Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Vote_lcapMoan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Voting_barMoan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Vote_lcapMoan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Voting_barMoan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1298 registered users
    The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

Moan and do NOTHING.

Go down 
    +5
    blueskylofts
    Knackered
    halcanada
    Daz
    MISTY
    9 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    AuthorMessage
    halcanada
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    halcanada

Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 am

Misty. I do not know the ins and outs of the deal. Mankind will not change. Everyone in any office drawing a good salary will fight for their benefits. Religion does not rule any more. Many religions were opportunities for power. The world is a mess but always has been. Trump and the wall? Newly discovered tunnel today. About the 5th. China holding Canadians. t*t for tat. Irish have had a problem for years. Southern and Northen. Have sailed with people from both. Years ago. There consensus was join both and quit the shit. IRA etc,. But still goes on I assume.
    The way to change anything, has been said on here many times. Minds of the masses. How would one invigorate them? Outstanding leader/talker/or very famous person? As happened but nowadays not too many come forward with those credentials. Now. If it so happens that a UK or European guy wins the SA million dollar race then that should be publicised to the fullest extent. Or bred there. Hammer it on whatever media available. Exposure is paramount. Ads are run continously on some sites/tvs/radios. Do what they do to get market share. Or exposure. Just my thoughts..
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Common sense dictates that if any number of intelligent humans get together with the sole intention of improving any matter and all are fully informed of all the facts (as has been done in our sport with the Hall Report) none has a personal agenda, then any matter should be reasonably easy to find common ground on which to implement the best solutions under the prevailing circumstances.

Unfortunately, Hal, NO CHANCE.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Thought it a good idea to bring this back, there appears little going on regarding the future of the sport and without some attention being put towards solving the problems there will not be one.

Looking through the members list there are a number of youngsters not in the getting past it league, it is their opinions that is wanted and what they feel would be in both the sports and their own interests.

If they sit back and do nothing that is what they will end up with.

So come on you young ones, something, anything, is better than nothing and no one will take the micky at any suggestions that you feel may help.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 10:28 pm

MISTY wrote:
    Thought it a good idea to bring this back, there appears little going on regarding the future of the sport and without some attention being put towards solving the problems there will not be one.

Looking through the members list there are a number of youngsters not in the getting past it league, it is their opinions that is wanted and what they feel would be in both the sports and their own interests.

If they sit back  and do nothing that is what they will end up with.  

So come on you young ones, something, anything, is better than nothing and no one will take the micky at any suggestions that you feel may help.

Regards.
    Ok Wink Wink But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile First thing on average thou I suggest maybe Misty, is the attitude of many at the top bounce bounce having an attitude type perspective of what's your is mine as such on the money factor issue Smile Smile. Fact of the sport is I suggest Wink Wink the cream/money finishes up with the top 10% & basically the rest get nothing back, sadly. Try convincing those/some wielding the power, that we have some major issues confronting our sport on average is one mighty task I suggest as they live in a bubble type atmosphere, compared to the Mr average/battler types Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad who are just hanging on by their finger nails because of the love they have for their birds & getting drowned in the cost factor involved at times these days. Relegation type scenario Smile Smile maybe, like the mighty Sunderland etc bounce bounce may/could work to a degree I suggest. But first Wink Wink you would have to convince, those with their fingers up their a**e & the power & living in a fairy land type scenario & also the I'm all right jack attitude  Smile  Smile that change is required & the change requires an urgent factor attached to it so to speak these days Wink Wink. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    halcanada
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 2:08 am

Sometimes I am mystified Pigeon sport in many countries is on the uprise. No doom and gloom! Numbers of fanciers may decline but birds sent to races are increasing. Asia being the biggest pusher of racing pigeons. Few folks on here are trying to stimulate the younger generation. Or whatever. Why? If introduced to pigeons they adapt to them or not. All facts laid out, their choice. One young fellow decides to race. Here club members say nothing. Bigger clubs the birds are scoffed at. Their choice only wether or not to race or just keep homers. In or out. Brexit. People voted so what is the big deal? Just leave!
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 7:43 pm

If it were only that simple Hal.

The biggest problem we have is that those elected to represent the people forget what their responsibilities are and take up a personal stance to suit what THEY think.

