Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Covid strikes. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:52 pm

» Good Morning
Covid strikes. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:50 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Covid strikes. Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Covid strikes. Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Covid strikes. Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Covid strikes. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Covid strikes. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Covid strikes. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Covid strikes. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Covid strikes. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 125 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 123 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Covid strikes. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Covid strikes. Vote_lcapCovid strikes. Voting_barCovid strikes. Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222672 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Covid strikes. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Covid strikes. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Covid strikes.

Go down 
+2
barnie
Daz
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:02 pm

A great friend's wife died from Cvid last Thursday. Age 52!
Lynda, was Bob's second wife. He is 69.

I was best man at his wedding. Friends going back 54 years. I started him off as a singer. Being lead singer for a pop band which I co - run. Before I moved into the 'Big Band' sound. Which he also excelled singing with.
His second wife Lynda was also married before.

Now with Families, friend etc. no doubt visiting him etc. I oass on the sad words and said when convienent etc. Joyce and I will visit etc. But won't be going into the house, and we will be masked up ... as I always am where ever I fo. Even out side to plonk rubbish into the bin.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:22 pm

sorry to hear this Daz, it's now at the point where everyone seems to know a family member, friend, neighbour, workmate affected. It really is on the doorstep. Hopefully the vaccinations protect the majority.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:27 pm

sorry to hear this daz, its a nasty virus to have .........speaking from experience.

could i ask, judging by her age had she been given the covid vaccine , and also did she have any underlying health problems ?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm

I believe so. Both. But that hasn't come from Bob; I will let you know when.
We haven't spoken yet. I have texted Bob that Joyce and I will visit, or meet up when convenient, etc. But won't go into his home - nor anyone else for that matter. I haven't yet. I always wear a mask too/ Even to take any rubbish to the bin.
A good mate of mine, mate, who was also a great roofer. A scallywag for sure died in the April first year from it.

I have noticed, as you all must have, seen persons acting like it was 2019 etc. No masks or such.
Me! Not able to have a minor op. Doc says I would be most unwise to tempt fate!
I was thinking just a couple of days ago of doing a stand ack at his door too.
An ex-drummer was on the phone with me just recently. We agreed and also decided that we could meet in my back garden, being protective, of course.

MPs back challenge to Boris Johnson on vaccine passports
The Rolling Stones review, Los Angeles: How is it possible that they’re still…

The UK has recorded 45,140 new cases of COVID-19 and 57 virus-related deaths in the latest 24-hour period, government figures show.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 4:54 pm

thanks daz.will be interested to know .......i am trying to asses the covid situation from a neutral perspective, there is a lot of information out there which we need to look into to form a true opinion, some information is being manipulated, this is why we need to ask questions and not just believe all we read or told either way .

the latest figures on the news should, in my opinion, be broken down into groups.......and not simply lumped into one, for example, the covid death toll, did the people have 1 jab, 2 jabs, no jabs.......or how long after a jab were they ill .

its a worrying situation we are in, and with a government who arn`t fit to run the country .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 9:45 pm

Wish all those affected in any way condolences and a quik recovery.

As for the vacine millions of lives have been saved by vacines, had no one been willing to test them, millions would have died.

Still idiots acting as if nothing is happening.

Cannot compare now with when the problem started.

No one knows how many who died in the nursing homes actually died from the virus etc;

Big problem the idiots who think the virus will not bother them.

Regards.  
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 am

barnie wrote:
sorry to hear this Daz, it's now at the point where everyone seems to know a family member, friend, neighbour, workmate affected. It really is on the doorstep. Hopefully the vaccinations protect the majority.
The way I see things here Barnie, is the vaccine injection on average Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with safe guard the majority of the majority that are wise enough to have it in the end. Also, as the general injection rate increases those reluctant to have it will become more prone to the virus scenario & especially if the have other underlining health issues to combat for some reason. In a local sense here 90 odd % of those that found themselves unfortunately in our IC type Unit on a ventilator gasping for their last breath had not even bothered to have one shot so to speak & they were sadly well pass the stage of even being able to be given a shot for some sort of relief in their hour of need. Always had the view here  bounce  bounce when those rat back types on our roads these days cause damage/death they should spend time in a Morgue type scenario looking for repentance maybe because of the damage they cause to other unfortunate families by their stupidity & the non believer types with the virus issue should also spend time in an IC type unit to actually get the big picture over all of the harm this virus is actually doing to normal folk, who may just be their close neighbour maybe or even someone they may just have passed in the street type of thing at some stage Wink  Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 8:16 am

