Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
the start of Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
the start of Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
the start of Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
the start of Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
the start of Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
the start of Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
the start of Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
the start of Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
the start of Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) the start of 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 81 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.the start of Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
the start of Vote_lcapthe start of Voting_barthe start of Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
the start of Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
the start of Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

the start of

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

the start of Empty
PostSubject: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Intro to my novel
Feed back welcomed. Good, bad, or indifferent. even cruel to be kind lol  Wink

The Trip Down

A story of life, times, and truths. Some funny, yet often with much sadness. Regards a family of outcasts due to circumstances beyond their' control. Evacuated from war-torn London, to a hostile market town, Thornton! Simon, nicknamed Ripple, born September 16th 1947. was an outcast of that family.
  In reality, an outcast of outcasts.

Mavis Willmott, in May 1941, with more than a little tribulation, left Forest Hill, London; and the bombing Blitz, to live in the countryside of Thornton. Sadness leaving family and friends of the highest degree. Trying to suppress anxieties, suffering from high stress. Twice in the vicinity of homes bombed. Many houses in the streets were wholly flattened. Mavis, next door to a house one time. Actually in a house blasted and destroyed another time.*

Natalie, her youngest daughter aged three, had suffered a temporary loss of sight. Resulting from a psychological disturbance. Caused by extreme emotion and stress — being buried alive under bomb debris for nine hours. Her eyesight, fortunately, fully recovered after seven weeks.

Thornton in essence was no more than a large village. Boasting a population of around 1,700. Surrounded by several villages and many communities of the countryside.
 A  'Royal Charter Market Town', granted by King John in 1202. A princely sum of two palfreys horses; was given as payment by the Baron De Bassy.
The Palfrey being the most expensive, and highly-bred types of a riding horse, during the Middle Ages. Sometimes they equalled the knight's Destrier in price. Consequently popular with nobles, especially their' ladies, and highly-ranked knights for riding and hunting, or ceremonial use. Hence De Bassy, the De Veres and Mountford's were, to say in the least, held in high esteem and close friendship with King John.

Natalie arrived at Thornton with her mum. Her shoulder-length auburn  hair adorned a pretty face. The sprinkling of freckles, not unlike her mothers, gave a fresh, babyish look. Dressed all in grey, high socks met  with a pleated skirt. A cardigan, over clean shirt, made her uni-formally neat and tidy.

Mavis often spoke, with mixed feelings regarding that day, when first coming to Thornton. Indeed would reminisce how everything seemed so wonderfully bright and beautiful. Giving an impression there was no war at all. Indeed, the countryside was expressive of the heart-warming trip to Thornton.
 It had enhanced glorious feelings of relief. Filling her heart with hope, of well being. Above all, a joy of safety. strengthening her resolve to be away from those terrible bombings. Believing it would be a short time till war's end. Then able to return to London. To her family and friends.
Mavis related how easily the 'Super D' steam engine, pulled thirteen trucks of iron ore, along with five-passenger carriages. It's chugging beneath a splendid viaduct. Another viaduct spreading over two arms of the river Thorn.
      Thick bluesy/black smoke belched upwards to mingle with lighter shades of greys. Curling, twisting, rising freely to evaporate into blue skies. Skies adorned by decorative Cumulus clouds, like  blooms of white cotton. Beneath, Jackdaws and Rooks milled like black kites; their' sharp Kwi – klax chitterlings piercing fresh, crisp air. Below, in gentle breeze, flowers danced. Necks arched asides rippling stream. Glistening in rays of the life-giving sun. Carpets of colour breezily waved within a serene sojourn of beauty. Vivid flowers like Blue Germander, Speedwell and Herb Bennett's. Along side of white 'Sheep Sorrels' blending delightfully with white 'Corn Chamomile' daisy's. All adorned by golden buttercups. A majestic beauty, standing proudly among assorted drifts of the red 'Ragged Robin' in nets of splendour. Glorious flowers speaking the language of love so expressively. 'How patriotic', mused Mavis, 'The red, white and blues of Britain, dancing on England's' pastures green with a sprinkling of gold'.
    Upwards the train climbed between steep banks with a covering  of brier blossoms. The shaded blackthorns, and glorious cherry to flatten out as the train stopped at Hill St. Station Thornton!

Mavis oft related how mistaken dreams became a horrid nightmare of hatred. Arriving at the platform, Mavis, dragged the light coloured tan tin trunk to the carriage doorway.
She espied Sid Green, the porter throwing mailbags into the guard's box when noticing Mavis beckoning.  

