Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Partnerships
tried pairing up  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:26 am

» BHW Subscriptions
tried pairing up  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» Weather today
tried pairing up  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Good Morning
tried pairing up  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» King removes Patronage
tried pairing up  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
tried pairing up  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
tried pairing up  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
tried pairing up  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
tried pairing up  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) tried pairing up  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.tried pairing up  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
tried pairing up  Vote_lcaptried pairing up  Voting_bartried pairing up  Vote_rcap 
David
tried pairing up  Vote_lcaptried pairing up  Voting_bartried pairing up  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222780 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
tried pairing up  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
tried pairing up  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

tried pairing up

Go down 
+2
Knackered
Klausey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:22 pm

well I tried to pair up with my small team of show racers to find that two of the so called pairs which I bought are cocks and just knocked the crap out of each other
left with a problem now of two best cock birds having no hens and the two other cocks I am not realy bothered about not breeding from

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:44 pm

klausey wrote:
well I tried to pair up with my small team of show racers to find that two of the so called pairs which I bought are cocks and just knocked the crap out of each other
left with a problem now of two best cock birds having no hens and the two other cocks I am not realy bothered about not breeding from

Are they the ones you purchased at Blackpool etc by chance john. If so !!!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would be straight onto the last owner & tell him you do not like being shafted, type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Knackered wrote:
klausey wrote:

Are they the ones you purchased at Blackpool etc by chance john. If so !!!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would be straight onto the last owner & tell him you do not like being shafted, type of thing. cheers

no the ones from Blackpool are exactly as the person described them , those three birds were the easiest to pair Very Happy ,these are some from a fairly local fancier (20 miles away)and I think the old sod has had my "shirt-up"my back so now I am in desperate need of two white mealy or red hens
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 12:06 am

Knackered wrote:
klausey wrote:

shafted Laughing either way I would get on the blower asap john and give him some Mad he may just rectum I mean rectify the problem ...hope it gets sorted for you atb
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
klausey wrote:

shafted Laughing either way I would get on the blower asap john and give him some Mad he may just rectum I mean rectify the problem ...hope it gets sorted for you atb

rectum was right mate , the man in question has sold up (so he says) and I wont get any change from him
he is near 80 years old so I dare not say too much
I am just going to live with it as I don't have much choice
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 pm

are they regular show racers
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

oldstrain wrote:
are they regular show racers

white mealy show racers or show pen racer which ever title

would consider red or mealy hens
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm

ah rite reason I asked is my friend has various show breeds but not show racers unfortunately ...seen some nice mealys at blackpool £35 each looked nice and healthy too
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

oldstrain wrote:
ah rite reason I asked is my friend has various show breeds but not show racers unfortunately ...seen some nice mealys at blackpool £35 each looked nice and healthy too

always the case , when I went to blackpool I thought I was well off for mealy's and only bought a yellow, a redhen and a silver cockbird which I am very pleased with
I looked at some mealy hens thinking that a couple of spare hens can do no harm !!!!!!!

te he he hindsight is a wonderful thing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 pm

john, you say the previous owner "supposedly" has packed in, why don't you try find out exactly if he has or not, then if he hasn't get onto him to put things right.........

being 80 years old works both ways, if hes old enough to have your pants down, hes old enough to be told you want your purchases put right......JMO
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm

David wrote:
klausey, you say the previous owner "supposedly" has packed in, why don't you try find out exactly if he has or not, then if he hasn't get onto him to put things right.........

being 80 years old works both ways, if hes old enough to have your pants down, hes old enough to be told you want your purchases put right......JMO

fair point David , I wondered that if he has actually given up or just off loaded his spare cock birds onto me , might be worth a ride out tomorrow and see
Back to top Go down
Delboy74
Chipping
Chipping
Delboy74

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 am

Are they young birds as we all know sometime harder to determine the sex. And ye canny just boame the old guy didn't you handle and check the sex of them before buying??? Good luck
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Delboy74 wrote:
Are they young birds as we all know sometime harder to determine the sex. And ye canny just boame the old guy didn't you handle and check the sex of them before buying??? Good luck

the ones I bought from him are finer built than my other birds and not having seen or had experience of his birds I took him at face value

I have contacted him and he has told me "I don't know what I am talking about" so there is no point pursuing the matter any further with him

I do know that driving cocks do not lay eggs though
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 pm

I think you will just have to take this one on the chin m8 I suspect he knows exactly the game but what can you do with a 80 year old playing stupid atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:52 pm

sounds a decent sort of chap john....NOT !!!, it sounds like he knew exactly what he was selling you, name and shame him on site, then others will know who he is and who to avoid in future.......

by the way, has he packed in ?
Back to top Go down
Delboy74
Chipping
Chipping
Delboy74

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:05 pm

David wrote:
sounds a decent sort of chap klausey ....NOT !!!, it sounds like he knew exactly what he was selling you, name and shame him on site, then others will know who he is and who to avoid in future.......

sorry David but mistakes can be made and well there's two fanciers so far that can't tell the sex of the birds so both are at fault
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm

we all at some time bought birds which were not the sex we thought they would be I bought 2 cocks and 3 hens which turned out to be 3 cocks I liked the birds and they did not break the bank so I was fine with it show birds change according to the judges at the time now they are very big years ago they were finer more likeliest racer which is what he may have had what you need to do is put some photos up how long have you been showing birds but do put some pic's up I would like to see them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Delboy74 wrote:
David wrote:
sounds a decent sort of chap klausey ....NOT !!!, it sounds like he knew exactly what he was selling you, name and shame him on site, then others will know who he is and who to avoid in future.......

sorry David but mistakes can be made and well there's two fanciers so far that can't tell the sex of the birds so both are at fault

yes quite true del, its not always possible to tell cocks from hens when they are young, but the sellers couldn't care less attitude and ignorance to klausey`s enquirey wasn't very sportsman like really......if it had been me and a genuine mistake had been made I would have at least tried to put things right for him. or come to some amicable agreement.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm

are we talking about this pigeon or pigeons in general
Back to top Go down
Klausey
Chipping
Chipping

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

oldstrain wrote:
I think you will just have to take this one on the chin m8 I suspect he knows exactly the game but what can you do with a 80 year old playing stupid atb

I bought the birds which he had in a basket and as he taken them out told me the sex of each of the birds , I chose the ones that caught my eye for colour not type because as he told me at the time they are quite inbred and the birds heads are finer and not as "sweet"as the type I have

being told I don't know what I am talking about after seeing that one is clearly a cock bird did not endear me too him , but because of his age I have kept my mouth shut

his location is Longridge ,Preston and I don't think he has given up with birds because he still has a race team

I am better off putting this matter to bed and buying a hen from somewhere to go with the cock bird I have as I don't want to use the bird I got from him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tried pairing up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tried pairing up    tried pairing up  Empty

Back to top Go down

tried pairing up
Page 1 of 1