Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ambition in sport - Page 32 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ambition in sport - Page 32 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Vote_lcapAmbition in sport - Page 32 Voting_barAmbition in sport - Page 32 Vote_rcap 
David
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Vote_lcapAmbition in sport - Page 32 Voting_barAmbition in sport - Page 32 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ambition in sport - Page 32 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ambition in sport

Go down 
+2
MISTY
George & Morgan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Ambition in sport - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 9:59 pm

MISTY wrote:
Been attempting by by every means possible to find out the actual membership of the RPRA including wether they are flying members or not.

No chance.

The RPRA says 22,000 on the RPRA site but that is a load of bull.

The income from the subs on the latest balance sheet indicate less than 10,000. or 10,000 or more have not paid their subs.

Lost thousands of members over the past ten years or so.

Would be nice to have the facts, the subs income will have been verified by the independent auditors.

Regards.

I know Smile Smile a financial statement/audit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes can be rather daunting somewhat at times Misty Smile Smile but all should be their type thing I suggest, being in some ways a legal type document to a degree. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:32 pm

Just had a look into the two OLs I am following.

The American one set off with 6686 and after a couple of real 1 mile trainers are down to 5429.

The one where one of the fanciers entered 107 of 2347 are 900 down after a few
real testers within site of the loft.

The fancier who entered the 107 does not appear to be doing very well so far.

Early days have some really hard 1 milers to come me thinks.

What is apparent all OLs appear to lose a large percentage of pigeons that would not be lost if flown from their own loft in which they were bred.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 pm

MISTY wrote:

The American one set off with 6686 and after a couple of real 1 mile trainers are down to 5429.

real testers within site  of the loft.

What is apparent all OLs appear to lose a large percentage of pigeons that would not be lost if flown from their own loft in which they were bred.

Regards.

Amazing part  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes about one loft type races in general for me Wink Wink here. Is so many step forward, to run them bounce bounce these days & then show their utter incompetence factor with their general management skills there come race day. End of the day  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad cowboy type country  bounce  bounce no rules/regulations apply on the whole & most just do what they think they can get away in the end I suspect, with the poor pigeons there on average mostly being just a casualty factor of the whole unfortunate exercise. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 11:57 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

real testers within site  of the loft.

Think one problem Knackered is they have no idea what is actually involved in looking after and keeping healthy so many pigeons with probably every problem health wise suffered by some when going into the loft not to mention the difference in ages of some.

On face value, a calamity in the making.

Regards.

Regards.

Amazing part  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes about one loft type races in general for me Wink Wink here. Is so many step forward, to run them bounce bounce these days & then show their utter incompetence factor with their general management skills there come race day. End of the day  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad cowboy type country  bounce  bounce no rules/regulations apply on the whole & most just do what they think they can get away in the end I suspect, with the poor pigeons there on average mostly being just a casualty factor of the whole unfortunate exercise. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 6:05 pm

i think too many of these one lofts take in too many birds misty, they offer big prize money so therefore need to take in more birds to pay for it .....

less birds = less prize money, but they might get better training/management and racing .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm

just handled a 12 year old cock he did not look right what i found was some droppings on his back something i don't like to see on feathers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 9:32 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
just handled a 12 year old cock he did not look right what i found was some droppings on his back something i don't like to see on feathers
Could be coming to his use by date there etc George Smile Smile I'm  affraid could maybe though Wink Wink also just give him a bath as a Xmas present type thing & you have perhaps been worrying over nothing in the end. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:06 am

George & Morgan wrote:

Just how many pigeons have you at the present time George, new ones you have not mentioned previously keep cropping up ?.

If he did not look right George do not think the droppings had anything to do with it just wrong place at the wrong time, springs to mind.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:10 am

no misty he's starting to look his age
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:15 am

George & Morgan wrote:
no misty he's starting to look his age

Know the feeling George, no teeth, bald and skinny.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:16 am

no way to talk about your wife misty Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:23 am

George & Morgan wrote:
no way to talk about your wife misty Laughing Laughing

NO WONDER YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY KNOWING A HEN FROM A COCK GEORGE.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:26 am

winding u up misty
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:29 am

George & Morgan wrote:
winding u up misty

Believe me George you are on fruitless journey.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 10:18 am

Hope all have a great day, going to daughter in laws for dinner be pampered for a change.

