Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
feeding young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
feeding young birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
feeding young birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
feeding young birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
feeding young birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
feeding young birds Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
feeding young birds Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
feeding young birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
feeding young birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) feeding young birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.feeding young birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
feeding young birds Vote_lcapfeeding young birds Voting_barfeeding young birds Vote_rcap 
David
feeding young birds Vote_lcapfeeding young birds Voting_barfeeding young birds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
feeding young birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
feeding young birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

feeding young birds

Go down 
+5
killer
Knackered
oldstrain
Don Webb
markevans
9 posters
AuthorMessage
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

feeding young birds Empty
PostSubject: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:13 pm

what will members be racing their young birds on this season a high carb mix or a high protine mix
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 pm

this is going to be interesting Mark so many different brands and types on offer today
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 pm

I always like to use junior plus by versa laga but always fed well and always had a bag of
junior o about to beef it up when needed ....I never send ybs to a race hungry ,never raced to the tin
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 am

oldstrain wrote:
I always like to use junior plus by versa laga but always fed well and always had a bag of
junior o about to beef it up when needed ....I never send ybs to a race hungry ,never raced to the tin

Don't do like I do Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & buy the cheapest mix you can Smile Smile . $11 a bag down here & it's utter crap lol! lol! lol! as my birds only flew 5 hours today here on it & my big plans Wink Wink for a toss went out the door "Big time" bounce bounce  waiting for them all to come in. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:12 am

their is a el cheapo mix oz that may be up your street here lol! but on close inspection the broken bits of maize are mouldy and quite a few peas had weevil holes so not for me ,I hope your mix is a better one nothing wrong with el cheapo as long as its clean and been well stored Cool
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:12 am

oldstrain wrote:
their is a el cheapo mix oz that may be up your street here lol! but on close inspection the broken bits of maize are mouldy and quite a few peas had weevil holes so not for me ,I hope your mix is a better one nothing wrong with el cheapo as long as its clean and been well stored Cool

Our el cheapo mix Smile Smile has been passed by one of the guru's here O/S as being A OK bounce bounce but you have to be quick to get it etc as it disappear's pretty damm quick. But then !!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes when you have blokes buying it in 80 bag lots etc what wouldn't Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Knackered you must of got that Bag that was ment for the Horse Trainer down your way ;with some Elephant Juice in it ?????? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:08 am

killer wrote:
Knackered you must of got that Bag that was ment for the Horse Trainer down your way ;with some Elephant Juice in it ?????? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Basketball

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm OK, tho I would sooner go for the elphant juice Wink Wink etc than the possum/rabbit trick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that the greyhound boys use down here to fire up there dogs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 am

Have you ever tried to sneek into the zoo at night & try & Milk an Elephant to get the stuff ???? lol! lol! lol! you need a Big Bucket a Tea Cup is too small & you get the Golden Spray instead ? affraid lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:06 am

Simple answer to this one if you want to win and get them flying, then light mix 50% barley, if you don't care about winning feed heavy.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am

my ybs wernt flying last season, so I put them on bamfords depurative for a week and they soon started to fly.......I then put them on Gerry plus and they were flying good.

I agree with martyn, too heavy a mix and they wont fly, I also learnt barley is very under rated.....
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Gerry  plus.
when thy start to race.
some might not agree to what we do next. but the young birds get one ounce.
and no more. till we go down to 15o miles then we increase to one and a half.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

sounds good to me stormy gery plus is excellent and very light. Spot on mate.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:16 pm

what sort of distance are you racing out to on Gerry plus lads and would you add anything to it if it were a hard race over 200 mile or more
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 pm

energy plus.
last 2 days
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:40 pm

stormqueen wrote:
energy plus.
last 2 days

I see so extra protein and fats last 2 days ...thanks for your reply as they say many roads lead to rome atb
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:42 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:45 pm

when you first posted It sounded like that was all you fed I did wonder cheers cheers cheers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 pm

only give them energy plus.
when thy are out to 150 miles.
Gerry plus till then.
only the last 2 races in our young bird program
do I give them energy plus.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:49 pm

fat y/b wont fly nore will any pigeon feeding depends on the system you fly ie dark natural
if dark remember you are messing with nature forcing a bird to moult within weeks of being born
so you must feed acordingley you can expect dark pigeons to moult and fly its to much
the way i see it now and im on a new system reguarding feeding and excersise we only let our birds out in the morning always 8am weather permitting they do what they want and most of the time they fly for 30 mins no more once in there fed a full meal of redband homoform and a strong y/b mix

