Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
What is truth? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What is truth? Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What is truth? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What is truth? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What is truth? Vote_lcapWhat is truth? Voting_barWhat is truth? Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What is truth? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What is truth? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What is truth?

Go down 
+2
barnie
Daz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

What is truth? Some dictionary says
1. telling or expressing the truth; honest. - 'I think you're confusing being rude with being truthful'.
2. synonyms:
3. honest·sincere ·trustworthy ·genuine · meaning what one says · candid·frank·open·forthright·straight plain-spoken·upfront·on the level·on the up and up·round·free-spoken
(of artistic or literary representation) characterized by accuracy or realism; true to life.
"astonishingly truthful acting'.
synonyms:
Actual ·accurate; correct·true to life·factual· ·right·exact·faithful·reliable·veracious·verifiable·unvarnished·unembellished·unelaborated·veridical.
ADJECTIVE
If a person or their comments are truthful, they are honest and do not tell any lies.
Most religions teach you to be truthful.
We've all learnt to be reasonably truthful about our personal lives. (+about)
She could not give him a truthful answer.
Synonyms: honest, frank, candid, upfront [informal] More Synonyms of truthful
truthfully ADVERB [ADVERB with verb]
I answered all their questions truthfully (Honestly).
truthfulness UNCOUNTABLE NOUN
I can say, with absolute truthfulness, that I did not injure her.
Synonyms: honesty, truth, openness, sincerity and much more of course.

Yet, many may lie consistently. Some, if not most persons, will accept 'White lies', or even downright lies. Indeed will explain to sons or daughters, grand children, saying when hearing such a 'White lie', saying 'You know what he/she means! It doesn't matter, we know the truth', with a smile, nod and wink... Actually implying lies are acceptable.

We are taught untruths at school. Falsely or deliberately. Even at colleges and Universities, A lie in their exam papers is often needed to pass!
 School teachers teach many lies daily, knowing full well it's not true. Indeed often farcical.

For example, according to legend, Harold Godwinson was killed by an arrow in his eye may have been the product of historians writing generations afterwards.
 Harold's legend being hit in the eye Bayeux Tapestry depicts a soldier with an arrow near his eye, but the soldier does not appear to be wounded as he is standing up.

The lies and myths of Queen Elizabeth 1st are atrocious. Indeed astounding. Yet, Thatcher and Winston Churchill, both knowing the real facts, blatantly lied to serve a purpose.
We didn't 'Singe the King of Spain's beard. Rubbish! We got hammered and ran away with our tail between our legs.

Remember, also, that Philip 11 of Spain, was also King of England!
In 1554 on this day, Queen Mary I of England married Philip II of Spain. A match made by Mary's cousin (and Philip's father), Charles V. Though Philip was less-than-thrilled with this idea, he knew that it was a good match politically and that Mary had connections to Spain via her mother, Katherine of Aragon. Mary was married three times, with the last union eventually leading to her downfall. Francis II, King of France In 1558, Mary married Francis, the eldest son of French King Henry II and Catherine de Medicis. In 1559, Mary's husband was crowned Francis II, making Mary both the queen of Scotland and France's queen consort. Being a step below her. Once they were officially joined in matrimony, he was created "King of England." Of course, he still needed to run things by Mary before acting (which he wasn't pleased about), but they were, for all intents and purposes, joint rulers - and Mary was fine and okay with that. She was a traditional woman who believed that a wife should be obedient to her husband and that Philip should be given every respect and privilege that she was given as the monarch. Of course, some of this could have stemmed from her deep affection for him, but it is thought that after only a few months, it was clear to both parties that love was not the basis of their marriage. Though Mary did fall (and fall hard), she accepted that Philip did not feel the same way.
Phillip was very instrumental if getting Elizabeth crown. They were very friendly, and both thought a lot of each other. Plus he and Elizabeth would be a reasonable force in Europe.
So we get to the lies why the Armada? Religion? No! It was because Elizabeth sponsoring pirate ship and attacking and stealing great wealth from Spain and other countries.
It was the weather that actually beat the Armada. Elizabeth withheld the soldier's pay., causing 2/3rd to later be starved to death. The others suffering malnutrition and illnesses.