Not one for parties though bangers and mash type.

Cheers.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 12:51 am

MISTY wrote:
Hope all have a great day, going to daughter in laws for dinner be pampered for a change.

Not  one for parties though bangers and mash type.

Cheers.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! Same, same Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes meat pie & sauce Wink Wink or a simple apple pie with cream bounce bounce Large size & I'm happy down here Misty Very Happy  Very Happy Now, back when Wink Wink my brother's wife invited my Joyce & myself round for tea for the first time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes rolled out the wine list being somewhat upper class as she was then & out to impress as such as we all sat beside their brand-new type pool with their new house attached type thing & also yuppy dog. Tone for the evening night out though went downhill real quick I'm affraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when my Joyce & myself said as one at the time bounce bounce do you somehow have such a thing as water as such to drink Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 10:47 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Not  one for parties though bangers and mash type.

Cheers.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! Same, same Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes meat pie & sauce Wink Wink or a simple apple pie with cream bounce bounce Large size & I'm happy down here Misty Very Happy  Very Happy Now, back when Wink Wink my brother's wife invited my Joyce & myself round for tea for the first time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes rolled out the wine list being somewhat upper class as she was then & out to impress as such as we all sat beside their brand-new type pool with their new house attached type thing & also yuppy dog. Tone for the evening night out though went downhill real quick I'm affraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when my Joyce & myself said as one at the time bounce bounce do you somehow have such a thing as water as such to drink Smile Smile. cheers

Never was one for alcohol Knackered, never touch it, seen too many lives ruined by miss use of, like a nice glass of any kind of fruit juice.

Had a nice meal at daughter in laws, had trifle instead of Christmas pudding and would have preferred a nice lamb chop to turkey but enjoyed it anyway.

Hope all had a good time.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 12:18 pm

2 early ybs same way bred as NFC yb national winner

Ambition in sport - Page 32 40681610
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Up to date Knackered on the two OLs.

The Florida one has lost 1294 of 6686 after several sorties, the other one 922 of 2347.

Looking at the difference in the numbers involved the Florida one appears to have a better system or better pigeons, cannot see how you can give 6686 pigeons an equal chance with the best will in the world.

The fancier who entered 107 in the 2347 one has pigeons moving up the ladder be interesting as things progress.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:05 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
2 early ybs same way bred as NFC yb national winner

Ambition in sport - Page 32 40681610

you've started early george .........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 12:39 am

MISTY wrote:
Up to date Knackered on the two OLs.

The Florida one has lost 1294 of 6686 after several sorties, the other one 922 of 2347.

Looking at the difference in the numbers involved the Florida one appears to have a better system or better pigeons, cannot see how you can give 6686 pigeons an equal chance with the best will in the world.

The fancier who entered 107 in the 2347 one has pigeons moving up the ladder be interesting as things progress.

Regards.      
In the big picture Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what's 2000 odd birds between friends etc Misty Wink Wink give them time Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & I will bet my house here Smile Smile another 2000 odd there will disappear also, unfortunately. Now Very Happy Very Happy not a complete/total abstainer down here bounce bounce truth be told, but could never somehow get into the wine caper I'm affraid Bit Very Happy Very Happy upper class from my perspective Wink Wink me being me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 1:59 pm

Belgium fancier just sold 77 ybs £21'000 each yes your reading it right
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 7:03 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
Belgium fancier just sold 77 ybs £21'000 each yes your reading it right

Could do with his address George to borrow a few bob.

Looking at the continental situation and past prices paid as well as the present think China plays a major part in paying stupid prices.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:09 am

Moray Firth olr winter race 157 mls 82 home from 239 had winter and summer birds in same race
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 3:36 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
Moray Firth olr  winter race 157 mls 82 home from 239 had winter and summer birds in same race

Is this the one George where the final was a fiasco, if so what idiot would enter again ?.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambition in sport   Ambition in sport - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambition in sport
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next