Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 83 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Vote_lcapTrouble with Foxes - Page 4 Voting_barTrouble with Foxes - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Vote_lcapTrouble with Foxes - Page 4 Voting_barTrouble with Foxes - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Trouble with Foxes

Go down 
+6
markevans
halcanada81
David
barnie
oldstrain
Boosey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Yes David, had a few run in with Bobby Saville, nice bloke, good job he was a friend of my dad or I would be still in SING SING.

On a more serious note, when a youth became a real problem they were dealt with in a manner they never wanted repeated.

Believe cat o ninetails and birch not a very pleasant experience.

Today just the opposite, mollycoddled and given new identities, best education, no wonder some take up crime as an employment.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm

eard the tales, 50-60 years ago and a few times, of some who had the Birch.
The consensus is that they still went out and poached rabbits etc. Knowing full well they would, if caught, be birched again. So sadly it wasn't a deterrent!

However, two authentic and real truths were never brought to mind. A. Their family and kids were hungry, and they were on the bread line.
B. They were robbing and burglarising homes. They were not stealing for fun and Joyriding, wrecking others cars.
Still, a sociality of respect was for them too—only poached for a necessity, mostly under greedy and a heartless Tory government's etc.

Indeed malnutrition was rife till the great Clement / Attlee government.
School dinners and free milk. The family allowance. The N.H.S. etc. etc. meant the working class could and would go and see a doctor. Instead of asking the chemist. As they didn't have the 1/6 shillings to pay him before the cost of going to the chemist. Yes, of course, it takes hardly a brain use to realise that the chemist was, though helpful ... but not in the same capacity at the Doctor's
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm

I had five siblings, my mum paid 1penny a week each to the Doctor and a shilling for Dad and Mother.

Do not know if it covered everything but I was well looked after when I had pneumania, and I can still remember the smell of the cayling poltices being boiled, put on a bandage and wrapped around my chest.

Was Easter and I had more Easter eggs from neighbours than ever since.

Time when neighbours were a God send at times.

MEMORIES. (are made of this) feel a song comming on.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Easter eggs eh!
We were asleep. Mum bought two large bars of Milk chocolate. boil the 5 eggs. Peel them and cover them in chocolate, Serve both. As an Easter egg and a breakfast. O, for the good old days eh.

1n early 60's would be at the cafe. Was 15 or so. Just after I'd started work and packed up the early the Sunday Paper round. Had been to a village dance somewhere and walk home. Some times slept in an haystack. Some times went for a swim in the river. Went to the dance from aged about thirteen.
Would hear tale sometimes of a car being nicked. 'I'd bet that is at Corby, or some place' was the cry. Police informed. By dinner time, always before tea time, the car had been found and back home. Youngsters, most likely, had used it as a way to get home. No damage whatsoever. Parked nice too.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Was only aware of two young people who were birtched in our area for what would now be almost overlooked.

Can assure you they never did anything to warrent same again.

This would be in the late fourties when they were teenagers.

Do not agree with corporal punishment but think today there is encouragement rather than deterant towards bad behaviour.

Many are better off in prison and have servants at hand who have to comply with the Human Rights whilst they completely ignore them.

Millions of hardworking class people have no where near the life of Old Riley many prisoners have.

There is no deterant whatsoever.

What beats me is why those living rough do not take up crime, IT PAYS.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Millions of hardworking class people have no where near the life of Old Riley many prisoners have.

There is no deterant whatsoever.

What beats me is why those living rough do not take up crime, IT PAYS.ve to agree with Misty here.
However, many try to get put away as it is said. only for the police to lock up over night , and warned and let go... Another not want cost to a governments that had no moral fibre.
Close down the prison... only 1 in seven rapists charged and released, and many of the I in seven- nigh all commit the same offence.

Just make sure the well to do have a well guarded Police patrol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Foxes   Trouble with Foxes - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Foxes
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4