at the night time they are ready again for food around 4pm they are fed barley only these by the way are darkness pigeons the reason we feed barley at night is becuse they wont over eat hence they will take what they want and no more but they dont go to bed on a heavey belly so to speak from what ive seen and read y/b sickness 9 out of ten starts in the morning ie wont fly dont wana go out and not hungry its rear if ever you see y/b sick in the day the corn you fine is mostley when you open up in the morning so now we dont feed anything other than barley at night

once of the dark we will go 50 /50 morning and night they will fly longer when ready there is no rush as for mixs i think to many now read far to deep into whats on sale some breed and wean ive sean of late with top branded names would just about keep sparrows going
same with most others they claim this that and the other so would i if ya was lining my pockets but is it what they want you cant rear srtong babies on bread and wean its piss weak get some real food in um let um grow and bones be strong then adjust to make them what you want them to be

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:26 pm

killer wrote:
Have you ever tried to sneek into the zoo at night & try & Milk an Elephant to get the stuff ???? lol! lol! lol! you need a Big Bucket a Tea Cup is too small & you get the Golden Spray instead ? affraid lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! I do worry some times Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes here Smile Smile. The culture etc ??? that some wish to pass on bounce bounce with their wisdom, leaves much to ponder over or thought Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:01 am

birdy2011 wrote:
fat  y/b wont fly nore will any pigeon feeding depends on the system you fly ie dark natural
if dark remember you are messing with nature forcing a bird to moult within weeks of being born
so you must feed acordingley  you can expect dark pigeons to moult and fly its to much
the way i see it now and im on a new system reguarding feeding and  excersise we only let our birds out in the morning always  8am weather permitting they do what they want and most of the time they fly for 30 mins no more once in there fed a full meal  of redband homoform and a strong y/b mix

at the night time they are ready again for food around 4pm they are fed barley only these by the way are darkness pigeons the reason we feed barley at night is becuse  they wont over eat hence they will take what they want and no more but they dont go to bed on a heavey belly so to speak from what ive seen and read y/b sickness 9 out of ten starts in the morning ie wont fly dont wana go out and not hungry its rear if ever you see y/b sick in the day the corn you fine is mostley when you open up in the morning so now we dont feed anything other than barley at night

once of the dark we will go 50 /50 morning and night  they will fly longer when ready there is no rush as for mixs i think to many now read far to deep into whats on sale some breed and wean ive sean of late with top branded names would just about keep sparrows going
same  with most others they claim this that and the other so would i if ya was lining my pockets but is it what they want you cant rear srtong babies on bread and wean its  piss weak get some real food in um let um grow and  bones be strong then adjust  to make them what you want them to be

Good read G Smile Smile again. Especially the last few para graph's etc. Us pigeon flyers  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes really do try at times to make things so much harder for ourselves, than is required I suspect. cheers

Last edited by Knackered on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:38 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Simple answer to this one if you want to win and get them flying, then light mix 50% barley, if you don't care about winning feed heavy.

Spot on Martyn
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:53 am

birdy2011 wrote:
fat  y/b wont fly nore will any pigeon feeding depends on the system you fly ie dark natural
so you must feed acordingley  you can expect dark pigeons to moult and fly its to much
the way i see it now and im on a new system reguarding feeding and  excersise we only let our birds out in the morning always  8am weather permitting they do what they want and most of the time they fly for 30 mins no more once in there fed a full meal  of redband homoform and a strong y/b mix

at the night time they are ready again for food around 4pm they are fed barley only these by the way are darkness pigeons the reason we feed barley at night is becuse  they wont over eat hence they will take what they want and no more but they dont go to bed on a heavey belly so to speak from what ive seen and read y/b sickness 9 out of ten starts in the morning ie wont fly dont wana go out and not hungry its rear if ever you see y/b sick in the day the corn you fine is mostley when you open up in the morning so now we dont feed anything other than barley at night

once of the dark we will go 50 /50 morning and night  they will fly longer when ready there is no rush as for mixs i think to many now read far to deep into whats on sale some breed and wean ive sean of late with top branded names would just about keep sparrows going
same  with most others they claim this that and the other so would i if ya was lining my pockets but is it what they want you cant rear srtong babies on bread and wean its  piss weak get some real food in um let um grow and  bones be strong then adjust  to make them what you want them to be

Great read G your right with the feeding your youngsters loads but that's the problem for most fanciers they don't want to feed there youngsters to little as they want them to grow and mature right.

for me its about getting the balance right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeding young birds   feeding young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

feeding young birds
Page 1 of 1