*Appendage 01: Wars and warning of things to come:
Finishing, Sid ambled towards Mavis, touching his cap. Stoutly built was he in his mid-thirties. A thick curly crop of brown hair, parted over a pox-marked face, of reddish complexion. Cold grey eyes pierced from under heavy eyebrows. Likewise a flattened and broken nose. The open mouth, lopsided and twisted, showed yellow nicotine stains on jagged, or broken teeth.

Sid espied a slim beauty, barely eight stones, about twenty-eight years of age. The navy blue suit, well worn, was a mite oversized, draping a well-confirmed figure.
Dark grey the hat sitting aside her head, held by a hat pin. Beneath waves of jet black hair flowed, to adorn the fresh freckled face. Brown blocked heels shoes worn without any stockings.
No make - up was in use, nor needed to enhance such beauty. White teeth between full lips formed a pleasant smile. Expressive dark eyes, like black pearls, bright and warm, smiled at Sid. Commanding his attention for the briefest of moments. Sid inwardly purred to himself 'My oh my, she's certainly a good looker' to take the trunk aside the office. Mavis tipped him a three-penny piece.

Going outside the station, upon seeing a horse and cart, Mavis got a cheery wave and a 'Good Morning' from a smiling Dave Shepard. 'Do you need a hand' he asked cheerfully? Mavis replying 'Yes'.

Last edited by Daz on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Could have many twists and turns Daz.

A good foundation with enough characters to play with, and no doubt more could come.

Nice start.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Have done about 7 chapters. About a third of the way through I guess.
then of course sister stories to cpmplement. Keeps me busy lol Wink
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 8:15 pm

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Russian-Hal-Hickton/dp/1481014935 and Tusks to Tamils plus another one I wrote many years ago. Way back when.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 9:30 pm

halcanada81 wrote:
https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Russian-Hal-Hickton/dp/1481014935 and Tusks to Tamils plus another one I wrote many years ago. Way back when.
Smile Smile Credit to you & Daz etc Hal Smile Smile I say, for having a bash as such type of thing Wink Wink. Your reviews there Very Happy Very Happy  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes brought back fond memories of my Jules Gallez's books on pigeons I still have down here bounce bounce as he also had no spell check back then it appears lol! lol! lol! to get his message across in the proper manner/way also Wink Wink. End of the day thou, it all mattered little to me here at the time as I still found them all a wealth of knowledge & common sense come the end of the day fortunately, on average. cheers & take care
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 pm

Often said that there is a good book in everyones capabilities.

Unfortunately they are wrong in my case would not know where to start.

Good job there are those that can my wife reads hundreds as does many of her friends who exchange etc;

When young I could not put a book down until I had finished reading it.

Never read one other than the best book ever written and others pigeon related for years.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 11:18 pm

MISTY wrote:
Often said that there is a good book in everyones capabilities.

Unfortunately they are wrong in my case would not know where to start.

Good job there are those that can my wife reads hundreds as does many of  her friends who exchange etc;

When young I could not put a book down until I had finished reading it.

Never read one other than the best book ever written and others  pigeon related for years.

Regards.
With my book Misty Wink Wink you would require the best of code breaker types I suggest Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & even that wouldn't help I'm affraid Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I suspect. Put a pen in my hand here now bounce bounce & I sadly enter a strange world of total confusion, trying to understand what I'm actually attempting to write about most times here even on a good day now Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Knackered wrote:
halcanada81 wrote:
Smile Smile Credit to you & Daz etc Hal Smile Smile I say, for having a bash as such type of thing Wink Wink. Your reviews there Very Happy Very Happy  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes brought back fond memories of my Jules Gallez's books on pigeons I still have down here bounce bounce as he also had no spell check back then it appears lol! lol! lol! to get his message across in the proper manner/way also Wink Wink. End of the day thou, it all mattered little to me here at the time as I still found them all a wealth of knowledge & common sense come the end of the day fortunately, on average. cheers & take care
Never read a review. I refused to pay for publishing the 3 of them. So did not know what happened to them. Do not really care. Was a diversion to write at that time. Never kept a copy etc,. Done and long forgotten. Just checked Google ater reading the post from Daz. Surprised!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Having a go at anything out of ones real limitations is a real challenge and the ratings were not too bad Hal.

If I were to attempt to write a book (way out of my abilities) I would call it, How Man Ruined The World.

Trouble is there would not be enough paper to facilitate it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the start of Empty
PostSubject: Re: the start of   the start of Empty

Back to top Go down

the start of
Page 1 of 1