In a truly democratic country the matter would be already settled .

You only have to look at those causing all the trouble, pompous hypocritical nonentities as far as representing those who elected them.

One silly MP whose constituents were one of the most in favor of leaving says she would never vote to leave, and there are a lot just like her, I think women of a certain age should be barred from any position involving politics, say from 2 years old to 100 years old, things may then pick up.

My opinion.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 pm

spot on misty, these treasonous mp`s are totally going against the will of the people......the majority voted leave, not make a deal or give away our rights or money, simply leave.

now these mps are trying to halt brexit, those who are need sacking.
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 am

MISTY wrote:

The biggest problem we have is that those elected to represent the people forget what their responsibilities are and take up a personal stance to suit what THEY think.

You only have to look at those causing all the trouble, pompous hypocritical nonentities as far as representing those who elected them.

One silly MP whose constituents  were one of the most in favor of leaving says she would never vote to leave, and there are a lot just like her, I think women of a certain age should be barred from any position involving politics, say from 2 years old to 100 years old, things may then pick up.

My opinion.

Regards.

anna soubry the snarling banshee who cries wolf when people answer back ,horrible despicable woman who gets eu dosh and has properties in Portugal ...over 400 mps voted remain 200 leave says it all really parliament is rotten to the core and none of the main parties seem able to govern its like a bunch of hooligans in parliament discussions these days all fighting to keep their pots of gold at the expense of our contry...if the people rise up I can see un-precedented civil unrest not seen since oliver Cromwell ,exaggeration ? I don't think so the people have woken up and are just waiting for march 29th or for mps to stop Brexit whether that's through the backdoor or not wont matter to the people ,its easy enough to identify the traitors to the people ...what a shower of freeloaders they are, most will be in the ground when our children and grandchildren will have to deal with the mess they leave behind ...self serving tossers ,look at mays husbands background and what he does for a living ,he is a senior executive at a $1.4 trillion investment fund that profits from tax avoidance companies like starbucks and amazon ,the info is out their if you care to delve and then the pieces start to make a picture of greed and wealth...don't get me started ffs lol! lol! lol! pirat pirat
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Just had a look at the RPRA AGM proposals, only one has any possible benefit to the fancy in general, that regarding individual voting.

But if you actually read 139B you might as well not have any rules the council do not want.

As it states the council can change any rule if they just let the regions know they are going to do so, it does not say the regions can stop them, so you might as well just let the council decide all the rules in the first place as things stand, any they do not like they can change.

Have pointed this out nearly every year.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 5:04 pm

oldstrain wrote:
    MISTY wrote:

One silly MP whose constituents  were one of the most in favor of leaving says she would never vote to leave, and there are a lot just like her, I think women of a certain age should be barred from any position involving politics, say from 2 years old to 100 years old, things may then pick up.

My opinion.

Regards.

anna soubry the snarling banshee who cries wolf when people answer back ,horrible despicable woman who gets eu dosh and has properties in Portugal ...over 400 mps voted remain 200 leave says it all really parliament is rotten to the core and none of the main parties seem able to govern its like a bunch of hooligans in parliament discussions these days all fighting to keep their pots of gold at the expense of our contry...if the people rise up I can see un-precedented civil unrest not seen since oliver Cromwell ,exaggeration ? I don't think so the people have woken up and are just waiting for march 29th or for mps to stop Brexit whether that's through the backdoor or not wont matter to the people ,its easy enough to identify the traitors to the people ...what a shower of freeloaders they are, most will be in the ground when our children and grandchildren will have to deal with the mess they leave behind ...self serving tossers ,look at mays husbands background and what he does for a living ,he is a senior executive at a $1.4 trillion investment fund that profits from tax avoidance companies like starbucks and amazon ,the info is out their if you care to delve and then the pieces start to make a picture of greed and wealth...don't get me started ffs lol! lol! lol! pirat pirat
    Is that Wink Wink lol! lol! lol! a wee bit of agro Smile Smile being shown etc bounce bounce bounce by the pirat clan here O/S Smile Smile. Could maybe I'm affraid  be another Eureka type rebellion (local peasant moment in history thing here) Smile Smile heading Bristol way, maybe Wink Wink. Now lol! lol! lol! I'm affraid I've just had another thought bubble thing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes about Trump & his wall with the shut down of the services there of a local nature etc. Wall cost factor around 6 billion Wink Wink shut down factor there for 30 odd days, 30 odd billion, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Heading into a crazy type world I suggest Smile Smile Brexit, Trump Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Putin Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & always waiting in the wings just waiting to pounce, the Chinese bombardment scenario, maybe. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Agree about the Chinese, Knackered, they let others do all the work and start where the others have left off.

