Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Vote_lcappigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Voting_barpigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Vote_lcappigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Voting_barpigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

pigeons returning with muddy feet

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:15 pm

dont know about anyone else but this heat is too much for my ybs, as soon as they get in from morning exercise they go straight to the water and get a big drink..... affraid
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 pm

yes david same here gaping when they get down going to get hotter
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:33 pm

ian, remember when i lost a yb for 5/6 days ?we said it would be hard to loose now ?
well ive lost it again today.... lol! to be honest i dont care, im not going to loose any sleep over it.....it must be crap anyway. rendeer
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 pm

not only lost it but lost it twice takes some doing lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed it could only happen to me ian.... lol! bleeding thing will turn up in a weeks time, if i could do it i would bin it.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 pm

yes bet it turns up again
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:53 pm

wonder why its gone missing again ian? it was a bit misty again this morning but i let them"all" out togeather and it just never came back......waited all day checking on the loft and its still not here now. most likely with the strays in the farmers field where it was for the 5 days it was missing.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm

rest asure david it,ll be in the same place as it was last time bin it david no good
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

youre right ian, the bins the best place for it.....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 pm

never prove you wrong once its gone
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm

could have been got by hawk but i doubt it, its too much of a coincidence that its that one thats missing isnt it ? it will be sat out on a roof hunched up most likely planning on coming home in the morning.... monkey
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 pm

yes, it was on the loft early this morning.....had a look at it and its very thin and no meat along the keel, birds in good health by the looks of it but after it was missing for 5/6 days i think it has took a lot out of it and it hasnt recovered since.....i think what ill do is keep it in a while and build it up as i dont think ive helped it by making it go out every day and fly. any thoughts on what to give it ie vits etc?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:26 pm

david give it a brewers yeast tablet and plenty rest it will be ok
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm

must have really took it out of it when it was out for the 5-6 days but although its thin it seems pretty healthy....i remember at the time it went missing it was heavy rain and wind so its had it rough while away...... No
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 1:55 am

Rest the bird for a few days and give it time to get back in shape may take time but the pigeon will pay you back
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:02 am

Remember an old fancier who had a young hen keep going into everyones loft and would spend nights out

But as a yearling this hen was never out of the prize cards when racing inland midweek and saturday and as a two year old she won from over the water
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 am

Make sure you have electrolites in the water due to the hot weather
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Make sure you have electrolites in the water due to the hot weather

yes don ill put some in....last year when settling my ybs i lost one and a bloke in the next street got it in....i took it back and most times when it went out it would go back to him....in the end i give him it and when he raced it the bird got a third prize....dont know what happened to it since but it just goes to show doesnt it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 am

The biggest thing with young birds is if they are down and low and get feed in a different loft they tend to make that loft there new home
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:17 am

That is the reason for checking your team before you feed them just in case you have a different bird in your team
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:29 am

so far since i restarted last year i have not let any stray or bird into my lofts at all....they have only to get in and have a drink and it could go through the loft if they had any deseases......so thats why i dont allow it, mybe some might think im wrong and should let it in and feed it or report it but my birds health comes first im afraid..... bom
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:34 am

Totally agree with you David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am

to be honest don ive had a few land on my loft but like i say they never get in......but there doesnt seem to be as many around as there used to be years ago, evry day i had starys around the loft but now its just now and again.....i hear of loads of birds missing from racing but where do they all go ? also ive lost a few ybs this year and never got one reported, where do they all go ?
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Sometimes i go thinking they go back to living in the wild. affraid
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 pm

a lot must do, and either fanciers get them in and keep them, or kill them.....i know every fancier has a duty to recover a bird with his ring on, but how many of us want to pay 30 pound to get every bird sent back....?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

pigeons returning with muddy feet
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next