Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
How long did it take Emptyby David Today at 4:41 pm

» Weather today
How long did it take Emptyby David Today at 4:41 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
How long did it take Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
How long did it take Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
How long did it take Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
How long did it take Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
How long did it take Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
How long did it take Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
How long did it take Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How long did it take 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 101 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 98 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How long did it take Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How long did it take Vote_lcapHow long did it take Voting_barHow long did it take Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How long did it take Vote_lcapHow long did it take Voting_barHow long did it take Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222674 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How long did it take Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How long did it take Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How long did it take

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

How long did it take Empty
PostSubject: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:10 pm

How long did it take to get your first win and whats the details
Mine was a cw yb hen bred from a belg Stragg I got given.she won the club easily and should have topped the fed.surprise surprise we had a bad trap haha.we could.nt get her in .that was I think 3 years from my first race
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:29 pm

I think about 7 years for me , and I nearly did not win that one , it was a fellow member insisted I clocked it in , the bird had been home at least 1 and a half hours from a 400 miler , I thought it was too late ,it turned out to be the only bird on the day lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Excellent
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:41 pm

I was 2nd club 10th Castleford fed 15th G.Y.A. back in 1972 with a 9 month old late bred carrying 4 nest flights from Clermont same bird was 3rd club 15th Castleford fed 52 G.Y.A. two weeks later ,from melun .
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:45 pm

We joined our current club in 1989 and won a wednesday Club in 1990, had a couple of 2nds, 3rds for a couple of years after that but 1990 is the 1st and only time, still loving it all these years later, still trying, maybe 2017 lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:49 pm

a good while back I sent 2 hens to nevers 507 miles ,mother and daughter there were no day birds I clocked them both on the second day in the afternoon , they proved to be only 2 birds in race time , them were the days they are still talked about to this day cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 am

edgie wrote:
a good while back I sent 2 hens to nevers 507 miles ,mother and daughter there were no day birds I clocked them both on the second day in the afternoon , they proved to be only 2 birds in race time , them were  the days they are still talked about to this day cheers

Quality Boss cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 am

I won my first race in 1980 a Young Bird race with a Red Cock from Weymouth  133 Miles 756 Yards

That was when I was in partnership with my dad flying as T Webb and Son at the Tipton and District HS

The next race we won was from Sartilly 260+ miles in 1990 10 Years after my first win with a yearling Chequer Cock

But this was in a club with 100 members with on average between 70/85 members sending every week up to 800 birds a week in land and 500 birds to the channel

The money was also big as well and this was a club with a 3/4 mile radius
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 am

In answer to Ray's question, my wife and I started racing pigeons in 2002.

We joined our first club around end of February 2002 and were given a few birds to start with from other club members.  Plus we bought a '6 pack' from Louella, which turned out to be the worst pigeons we have ever had.

We started racing the young bird season in 2002 with the birds we had been given.

We jumped our birds straight in to Exeter - 94 miles.  We were 2nd Club. 

Our next race was from West Bay on the 6th July - 74 miles - we were 4th Club.

The following week the Club was at Wincanton - we were 1st, 2nd and 4th Club.  The week after that we were 1st, 3rd and 4th Club.

But it took us until the 21st September 2002 to top the Fed.  It was the Federation's Young Bird Championship from Picauville, France - 169 miles to us.

There were only 3 birds clocked in race time and we had two of them.

We ended the year with Eight Firsts and One Fed First.

So in a nutshell, it took us three weeks to win our first race.  The following year was even better.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long did it take   How long did it take Empty

Back to top Go down

How long did it take
Page 1 of 1