Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 128 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 127 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

todays race melton mowbray

Go down 
+3
David
peel bros
IANYOUNG
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:38 am

Hi David

You should still be able to win again like before no worries prize table here i come
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:52 pm

its all about how dedicated to them and you will get results david bet you cant wait
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:11 pm

you have to keep trying and never give in like some do, like the old saying you only get out what you put in
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Ray

You are correct you do only get out what you put in but all roads don't lead to rome just keep trying and don't give up trying
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:08 pm

thanks all for the info, i know who the top flyers in my area are and i see one of thems birds exercising and i can tell they are in tip-top condition...i can tell when he has the w/hood cocks out and even when his ybs are out they are all well packed togeather and flying well, i can tell the difference compared to other locals. i have also noticed when i have been up at 6 in the morning he has his birds out flying so like you say dedication is what is needed.
i think my problem wont be that the birds may not be good enough to win but my management may not be good enough. i will need to get all my feeding sorted out and be better organised as i think im way too soft with them and sometimes it seems as tho ive very little control over them...when i think about what i need to do it seems like ill never get a good management system and routine, and i know this is whats needed....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:37 pm

As i have said it is just a matter of time
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:38 pm

takes years to build up a good race team david but you,ll get there in the end
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:21 pm

David, youre not alone, we will get there .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:01 pm

hi niel....havnt spoke for a while....you ok? hows the birds coming on and how long now to your racing starts?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi David

Just take your time my, friend who was and still is a good flyer it had taken him 30 years to get one of the best pigeons he ever raced

Must say he did not only have that one pigeon he has had several over the years and for me he is the best about and brilliant also

Just slow down a little mate you will get there in time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:25 pm

will the birds fall into a routine better when they are racing as they will be burning up the energy therefor eating and exercising better?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Yes mate its all about routine
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:48 pm

i found that last years ybs were execising and coming in great when i got my feeding right, they would go off for an hour and as soon as they landed i would just call them and without throwing any corn into the loft they would come straight in...then when i went for corn they didnt have the same stuff and after that they just went off form and didnt fly as well etc. is it possible it was the change of corn or was it something else?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:58 pm

David i wouldput it down to the change of corn you have been given a bad bag as they would say
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:11 am

they never seemed to get over this tho and after that have never been the same, but maybe it was my management as well that went down hill. what im planning on doing nex year when i race is go to crowthers in wakefield and get a few bags to try last a while so they are on the same corn.....i remember when we raced before that we would have bags of barley for breaking them down, widowhood mix and yb mix....as far as i can remember the yb mix had no, or very little maize in it so i will be trying to find some good corn mixes for when i start as the stuff im using now isnt up to much.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:28 am

As i have already said its just time mate will say if you do find corn that suits the birds then get the same amount in one go to last the season
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:14 pm

don do you break your pigeons down
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi Ian

If it has been a fast race then yes i would break them down but if it was a hard rac then i would break them down only a little

If you had a easy day at work and everyday was the same then you could miss a meal and have no after affects but if you work hard all day everyday then you can not afford to miss a meal

The same goes for the pigeons
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:13 am

yes see what your getting at, but surely it wont harm themto feed full corn all the time as long as they work it off
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Me and 3 clubmates , held a friendly toss competition today, 30 miles, lol!
and what a surprize they get , i took 1st to 18 th positions lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:28 pm

i bet your well pleased welldone
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanx ian, i lost a lot of birds, but i think i am left with aces.
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:59 pm

They hit form, i think. bounce
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:40 pm

you filter out the weekest left with the best
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:50 pm

well done niel... Very Happy youll be known as the top man round your area now... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

todays race melton mowbray
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next