is always trying to fly up to an imaginary perch....he is on the floor and he is looking up as though there is a perch and he flies up as if going to land on it and there is nothing there.....and he just lands back down on the floor.... Question

any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:58 pm

David am a bit puzzled but try and put a perch were he is flying to just to see what will happen
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:10 am

never know of this before try doing what don sugests see what happens
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:42 am

Also never seen that before, did you consider that maybe he want to go outside, when he look up, maybe he think there could be an opening in the loft. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:22 pm

quite possible, i dont know myself, hes done this for a long time and is the only one that does it....one thing though this cock has never had a day in his life when he looks a bit under the weather unlike some (i think most birds sometimes look a little bit off now and then, even tho there is nothing really wrong with them)....and he is alwas full of life and energy cooing round and very lively..... bounce
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:17 am

nothing obviously wrong with him david,but as don says they do things differently when they are on form and maybe this is one of them. Question
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:43 am

some of my pigeons are doing what you say that yearling cock is doing flying up to nothing but not inside the loft out side trying to get in maybe he wants out probably hell settle down in time
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Very interresting this things they do , i never saw anything strange with my birds , maybe they were never on form Idea
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm

you will find certain different things they do when on form they could be very slight if you look hard enough you will see ,the day before i send to race i let my widowhood cocks do as they want around doors this helps me look to see if they do anything unusual and helps me pick what iam going to pool
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:54 pm

thats another topic there ian...lol

how do members pick their pool bird...? Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:54 pm

if fanciers spend time with there pigeons they can see different things happening but this can only happen if you have time on your side, but if you work then this can be difficult as time is short round the loft this is were a routine has to be used to see what your pigeons are doing

When Dave Allen did the Staf van Reet video staf's son ronny went in partnership forgot the person he was a young bird flyer but when you look close when they are in the loft talking i did notice a cctv camera and yes you are all goin to say this is over the top but ronny and he's partner were able to see the pigeons and see if anything was being done differently which showed them that any of the pigeons were coming into form.

This is how you can find form by watching your pigeons but if you can watch them with out they seeing you then that can help also
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:15 pm

it would be good to have a cctv in the loft don...could have a live feed on our site . Smile
great idea though, to have one in the loft especially like you say when time is limited due to work...many a time i try to spy on them without them seeing me from outside but they always seem to catch sight of me ... bom
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi david i only posted that reply just to show what people will do to see what there pigeons are doing with out disturbing the pigeons

Must say it is hard trying to see what the pigeons are doing with in the loft with out disturbing them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yellow keel   yellow keel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

yellow keel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2