Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
why dont members use the chat Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» Weather today
why dont members use the chat Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
why dont members use the chat Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
why dont members use the chat Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) why dont members use the chat 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.why dont members use the chat Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
why dont members use the chat Vote_lcapwhy dont members use the chat Voting_barwhy dont members use the chat Vote_rcap 
David
why dont members use the chat Vote_lcapwhy dont members use the chat Voting_barwhy dont members use the chat Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222604 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
why dont members use the chat Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
why dont members use the chat Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

why dont members use the chat

Go down 
+3
peel bros
Mick B
IANYOUNG
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

why dont members use the chat Empty
PostSubject: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm

seems to me that people tend to chat on the topics rather than the chat box why is this any thoughts
Back to top Go down
Mick B
Chipping
Chipping
Mick B

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:29 pm

ian wrote:
seems to me that people tend to chat on the topics rather than the chat box why is this any thoughts

ive found that not a lot of other sites have the live chat, and also that members are sometimes reluctant to use it and prefer to reply to topics, each to their own i say and as long as the forum is busy and running smoothly like i think this one is then all is ok.

mick.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 pm

it does,nt bother me either way
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm

just making a comment agree everyone to there own
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

true
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 pm

you see what iam getting at ray we are now chatting on the topics so we might as well be on the chat no difference
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:02 pm

yes i agree ,it should be a certain tpoic on here but anything on the chat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

peel bros wrote:
yes i agree ,it should be a certain tpoic on here but anything on the chat

its supposed to be ray, the thing is what we were saying last week about topics starting off about one thing and then changing to another..........using the live chat is quicker and easier for just a bit of banter but posting a reply to a topic means members can give a more in depth answer and explain there views better as the live chat only allows for a short answer........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:23 pm

so why does it happen people still put short comments on here not relating to the topic i myself are guilty of this
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 pm

ian wrote:
so why does it happen people still put short comments on here not relating to the topic i myself are guilty of this

im afraid thats life ian, there is no rule saying all replies have to be more than three words long......the fact is, that some prefer to post replies and others to talk on the chat, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm

and heres me thinking theres more to it than that Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 pm

more than likely you have to login to chat, if it was a chat that is seen more would use it, but those chats are slightly different called shoutbox
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

thats right steve its not that easy to find is it doesnt stand out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 pm

ian wrote:
thats right steve its not that easy to find is it doesnt stand out

doesnt stand out.......? its that big blue thing at the top of the page...... scratch

the only people who cant see it are the visitors, unless they register and log in they wont be able to see it either.........to be honest i dont think that having to log in is detering members from using the live chat because all that is needed to log in is a click of the mouse......simple.

also the other live chat in portal 2 doesnt need to be logged in to chat but no-one hardly goes onto that one, which is understandable because half the members ejther do not know about it or its because its not on the home page,,,,,, scratch
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 pm

mainly laziness it isnt used shoutbox you can see whose saying what as soon as youre on forum so used more
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

only been on portal page once i have main page in bookmarks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

steve1952 wrote:
only been on portal page once i have main page in bookmarks

yes me too steve, ive tried to set it out so that members talking on the chat can see the scroling topics and also the members on the forum can see the latest scroling topics.....thats why its at the top of the page.

i know on other forums the mainly stick to the portal as this gives all the latest topics but that takes members away from the main forum.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm

seems our discussion earlier has prompted members to try the live chat out........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 pm

I will stick to the way i know as me and computers don't see eye to eye, and i find it easier to comment on all topics
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 am

yes but when too many are on the live chat some leave so we cannot win
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 am

peel bros wrote:
yes but when too many are on the live chat some leave so we cannot win

altho`i do like the live chat myself ray, i think this is because its hard to have a 3,4,5 way conversation all at the same time......so it can get very confusing. you know yourself how confusing it can get with even 2 or 3 on the chat.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Lets keep it easy and straight forward cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:43 am

thats what i mean
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 am

I think the live chat has its place, if you want to go and have a chat about anything, especially someone you know well, instead of posting continuious just go there to discuss, then go back to the posts... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 pm

rudderfett wrote:
I think the live chat has its place, if you want to go and have a chat about anything, especially someone you know well, instead of posting continuious just go there to discuss, then go back to the posts... Very Happy

yes i agree martyn, if members what to do this its there if they want it....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why dont members use the chat   why dont members use the chat Empty

Back to top Go down

why dont members use the chat
Page 1 of 1