can't deny I feel a lot safer having had two vaccinations and the booster planned in next few months, especially now that hardly anyone is keeping their distance, sanitising hands or wearing masks in public.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 am

barnie wrote:
can't deny I feel a lot safer having had two vaccinations and the booster planned in next few months, especially now that hardly anyone is keeping their distance, sanitising hands or wearing masks in public.

i think this should be a normal thing which people should do anyway colin, basic cleanliness, washing hands etc, we shouldnt need telling to do this .....then again, the country / world is full of half whits one way or another eh .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 9:35 am

sorry to hear of the loss of your good freind daz,people have all but forgotten about covid in our labour run council ,festivals ,concerts and protests galore with no restrictions Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 am

A vote catcher! One that may well back fire, come next General Election!

Last edited by Daz on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:49 pm

I feel we owe a great sense of gratitude to the thousands who tested the merits and safety of the vacines in the first place.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:16 pm

A minister has refused to apologise 11 times for the government's handling of the coronavirus pandemic after a highly critical report by MPs said thousands of lives were lost due to delays and mistakes by both ministers and their scientific advisers.

Likewise, many other Tories are now stating the same. Thinking in terms of being the loveable rascal, his running to hide away every single time a crisis or such erupts, he flees. Likewise today. Petrol shortages. Shops are running out of food, and much more, he is off sunning himself abroad. If a Red country.

The first time Covid spouted, he disappeared. Then he went into Hospital supposedly with covid lol.
Yes, all the time makes unruly monetary gains. £100.000 for breakfast with Boris, lol.
Mates pay for holidays. Do his Flat up. We get isolated because of Covid whilst Stanley goes around Europe to look after his money investments... Cummings lol
Could write his memoirs ... People wouldn't believe it. It has to have been made up, lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 pm

boris is worthless, he is not fit to tie his shoe laces ..........yet he is not the bungling baffoon we think he is, he is a cold calculated psychopath like most in government.

they are paid to run the country, yet any crisis comes along they make a complete mess of handling it, they are unfit for purpose .

but whats the alternative, labour ...? No No No lol! lol! lol!

we havnt got a chance.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 5:59 pm

exactly david the best of a bad lot for me ,one could only imagine what labour would have done during the pandemic affraid affraid affraid all labour do these days is criticise and call the opposition scum ,not really the kind of outfit we want running the country eh Rolling Eyes what ever happened to the old labour values pale
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 6:52 pm

Think the main reason there cannot be a real clean out and a fresh start  is because there are too many Cummings waiting  in the wings and if theirs is clipped the whole sorry bag would collapse.

So they cover for each other on a daily basis.

That does not mean everything they do is wrong, just most.

No one knows all the facts regarding the virus from start to the present so it can only be conjecture as to rights and wrongs.

One thing is certain, if nothing had been done I dread to think of the consequences, and if all had adhered to the rules we would be  in a better place.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 8:16 pm

colin powell, america`s first black secretary of state dies due to covid 19 "complications".

he was double jabbed .

do we get the jab, dont we get the jab.......hobsons choice me thinks
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 pm

David wrote:
colin powell, america`s first black secretary of state dies due to covid 19 "complications".

he was double jabbed .

do we get the jab, dont we get the jab.......hobsons choice me thinks
Damned if you do, maybe Smile Smile & damned if you don't etc Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes type of thing I suggest now David Wink Wink News here this morning Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad talking about the requirement now to have a 3rd shot for safety sake, 6 months after the first one type of thing. If I wasn't so dumb here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I would have bought mega shares in those making the vaccines in the early days as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 11:39 pm

