Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
fed up , new start  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:58 am

» Good Morning
fed up , new start  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:57 am

» Weather today
fed up , new start  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
fed up , new start  Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:51 am

» good luck weekend
fed up , new start  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
fed up , new start  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
fed up , new start  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
fed up , new start  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
fed up , new start  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) fed up , new start  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.fed up , new start  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
fed up , new start  Vote_lcapfed up , new start  Voting_barfed up , new start  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
fed up , new start  Vote_lcapfed up , new start  Voting_barfed up , new start  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222586 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
fed up , new start  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
fed up , new start  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

fed up , new start

Go down 
+2
steve1952
kev d
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

fed up , new start  Empty
PostSubject: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm

hi all , these past few months i haven,t realy had the pigeon bug just going through the motions if you no what i mean , so ive decided to have a short break from it all and im going to pull my loft down and start all over again new loft and new birds i might just keep a few back and keep them in my garden shed till every thing is ready . ive been put on short time at work have been for a couple of months now so just at the moment im not feeling that chipper so i think the break might do me good and the wife and kids will see more of me . any how enough of me cheers every one .
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 pm

best of luck kev, hope work picks up and new start is the start of better things mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:59 pm

hi kev, sorry to hear youve lost interest in them for the time being............i go through this myself often and think just the same as you, but then after a while i change my mind again............when you say new loft/new birds is it because youre not happy with the way they are racing/performing that youve lost interest ? maybe your right and the short break will rekindle your interest so hope all goes well for you and look forward to you still coming on site........good luck with whatever you decide. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

a lot of it is down to to losing to many good birds one moment im clocking them in from the nationals
and the following season there going down at 70 plus miles , i sent two to the saintes national ok i was late but i got them both a few days later one off the birds just vanished in to thin air probably hawk attack ive lost all my pigeons this season what flew the nationals last season most of them from less than 80 miles is it hawks i don,t know i know the birds are healthy had them tested but i just can,t keep on losing good birds like this it might be cos ive been racing them down the south west route which is hawk infested so i might stop that and go back to what i was doing before and just private train them . ive got plenty of time to think it over to what im going to do i wount stop coming on here by the way i work at a local builders merchents so the wood wount be a problem very cheap and it will be done in stages to spread the cost .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 pm

must be heartbreaking and anouying when you loose good birds like that, especially when its a good chance it could be down to hawks/bops etc...........i read every week in the R.P. and B.H.W. about fanciers having to pack in because every time they let the birds out hawks are taking them, maybe a change of route like you say might lessen the amount of losses.....?
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 pm

losing good birds to hawks and so on is why i wouldnt race my birds.i know how it feels to see one of the good onesw just going missing.i know it takes a lot of time to get racing pigeons the training needed so maybe you could take up a fancy pigeon.or maybe some perforning rollers,they are good to watch spinning 20-30 feet at a time.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 pm

used to have some rollers when i was a kid way way back all good fun
but having rollers down here i think would be to crule on them they would be just sitting targets
at least the racers have a slight chance of escape if there quick enough .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:03 pm

got home from work at tea time went down the birds and sitting on the loft
was the hen that went missing over a week ago so a bit happier to day
she as a broken flight but other than that she ok .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:21 pm

glad shes come home kev, just shows what a difference it can make to how your feeling about them when you get something good happen for a change........think the best thing is dont force yourself to like them, ive tried it and it doesnt work......if it isnt there you cant put it where it isnt, so just relax and enjoy them with no pressure, youll come round to liking them again im sure. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:51 pm

yes mate if you have these preditors on your doorstep then the rollers are sitting targets.the very same happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am

Very Happy
Its always sad to hear of people packing it in, but when they so clearly still want birds and forced to stop cause of this recession makes it more sad. GOOD LUCK ..and when you want to restart I for one would give you some babies from the best... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy
Its always sad to hear of people packing it in, but when they so clearly still want birds and forced to stop cause of this recession makes it more sad. GOOD LUCK ..and when you want to restart I for one would give you some babies from the best... cheers

same here mate always willing to help where and when i can
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 pm

thanks for comments guys that,s a realy nice offer very kind of you
it,s a combination of things realy but what realy toped it off for me was
a thread on pigeon chat about tarbes whatchers if you can go on there read my threads
and tell me if there is any thing on my thread to up set any one , when you read what i said about the UNC
im sorry i did not mean it i was so angry i just wanted them feel how i felt when they started to attack me for saying what i said .thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fed up , new start    fed up , new start  Empty

Back to top Go down

fed up , new start
Page 1 of 1