Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Ybs gone for hours....... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ybs gone for hours....... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ybs gone for hours....... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Ybs gone for hours....... Vote_lcapYbs gone for hours....... Voting_barYbs gone for hours....... Vote_rcap 
David
Ybs gone for hours....... Vote_lcapYbs gone for hours....... Voting_barYbs gone for hours....... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ybs gone for hours....... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ybs gone for hours....... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ybs gone for hours.......

Go down 
+2
steve1952
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Ybs gone for hours....... Empty
PostSubject: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:21 pm

let me ybs out friday morning and they dissapeared for hours, after about 3 hours they started straggling back home looking tired......by night i had eight missing and by the next day they started coming home from around 9.15 onwards every few hours, late yesterday evening the dark pied hen exchange bird bred by ian arrived home flown down and gashed accross her chest and when i looked she is quite badley hurt........im going to get her looked at to see if there is anything needs to be done or wether to leave her to heal on her own, still a blue hen missing now after 2 days so i dont expect to see her again now........i suspect they met up with trainers and got carried away from home and got lost... pale

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:21 pm

still time David, i had 1 lost for 3 days after hawk attack never flown up came back ok a bit thin
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:30 pm

glad you got them back , but i tell you what that will have done them some good
they will have coverd miles getting back home and learned a great deal when racing comes round
all the best with them .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:25 pm

David that has done them the world of good, this has showed there true character, the main thing it has made them work and use there brains

You watch they will be hard to loose now
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Very Happy Hi david , In 1998 I had 25 youngsters out flying one sunday morning. I didnt know it but the Irish birds had held over and had liberated early on sunday and they pass over here. Well I let them out about 8am while I cleaned the lofts out, by 5pm that night I had had only 5 back, about another 12 came home next day..I never saw any of the others again, propbably went to Ireland and back. Had an excellant season that year some of those same youngsters flew the whole programme so some good can come from fly aways. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Will agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:20 pm

If you read Richard Boylin in the BHW, he wrote, when he lived here in england he would let out his youngbirds just as the race birds were about to come across his loft

The race birds would take his youngbirds and what had returned that night would be his best pigeons
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

thanks for all the replies, hope it has learned them something as they must have flown for miles by the look of some of them........what is the best thing i could give them to build them back up.....? electrolytes,vitamins honey etc ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Give them a good feed but not over feed them as there stress levels are high and if they are over stuffed with feed may cause harm

Plenty of honey in the water to replace lost sugars levels
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:44 pm

thanks don, dont know what ill be like when they start racing..... lol! wont be able to sleep wondering where they are........ affraid
Back to top Go down
Pete H.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Pete H.

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm

agree with don and martyn david,it will have done them the world of good regards learning,although a little run down i know but they will recover in a few days mate.

pete.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks Pete for the comments
Back to top Go down
Pete H.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Pete H.

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:13 pm

no problem don mate,nice to be on the site giving a bit of input with decent members.

pete.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:14 pm

The only thing i would say David is let them have a bath sometime tomorrow if you can, have the water warm as this will help them to relax and help them forget what has happened

Plus it will help them get there confidence back being back at home
Back to top Go down
Pete H.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Pete H.

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:19 pm

yes david will agree there with don,read on here somewhere about salt and vinegar would you think this would be ok don as ive heard before it is quite good.

pete.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Will agree with you Pete, the vineger will help make the feathers become softer

And this is read from an artical from Mike Staddon in the BHW
Back to top Go down
Pete H.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Pete H.

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:31 pm

when you think of all the potions etc they try to sell you at the corn shops nowadays for putting in the bath,im sure its just a con to get money out of you. sometimes plain and simple things like vinegar etc will do just as good, and a fraction of the price too.

pete.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes your right there Pete
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:56 pm

yes i agree with you both there, when i raced years ago there wasnt all the choice of suppliments etc there are now, they all say their product will make you a winner but in the end its most likely all the same.........plus they dont half know how to charge dont they.... scratch

hi pete, missed you on tonight...............maybe tommorrow eh? hurry up and get them pigeons sorted out and im coming over to visit. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ybs gone for hours.......   Ybs gone for hours....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ybs gone for hours.......
Page 1 of 1