Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Vote_lcapBest Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Voting_barBest Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Vote_rcap 
David
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Vote_lcapBest Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Voting_barBest Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
Boosey
edgie
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Empty
PostSubject: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:23 pm

what do member use, or what do they think are the best treatments to give for worms, canker and cocci......and also is this tablet or in the drinking water...?
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

There is plenty of products out there some work some work better depends what you can afford and what you can get your hands on
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 6:01 pm

I use Harkers 3 in 1 in tablet form since I started up again before pairing and before racing as a preventative, it's quite dear but I've had no problems so far.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 6:54 pm

moxidectin for worms baycox for cocci and belgaroni for canker ,try and alternate cankers treatments
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:02 pm

oldstrain wrote:
moxidectin for worms baycox for cocci and belgaroni for canker ,try and alternate cankers treatments
only change to u Darren is I use tricho green for canker and flagyl sean
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 pm

its easyer to treat a large flock by putting in the water
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:16 pm

I prefer to treat in the water, ive used tablets in the past which I think are very good...but its very time consuming if you have a lot of birds, that's why I prefer something in the water.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 pm

I like to treat in the water for worms I use moxidectin and canker emtriyl and cocci gambakokzid which also treats for canker
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:58 pm

ive used the moxidectin in the water mark, and it was very good, ive also used the easifen tablets which were also very good, it was like an explosion in a spaghetti factory...but its a pain having to give every bird one if you've a lot of birds.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Yes dave that's the reason I like to treat in the water its a pain having to handle each bird
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

yes, plus you need to remember which bird has had one or not......I wrote each one down as I gave it a tablet...a lengthy job it was.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah it's easy for me with tablets as I've only got a small team.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 8:23 pm

I think I prefer the tablets boosey, then you know everyone has had one, but in the water is easier when you have a lot of birds...I think I need rid of half of them.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:37 am

Done the tablets once they were huge and got stuck in their throat. We had to lubricate them first..never again lol, will stick to putting stuff in the water
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 am

best to dip the tablets in a bit of olive oil first some of the worm tablets have a plastic type coating ...tablets are good for birds returning after some time away or a new arrival or a bird that looks a bit off they save treating the whole flock
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 am

That's true darren that's what we have kept them for that reason
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:58 am

just a thought if you use garlic in the water it keeps the worms at bay , and if you use cider vinegar and or lemon juice in the water these mild acids help keep canker away that's all the ammunition we had years ago and it still works and is cheaper and natural cheers
Back to top Go down
miguelharrison
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Coccidia Treatment

Coccidia should always be suspected where loose droppings appear, particularly in young birds or following wet periods or heavy training. Diagnosis is through faecal examination under a microscope. The best drug to use is Toltrazuril Coccidiocide Solution, which acts entirely within the bowel. It does not interfere with race form and can therefore be safely used during racing. It can also be used safely during breeding and moulting. The dose is 1 ml per 2 litres of water for 2 - 3 days. Avoid medicating if you believe your birds do not have coccidiosis.

Worms Treatment

Moxidectin (2 mg/ml) is a clear fully water-soluble liquid that, when diluted in the drinking water, is readily taken by the birds. The dose is 5 ml per 1 litre of water for 24 hours. It has a wide safety margin and is perfectly safe to use during racing, breeding and, in particular, moulting. Moxidectin does not cause nausea and vomiting as many older worming preparations do and so the birds can be fed and loft flown quite normally.

Canker Treatment

In any canker-control program, it is often best to rotate between at least two of these medications in order to decrease the chance of a resistant trichomonad strain developing. Currently, ronidazole-based preparations are used as the primary treatment because of their effectiveness and wide safety margin, but it is a good idea to swap to one of the other available drugs every third or fourth treatment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepigeonguy.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?   Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Treatments for Worms, Canker and Cocci...?
Page 1 of 1