William Wallace! His father was a small land owner. had about 5 self. William was a rogue and scoundrel. Who spent time robbing and deceiving. Sentence to prison etc. so join the army.
Well as for the battle of Stirling Bridge he was there. Seems he may have come later and was at the back of the squabble... for this was 'Proud Edwards army, he was in Belgium fighting - maybe over pigeons lol, But a 'Peace Keeping force that controlled the borders to force back several hoard rustling the English stocks.
 However he was hung drawn and quartered in London.
As for his wife, Marion Braidfute, wife of William Wallace, was a fictional character concocted by medieval biographers. However, a study of contemporary historical records found no mention of any Braidfutes living in the area at the end of the 13th century. 'Dispelling the myth of Marion is important because we should try to get at the truth beyond the romance that surrounds Wallace'.
Indeed Wallace was never heard of until the 15 centenary, when 'Blind Harry' wrote about him and his supposed escapades. Blind Harry Henry the Minstrel, or 'Blind Harry' as he is more commonly known, was probably born into a noble family in Lothian. Much of what we know today about the Scottish hero William Wallace was written about 175 years after the events of his life by Harry.
Yet it warms our cockles hearing the Scottish sing about him before an international game of sport. If that fairy tale is the best thing to sing about, be proud of 800 years later, Then no wonder it goes down as a joke. sad as it is lol
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Old Sadam seemed to be telling the truth when he said he had no chemical weapons, at least they couldn't find any, not convinced he was truthful myself, but look what happened to him......
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:01 pm

barnie wrote:
Old Sadam seemed to be telling the truth when he said he had no chemical weapons, at least they couldn't find any, not convinced he was truthful myself, but look what happened to him......
Smile Smile Truth  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes can mean different things to different type people I suspect/suggest. Trump & the Republican party there in Yanky land somehow bounce bounce have tragically found a whole new meaning for it now Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:04 pm

I feel for Bill Clinton regards Monica ... He didn't have or know what sex is or was lol.
Saw an interesting - unchallenged- topic that he is regarded as raping over 200 women ... Hilary is peeved, finding it hard to to catch up lol.
Still with the 12 year olds I suspect lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:06 pm

I think the truth is provable and undeniable and that is the HONEST TRUTH.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:48 pm

unless a truth can be verified, its just an opinion or hearsay ..........facts are undesputable study
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Daz wrote:
I feel for Bill Clinton regards Monica ... He didn't have or know what sex is or was lol.
Saw an interesting - unchallenged- topic that he is regarded as raping over 200 women ... Hilary is peeved, finding it hard to to catch up lol.
Still with the 12 year olds I suspect lol.
lol! lol! lol! One of those typical classic type moments of honesty I suggest somehow Daz Smile Smile when Clinton the typical politician Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes totally lost his memory as such, with what actually went on under his desk in his office with poor little Monica Wink Wink Now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad just so happens our Prime minister down here is ducking & weaving all over the place at the moment talking the spin, with a rape case that apparently occurred in one of his top ministers offices back in 2019 of a 19 year old at the time & we are expected to believe he knew nothing & also heard absolutely nothing on the local grape vine & he is totally squeaky clean bounce bounce about the affair, even thou he had daily type meetings with the Minister who attempted to cover the whole sorry saga up at the time here.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 6:16 pm

There is no doubt the higher you go up the social ladder the mirkier matters get.

Our Prince Andrew is a present example.

If we were aware of the truth in many instances we would not sleep at night.

We only know about those from  high office who have been found  out  
and they could fill several books, and you can bet there are numerous others whose  actions although known by some have been covered up.

It's called life as humans have decided to live it.

The GOOD the BAD and the INDIFFERENT.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 am

MISTY wrote:
There is no doubt the higher you go up the social ladder the mirkier matters get.

Our Prince Andrew is a present example.

If we were aware of the truth in many instances we would not sleep at night.

We only know about those from  high office who have been found  out  
and they could fill several books, and you can bet there are numerous others whose  actions although known by some have been covered up.

It's called life as humans have decided to live it.

The GOOD the BAD and the INDIFFERENT.