Can just imagine them sitting down and working out the different scenarios regarding how we. America, Russia and the Eu etc; settle our differences, and they will have no idiots dictating to their actions regarding their responses.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:10 pm

MISTY wrote:
    Agree about the Chinese, Knackered, they let others do all the work and start where the others have left off.

Can just imagine them sitting down and working out the different scenarios regarding how we. America, Russia and the Eu etc; settle our differences, and they will have no idiots dictating to their actions regarding their responses.

Regards.

The big bad wolf etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in waiting, is my line of thinking with the Chinese Misty Wink Wink on average. Happy to sit back in the bleaches/back stalls  bounce  bounce  watch everyone devour themselves sadly, & then come in for the final kill I'm affraid type of thing Smile Smile. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Just been considering the China thing, Knackered.

We the brainy ones put a landing on the bright side of the moon, the Chinese went one better and put one on the dark side, much harder.

Have heard the peasants in China are saving their allowances to invest in property in or country when the present idiots have ruined it.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 pm

MISTY wrote:
    Just been considering the China thing, Knackered.

We the brainy ones put a landing on the bright side of the moon, the Chinese went one better and put one on the dark side, much harder.

Have heard the peasants in China are saving their allowances to invest in property in or country when the present idiots have ruined it.

Regards.

Been through that property thing here with the Chinese factor Misty. Got that bad sadly, with them buying up ever 4th house on the market bounce bounce the Government changed the housing rules to stop them buying every thing under the sun as such. For years Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the local yocal brigade told them we have a mayor issue/problem on hand with what was going on. No you don't we were told by those in power Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But, after years of letting the bull run rampant, they finally decided to shut the gate & then preceded to tell us how smart they were by doing it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes for me the rot set in years ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad when the bean counter types in power sold off our harbour in Darwin to the Chinese factor. Gate way to the country here & they sell it all to the Chinese with a lease of 100 odd years. Smart folk in power here in the climate we live in today I could suggest Wink Wink. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Put this on another post but gone.

Or words to that effect.

My sole concern over the past 45, 50 years has been the future,or lack of, our sport.

It is well documented numerous times in the sports press my concerns and possible means of illiminating some of them.

As far as I can determine the manner in which many portray our sport warrents a bottomless pocket and 25 hours in a day, using numerous aids and constant care clinical conditions being a must, enough to put anyone off the sport.

What I have attempted to point out, none of the above is nesessary to both enjoy the sport, give the pigeons as near to nature a life they enjoy, and have as much success as anyone else.

Just look at the two publications relating to our sport, one would think they were the most suseptible animal to desease, need at least 50 of the aids to success and a loft looking like Buckingham Palace along with pigeons costing at least a couple of thousand pounds.

What we should be doing is offering to start up anyone who shows an interest and advertise the fact in other publications than those relating just to the sport, every other sport does so.

No good keeping everything within the sport.

Just consider exactly what you have done and what you could have done and what you could do now before it is too late and I do not mean helping existing fanciers with a few young ones etc;
    I mean something original that wpuld make the sport more appealing to a potential fancier.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Just add, anyone can seek popularity, all you have to do is be all things to all people and not have a mind of your own, I tell things as I see them, right , wrong or indifferent.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 8:17 am

oh to be so righteous lol! lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm

No just honest and seeking the future of the sport.

Sarcasm lowest form of whit.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Which would be deceitful otherwise, The fact that you have to confirm it suggests otherwise.

I could quote hundreds of different people from all walks of life who would confirm my honesty and abilty to amuse and put down those with your attitude so please do not tempt me.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 5:15 pm

The above post was in reply to another sarcastic response, which has now vanished.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moan and do NOTHING.   Moan and do NOTHING. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moan and do NOTHING.
    Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6