Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) natural yoghurt - Page 6 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.natural yoghurt - Page 6 Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Vote_lcapnatural yoghurt - Page 6 Voting_barnatural yoghurt - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
natural yoghurt - Page 6 Vote_lcapnatural yoghurt - Page 6 Voting_barnatural yoghurt - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

natural yoghurt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

natural yoghurt - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:11 pm

I can always send you a hen.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 pm

affraid all the way from s/africa... lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:19 pm

david he could bring it himself and toss youngbirds while hes here lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 pm

yes , it wouldnt be much further than a training toss for niel.....hed probably come back again to give a second trainer if they beat him home... Very Happy

joking aside though, the ones niel has left will be the best ones and im sure they will do well for him racing.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 pm

yes i think they will
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 am

i cant wait for niel to start racing to see how he does....i suppose its quite a lot different racing in south africa.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:52 am

I never lost a youngbird with breaking it in, sometimes one stay outside for a day,but eventialy come back in.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:40 pm

yes niel, i had two what stayed out over night the other day....when i got them in they were shatterred and slept all the next day, they are looking ok now though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 am

Theres no problem with that david, they have spent time from the loft and hunger has set in and now they know what is best for them

If i lost a young bird and they returned after a few days i can say they were the pigeons i never lost and were always there
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 am

David yes you will have to do your own thing or what works for you

But if it is not working for you how do you move forward or go to the next level are you just going to keep to what you know and stay at that level????

There are time were you will ask questions and people will say try this but it is up to you at the end to see if you will us what you have been told

Trial and error that is what it is all about trying different things until you find that system which puts you in front of everyone
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:14 am

thats it don, if the methods fanciers are using dont get results they must be prepared to try something different, if another fanciers methods are winning more than yours ....give it a go, worth a try ??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 am

David do your old birds look unsettled when you go into the loft in the morning

Could there be movement around the outside of your loft which is disturbing your youngbirds and making them feel unsettled

The reason for saying this is because Mark Evans a freind i know had problems with his widowhood cocks not settling and he watch his loft late at night and he noticed that a fox was living beneath his loft which was making the cocks unsettled

It is only a suggestion
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 am

thought about that don and the only thing i can think of is cats.....the birds seem fairly calm and peck around on the grass, and also i thought if it was cats they would sit on the house roof which they dont.....what do you think ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:21 am

That is correct David i does not cost nothing if you try different things just to get that extra speed out of you pigeon

Some times it is the smallest thing which is needed that gets you that first prize
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:23 am

yes mate could be cats after vermin and making a noise during the night
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:29 am

i leave my gate open at night don because i thought if cats could get in to where the loft is it would maybe keep any mice or rats away if they were around.....i try to keep the cats out during the day but leave my gate open at night...if there was any rats would a house cat kill them ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:05 am

Yes but if you close the base of your lofts you will stop the movement of vermin
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 am

what i was thinking tho is that as you know vermin can get in very small holes and if they did or if they chewed their way undernieth they would have a free run and not be desturbed as cats cant get to them... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:12 am

Just use very small mesh which would prevent this from happening
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:20 am

i think it might have been breeding season for cats over the last few weeks as ive heard them calling and meawing over the back near my lofts....not in my fenced off part but on the outside of it...plus like you said, foxes....before i had my birds there were loads of them but as far as i know they cant get in....but then again ive seen a fox jump up like a cat so they most likely could....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:25 am

Just keep an eye on anything different around the loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:35 am

ive tryed to fill in anywhere cats can just run in when the birds are out so all i try to keep a look out for is hawks which ive had trouble with in the past....im constantly on look out for one or the other, it wasnt like this 20 years ago im sure,we did have some problems with cats but nothing too serious...but we never even saw a hawk never mind had them take our birds... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:39 am

Yes protect the hawks gone mad
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:47 am

Interresting is, that when my birds turn their heads, i could look up in the sky, and 8 out 10, i would see a predator circling high in the sky.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

yes they know when something there they stand motionless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: natural yoghurt   natural yoghurt - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

natural yoghurt
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next