Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) NATURAL or COMERCIAL  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Vote_lcapNATURAL or COMERCIAL  Voting_barNATURAL or COMERCIAL  Vote_rcap 
David
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Vote_lcapNATURAL or COMERCIAL  Voting_barNATURAL or COMERCIAL  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

NATURAL or COMERCIAL

Go down 
+4
GRIZZLECOCK
David
edgie
mufc rick
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Empty
PostSubject: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:04 pm

what do you think is best for our birds . im trying something different with my ybs they will only get natural products Saturday after the race there first drink will be honey in water, sunday will be garlic strong then on thursday will be honey again any other times just plain water. im thinking that all these products of the shelve full of chemicals r no good for our birds .?? wat do members think
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:07 pm

mufc rick wrote:
what do you think is best for our birds . im trying something different with my ybs they will only get natural products Saturday after the race there first drink will be honey in water, sunday will be garlic strong then on thursday will be honey again any other times just plain water. im thinking that all these products of the shelve full of chemicals  r no good for our birds .?? wat do members think
your learning Basketball 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:08 pm

hi rick, I used to give my ybs honey and cider vinegar mixed sat, tues and thurs every week, they were in excellent condition, but I havnt given them it for a couple of years now since they got yb sickness,,,,,i thought maybe the sweet honey had contributed to them getting it, maybe totally wrong but that's what I thought anyway....... lol!
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:49 pm

mufc rick wrote:
what do you think is best for our birds . im trying something different with my ybs they will only get natural products Saturday after the race there first drink will be honey in water, sunday will be garlic strong then on thursday will be honey again any other times just plain water. im thinking that all these products of the shelve full of chemicals  r no good for our birds .?? wat do members think

Going overboard with "natural"products can certainly poison your birds mate....think on this before you make big mistake for its your birds health at risk,not yours.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:52 pm

David wrote:
hi rick, I used to give my ybs honey and cider vinegar mixed sat, tues and thurs every week, they were in excellent condition, but I havnt given them it for a couple of years now since they got yb sickness,,,,,i thought maybe the sweet honey had contributed to them getting it, maybe totally wrong but that's what I thought anyway....... lol!
dont think honey would harm your birds david as it has healing properties we are just finding out about i.e. sciantists
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:32 pm

yes I know it does edgie, but the sweet sticky in the crop might contribute to food not digesting.....this was my thought anyway. study 

and if they did get yb sickness, honey in the crop might not be a good thing..........it might give bacteria/infection something to live off Question Question Question 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:50 am

I agree with david any sweet or sugary substance is the best friend of e-coli and cider vinegar will not deal or prevent it either...a lot of these natural products are in fact meddled with by man a lot of cider vinegar is pasteurized the best one you can use is the "mother" but I find lemon juice much better jmo ...I use iodine also on the day after return.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:21 pm

most is down to feeding no good filling y/b up with hard food in this weather or any crap meds cus ya find um puking all over basket training and learning to use that drinker will win you races and thats the biggest downfall i think with y/b not beeing taught to use the drinker
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 pm

i must agree with g my ybs learn to drink out of the basket b4 they learn how to fly. races r won and lost in the basket  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 am

usually everyday I add lemon juice from concentrate to the water. Fingers crossed but never had young birds sickness. can go a few days without, age thingy, forgetfulness. Tried all the other stuff. This works for me so will not switch.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:05 am

mufc rick wrote:

Rick I always used Honey as the first drink the pigeons had from the race but I also used pure lemon juice with the honey

This was mixed together in the water fountain with luke warm water if you use boiling water you kill all the good bactiria in the honey and lemon

I saw a better race recovery using the honey and lemon in the water
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:17 am

halcanada wrote:
usually everyday I add lemon juice from concentrate to the water. Fingers crossed but never had young birds sickness. can go a few days without, age thingy, forgetfulness. Tried all the other stuff. This works for me so will not switch.

Where I worked lived an elderly fancier not to far away one day I asked if I could have a look at his pigeons he only had a small loft but his pigeons looked top quality but he did not race

I noticed in his water fountain he had pieces of sliced fresh lemon when asking him how many days his reply was until it needs replacing he also said that he had never had a pigeon become ill, but his pigeons looked in top quality condition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL or COMERCIAL    NATURAL or COMERCIAL  Empty

Back to top Go down

NATURAL or COMERCIAL
Page 1 of 1