Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Today at 10:41 am

» Good Morning
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 122 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 122 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Vote_lcapFinding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Voting_barFinding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Vote_lcapFinding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Voting_barFinding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222605 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Finding a pigeon loft that is small?

Go down 
+8
AndyH912
barnie
birdy2011
racing novice
Knackered
David
sj lofts
jellams
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 pm

bloke on "pigeon chat" giving one away
Back to top Go down
jellams
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 pm

not apart of a pigeon club so cant register Sad 
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm

dont be too hasty at spending your brass, they will be plenty for sal this winter.cheers 
Back to top Go down
jellams
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 pm

What should i do with the lost pigeon i cant keep him in the dog kennel for a long time, or can i, this is the only reason why i am a little hasty??Neutral Neutral 
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 pm

he or she will be quite happy in the kennel, "now pigeon loft"cheers 
Back to top Go down
jellams
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Hahaha the last post has got me asking another question how do i know if its male or female?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 pm

jellams wrote:
What should i do with the lost pigeon i cant keep him in the dog kennel for a long time, or can i, this is the only reason why i am a little hasty??Neutral Neutral 
Jellams !!!!!!! You can actually Smile Smile keep it in a dog kennel etc, if it is of reasonable size & 1 or 2 pigeons would be quite happy there. What I would do just for the short term is lift it of the ground & bolt it to the side fence etc about 3/4 ft of the ground with a small entrance to go in & out which then could be shut at night & small enough so that a cat could not get in etc. A long way from what most of us have Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink here, but some times ??????? Wink Wink  small is good. Till one finds out where eventually one is going type of thing.
PS, One day lol! lol! lol! I may tell you about the barbecue pair, they are written into history here.
cheers 
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:57 pm

If you want him to stay, you can keep him in a rabbit hutch until you get your loft and find him a mate.
You can clip he's primary flights so that he cant fly out of your garden you need to make a ladder with a plank of wood so that he can get up and down from the hutch.
Don't let him out when your not there as predators will get him.
By the time he's moulted those flights and grown them back, you'll have a mate for him, he will 90% stay with you.
I've had many a stock bird given to me to try out over the years and this is the method I use, this way the fancier that's given you the bird will not get annoyed when it keeps flying back.
good luck
Back to top Go down
jellams
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 pm

How long will it take to grow them back?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 am

jellams wrote:
How long will it take to grow them back?
Depends !!!!! Smile Smile  on many things Jellams, at this stage which you may not understand etc. Light/darkness system, how many/which flights, feed, time of year etc & I could add more to the list. Simple terms thou, average flight takes about 4 weeks to grow & a complete moult takes 4/6 months to be completed when they get into the moult cycle. Never starve them thou when they do start etc as you will never achieve anything that way. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding a pigeon loft that is small?   Finding a pigeon loft that is small? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding a pigeon loft that is small?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2