Regards.
That's true Wink Wink THE GOOD the BAD & the INDIFFERENT etc Wink Wink Problem is these days Misty Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad it's the indifferent types  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes that are obsessed in taking control of everything I'm affraid. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Truth! the means of logic that one wants to be true and believed ... Whether or not is often irrelevant, and not needed I guess.
Indeed why lie then?
Isn't a lie- Down right or not- to conceal, or take away truth?

Last edited by Daz on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:55 pm

There has been an attempt and indeed some have suffered from the attempt to stifle any kind of decent or different opinions other than those of those who have entrenched themselves in our univercities.

No debates allowed where different opinions can be aired just the twisted views
of the idiots mainly who were  against Brexit.

Thankfully there is going to be laws against stifling different opinions.

Truth to them is unkown all they know is self.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:06 am

MISTY wrote:
There has been an attempt and indeed some have suffered from the attempt to stifle any kind of decent or different opinions other than those of those who have entrenched themselves in our univercities.

No debates allowed where different opinions can be aired just the twisted views
of the idiots mainly who were  against Brexit.

Thankfully there is going to be laws against stifling different opinions.

Truth to them is unkown all they know is self.

Regards.
Will leave the Brexit thing alone Misty Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes today here I saw an act by Facebook, which I could only describe as one bastard type act I'm affraid on 17 million locals because they are in a fight over money with our government here. Not only have they in some ways effected the 17 million odd I mentioned with their Facebook accounts, they also shut down/blocked deliberately health emergency type services like fire, hospitals, police & weather for their own self greed factor. Seen a lot of things in my time here Wink Wink & what they did here today bounce bounce is right up there with the worst of the worst I'm affraid when one considers what maybe could just have happened type of thing & when one also considers a worst case scenario type moment like bush fires or a similar local type disaster Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Very Happy Very Happy that's my little bitch for the day here Wink Wink anybody else  lol!  lol!  lol! got another one etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Tis a fact Knackered that although the internet is a marverlous invention and has numerous advantages of helpfulness it unforetunately is also open to abuse of  the most horrendous kind.

Needs tighter rules that are enforceable.

I do not think we are realy aware of it's full potential for good and bad.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:21 pm

MISTY wrote:
Tis a fact Knackered that although the internet is a marverlous invention and has numerous advantages of helpfulness it unforetunately is also open to abuse of  the most horrendous kind.

Needs tighter rules that are enforceable.

I do not think we are realy aware of it's full potential for good and bad.

Regards.
Seeing at first hand here etc Misty Smile Smile as I speak bounce bounce how the likes of the Internet/Facebook can be abused to the highest degree I'm affraid Time now for the world to wake up in some ways I suspect Wink Wink as certain types with power in that general area may attempt to appear to be squeaky clean, but the truth is by their recent actions they are a total disgrace of the highest type order to the general public on average from my perspective. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:34 am

two faced book has alot to answer for,it will try and brainwash you with its tripe ...is open to bullying,paedophilia,credit scams etc...a haven for lifes scum ,that is outrageous oz from the lefty/liberal so called do gooders and squeaky clean facebook crew ,mind you the platform has been happy to show all sorts of cruelty and be a platform for some very seedy groups it needs reigning in Rolling Eyes life is and will be more dependent on the internet as the older generations pass on ,the net can be a great asset but we have become to dependant on it to the detriment of normal/social life and theres no turning back i fear
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:48 am

the internet is a danger for weak minded people, some believe all they read and see.......best question everything we read, and verify its origins before we accept it as truth , tv and newspapers are just as misleading, use our own common sense, and try decifer the bull sh*t from truth . study cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:58 am

David wrote:
the internet is a danger for weak minded people, some believe all they read and see.......best question everything we read, and verify its origins before we accept it as truth , tv and newspapers are just as misleading, use our own common sense, and try decifer the bull sh*t from truth . study cheers cheers

Too right in many cases especially in current times David
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 11:35 am

David wrote:

exactly what one needs to do ,too many opinions now by weirdos and nutcases and people with their own agendas Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Apparently Facebook is in trouble and hopefully the legal action proposed will bring them to boot.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Have a lab landed  on Mars, soon have some real long distance racing.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is truth?   What is truth? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is truth?
Page 1 of 1