David wrote:
boris is worthless, he is not fit to tie his shoe laces ..........yet he is not the bungling baffoon we think he is, he is a cold calculated psychopath like most in government.

they are paid to run the country, yet any crisis comes along they make a complete mess of handling it, they are unfit for purpose .

but whats the alternative, labour ...?  No No No lol! lol! lol!

we havnt got a chance.
Migrate Smile Smile maybe etc David Wink Wink special laws here have just been passed recently Very Happy Very Happy Working Pom types bounce bounce most welcome now Wink Wink as long as one can put up with our flies, snakes & kangaroos lol! lol! lol! & our pathetic winging black fella types down here Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 am

Daz wrote:
A great friend's wife died from Cvid last Thursday. Age 52!
Lynda, was Bob's second wife. He is 69.

I was best man at his wedding. Friends going back 54 years. I started him off as a singer. Being lead singer for a pop band which I co - run. Before I moved into the 'Big Band' sound. Which he also excelled singing with.
His second wife Lynda was also married before.

Now with Families, friend etc. no doubt visiting him etc. I oass on the sad words and said when convienent etc. Joyce and I will visit etc. But won't be going into the house, and we will be masked up ... as I always am where ever I fo. Even out side to plonk rubbish into the bin.
My thoughts here are with you there etc Daz, terrible times as you say for close friends & family type of thing. Funeral side there could be interesting, maybe ???? as I gather many would just somehow love to attend & show their final respect I suspect. 10 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad tragically was the figure first given out here by our government of the day, when we made our final service arrangements for our daughter recently for her service here when she was unfortunately struck down by the virus issue. Hope in the end there now, when the time finely comes around there to show respect for those grieving the occasion, far more can somehow attend there hopefully than what the law here first allowed on the day for our daughters service because of the virus issue. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

but whats the alternative, labour ...?  No No No lol! lol! lol!

we havnt got a chance.
Migrate Smile Smile maybe etc David Wink Wink special laws here have just been passed recently Very Happy Very Happy Working Pom types bounce bounce most welcome now Wink Wink as long as one can put up with our flies, snakes & kangaroos lol! lol! lol! & our pathetic winging black fella types down here Smile Smile. cheers

that was the case years ago knackered, those wanting to emigrate to australia had to have a trade or a job to go to, to be allowed in........now by what i read etc it seems you are letting any tom, dick or harry in , just like we are here in the uk .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 am

My best school mate emingrated to Australia on , I think £10 scheme.

He ended up living in a compound and working down a gold mine, on his return to our shores he said the conditions were terrible.

Think things may have improved.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm

A newly detected coronavirus variant is on the rise in England, with the virus believed to be an offshoot of the Delta variant.

According to a briefing from the UK Health Security Agency, released on Friday, “a Delta sublineage newly designated as AY.4.2 is noted to be expanding in England”, with the body adding that the variant is being monitored and assessed.

The report states that in the week beginning 27 September – the last week for which complete sequencing data was available – AY.4.2 accounted for about 6% of sequenced coronavirus cases and is “on an increasing trajectory”.

AY.4.2 contains two mutations in its spike protein, called A222V and Y145H. The spike protein sits on the outside of the coronavirus and helps the virus to enter cells.

Means more holidays for Boris the Buffoon eh!
(Yes he isn't a buffon, But a cold heartedm uncaring selfish Tory. Of the highest kind.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 3:29 pm

regarding covid and vaccines i tend not to listen or take much notice of keyboard / facebook experts, i do like to listen to experts who deal with certain topics .......a while ago i read a report by a top virolagist who is an expert in his field, he said

"vaccines create variants"

could explain a lot ......... Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Think a virus is a clever little Devil David, will fight back when threatened.

Think the boffins have to get one step ahead very soon.

Maybe if China addmited if they did  cause the problem, it may help in solving it.

There has been many worse health threats throughout history when the present scientific information was lacking and it was dealt with by natural immuniity over a period of time.

If one had no faith one could think nature was indicating man has reached his usefullness and the earth should be left to the animals who at the present time have far better morals.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Covid strikes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid strikes.   Covid strikes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid strikes.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next