Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
YB exercising/training... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:18 pm

» Good Morning
YB exercising/training... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:17 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
YB exercising/training... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
YB exercising/training... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
YB exercising/training... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
YB exercising/training... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
YB exercising/training... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
YB exercising/training... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
YB exercising/training... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YB exercising/training... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YB exercising/training... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
YB exercising/training... Vote_lcapYB exercising/training... Voting_barYB exercising/training... Vote_rcap 
David
YB exercising/training... Vote_lcapYB exercising/training... Voting_barYB exercising/training... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222809 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YB exercising/training... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YB exercising/training... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YB exercising/training...

Go down 
+5
VanReet Man123
Gaz b
delbar
oldstrain
David
9 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB exercising/training... Empty
PostSubject: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:56 pm

do members exercise their ybs each day when they have had them training the same day ?

do members continue to train their ybs once racing has started...?

at the moment i take my ybs to the club trainer but they dont arrive back home until mid afternoon, which means i cant exercise them again that day.......will one training toss per day be enough ?

any thoughts or suggestions would be a help, thanks.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 pm

when i train david its always around 6.30 to 7am if i cant go at these times i dont bother as when i train at any other times i always get aggro birds back injured or late ...by doing this i get free reign to exercise in the late afternoon before their evening feed and once i start racing thats it as i think they have been educated enough and dont see the point of added stress as i am not out to chase club positions but if they come along all well and good...i have not been racing that long only my 2nd season with ybs but so far have done well with this routine and think once fit once a day exercise is enough as mine do an hour around the loft this is equivelant to a good toss so why roll the dice with training jmo as i know plenty that train train train but have noticed their birds fall away as the season progresses atb
Back to top Go down
delbar
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:48 pm

mine either go training in the evening or out, very rarely do i bother in the morning as if they are a full of it and go off i have to leave trap open all day
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I suppose everyone is different.
Mine have gone out twice per day since day one, they go out in a morning to which they come back in to a light feed of 1/4 of an ounce each.
Then they go out in the evening on their return to the loft they get their evening feed. I tend to get training done in between these times now.
Now they know their way home they will only get short tosses a couple of times a week just to keep um fresh and the hour twice a day to maintain their fitness.
This is a new system that I have tried for this year.
Normally I would keep banging um up the road with a combination of short and long tosses.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 pm

We take ours 2/3,times a week weather permitting 10,miles and they go out as normal twice aday.
Back to top Go down
delbar
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Gaz b wrote:
I suppose everyone is different.
Mine have gone out twice per day since day one, they go out in a morning to which they come back in to a light feed of 1/4 of an ounce each.
Then they go out in the evening on their return to the loft they get their evening feed. I tend to get training done in between these times now.
Now they know their way home they will only get short tosses a couple of times a week just to keep um fresh and the hour twice a day to maintain their fitness.
This is a new system that I have tried for this year.
Normally I would keep banging um up the road with a combination of short and long tosses.

prob i have Gaz is that betwee leaving for work and back is 10 -11 hours and lots of cats about at moment, hoping the new dog will train well enough to keep the cats away
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:13 pm

The thing is mate, there's no hard n fast rules with this game, we just have to adjust everything to fit in with our lives.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Gaz b wrote:
The thing is mate, there's no hard n fast rules with this game, we just have to adjust everything to fit in with our lives.

well said gaz fit things in to suit your lifestyle many roads lead to success no hard and fast rule it seems
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 am

Gaz b wrote:

Spot on Gaz
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:26 pm

lol! Cant agree more lads, pigeons unless your retired or a full time pigeon racer on benifits, you have to fit pigeons around the home life and things have to be that way, I am a pigeon nut but they play second fiddle to everything in the home, the son and the mrs that way no agro at home either...lol
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:46 pm

my y/bs usually out at 2 if i,m training i come home call them in and basket them for a 25mler if i am not training young ins out from 3 till after 7 they are left to do what they want just my way but i do treat them the chris vasey way Very Happy Very Happy soon be the longer races bring them on a bit north in the wind Very Happy Very Happy sean

Last edited by seanl on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm

young birds out once a day for 1 hour and in.
bounce
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
lol! Cant agree more lads, pigeons unless your retired or a full time pigeon racer on benifits, you have to fit pigeons around the home life and things have to be that way, I am a pigeon nut but they play second fiddle to everything in the home, the son and the mrs that way no agro at home either...lol

Spot on Martyn same here mate family come first and foremost
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

seanl wrote:
my y/bs usually out at 2 if i,m training i come home call them in and basket them for a 25mler if i am not training young ins out from 3 till after 7 they are left to do what they want just my way but i do treat them the chris vasey way Very Happy Very Happy soon be the longer races bring them on a bit north in the wind Very Happy Very Happy sean

Sean you have no problem with hawks then mate
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 am

Don Webb wrote:
seanl wrote:

yes at times i do Don s/hk hen but she seems to have dissappeared and theres a couple of percys but i been lucky round the loft think its with all the noise as every one has dogs and christ theres some barking done l;ol
its usually training i get hit sean
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 am

Rudderfett wrote:
very true Martin i fitted them around my work but it was always harder to get them trained as being a none driver but it can be done very little training but once fit loft flying they always won more than their share sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm

seanl wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
seanl wrote:

yes at times i do Don s/hk hen but she seems to have dissappeared and theres a couple of percys but i been lucky round the loft think its with all the noise as every one has dogs and christ theres some barking done l;ol
its usually training i get hit sean

Thats good at least you have some kind of deterent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YB exercising/training...   YB exercising/training... Empty

Back to top Go down

YB exercising/training...
Page 1 of 1