Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» Good Morning
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Today at 1:33 pm

» Weather today
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Today at 1:32 pm

» APHA Forms .......
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Vote_lcapwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Voting_barwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Vote_lcapwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Voting_barwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222878 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

white racing homer first release advice

Go down 
+5
halcanada
barnie
oldstrain
MISTY
Mike
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 9:39 am

'... I think even if you do most things wrong they will still be resilient'. Well if one listened to all, then 90% would be doing it wrong.
KISS Keep It Sweet and Simple is very, very true. Listen to the birds as they talk to you as you observe.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 3:42 pm

good video, well planned loft, wish I had a workshop like yours though Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 4:09 pm

The more simple the better, that's how I feel also.
It got 45 degrees (7.2 c) last night and they babby roller died, I guess being new parents they didn't think they had to sit on it anymore!
I knew it was way to late in the year. Won't do that again!
Is there any rules of thumb for breeding months or does it just depend on your facilities?
Thanks for the compliment Barnie, It's not much but I can do what I need to in there.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:17 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
The more simple the better, that's how I feel also.
It got 45 degrees (7.2 c) last night and they babby roller died, I guess being new parents they didn't think they had to sit on it anymore!
I knew it was way to late in the year. Won't do that again!
Is there any rules of thumb for breeding months or does it just depend on your facilities?
Thanks for the compliment Barnie, It's not much but I can do what I need to in there.
Suggest Paloma Smile Smile on average, weather decides when best to breed etc. 7.2 c Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was 25c down here last night as such Wink Wink after a 34 c day yesterday & that can make a huge difference when breeding. Loved the bit also, in your video Very Happy Very Happy  lol!  lol!  lol! were your daughter, enjoys sitting up on the roof there type of thing doing her home work as such. Magic type moment for her, maybe & a moment in time were she can just escape the stress factor of her daily life I suspect Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Going to be gone for about 4 days to visit my son in the state of florida, he is in the military and I haven't seen him for a long time!
Thanks and I will see if I can get another video when I get back - a lot more of them stayed up for a while last night! cheers.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Nice to see the family - mostly - always when possible.

Took my sons for a meal Wednesday. Great to talk and reminisce. Time tells, time ends.

Been to two funerals this eek. Monday and just now - Friday.

As will nature. Breeding should be natural and say March April. Weakens then if fighting the cold weather. Indeed a lot of ills are because of breeding too early, and fightin nature. Nature will out and win.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am

hey, I have some pretty good footage of the doves.
they finally got up all together and you can see them fly as one flock for the first time.

https://youtu.be/JryO2v1IXqg
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 am

Daz wrote:
Nice to see the family - mostly - always when possible.

Took my sons for a meal Wednesday. Great to talk and reminisce. Time tells, time ends.

Been to two funerals this eek. Monday and just now - Friday.

As will nature. Breeding should be natural and say March April. Weakens then if fighting the cold weather. Indeed a lot of ills are because of breeding too early, and fightin nature. Nature will out and win.
Agree to some extent. However what I find in people I talk with is their negative attitude. Need more money, better kids etc, etc,. I am short of cash at the present time. Situation will resolve itself. Goverment scew up, Doc appointement tomorrow. Wife and I. Actually look forward to it. Once a month visit. Welshman. Sees humour in most things.
Guy here today complaining. He needs better birds etc, etc,. He wins quite often. Flies many. Told him to keep the best get rid of the rest. Told me he had spent too much on what he had now. Cannot cut down.
Talking with my wife tonight and stated that the majority of people do not appreciate what they have now. Marriage, family. food on the table etc,.
I doubt if anything will change. If it did..would not be human nature!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:41 am

Sadly mate, that is very true. the very essence of a 'Social Element has gone and getting worse.
We are now led along with a 'Nuts to you mate I'm alright Jack'.
Falsehoods and false promises are hand down from Government's / Churches, local firms and dishonest investors.
Workers shun any extra work that the can get away from not doing. Billionaires robbing the workers pensions that the WORKERS have paid for!
Is it any wonder that the proletarian moans … yet they now follow suit in one up man ship!
There was a time when I, like many others left their doors open! If I was visited by the sons etc. and out, they could at least make a cuppa as I would leave the doors unlocked. Local girls oft came in and took my dog for a walk!
But with robberies, murders, etc. etc. on the up rise, and the way forward of making it better chosen of 'Going soft on punishment forever easier on the criminal, the 'Crime don't pay' is replaced with 'Crime does pay'!

Here's a truth:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
2nd Timothy 3 verse 1- 7.

Now whether we like it or not, or loathed to accept it, this is happening... Now! Sad to say.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:11 pm

This is a link that I hope works, The first one apparently didn't
Let me know if you are able to view the video on you tube.
here shows the doves first actual flight, they even started to flock together! Laughing
Thanks

https://youtu.be/-w8fQ2iMRaM
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Yes video works fine now pal.
I think you've done fantastic, settling all those young birds, brought from elsewhere, never flown out and a mix of various ages.
It took time but you had the patience and resolve, no mean feat. I personally haven't met any experienced fanciers that have achieved that, (but I'm probably wrong Very Happy ) you should be well pleased with yourself, well done pal!
Especially being surrounded with the trees, but they seem to have taken it in their stride and your birds know where home is now.
Great to see them up in a group, as confidence grows so will fitness and they'll fly further and longer.
I'm sure these will bring you many hours of fun, and for your family too.
Best wishes, hope you continue to be an active forum member.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 am

Thanks so much for your support Barnie, your experience and willingness to share is what made it possible!

I don't really know what to expect from them now? Tonight they flew beautifully together for about 10 minutes then started to break up (I think because some were getting tired). Then I didn't see a bunch for about 2 min which seemed much longer because I got worried and nervous. Then they all started dropping in one at a time. Safe and sound.

They are such incredible animals, I can't believe how nice it is to have them.

Hopefully you can advise me on the morning release once you think they are ready for that. ie the feeding and timing and so on.
By the way they love eating the lettuce, carrots, and salt now. I have been giving that in the morning instead of pellets.

So many great tips I feel very lucky, thanks Pal.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 8:22 am

barnie wrote:
Yes video works fine now pal.
I think you've done fantastic, settling all those young birds, brought from elsewhere, never flown out and  a mix of various ages.
It took time but you had the patience and resolve, no mean feat. I personally haven't met any experienced fanciers that have achieved that,  (but I'm probably wrong  Very Happy ) you should be well pleased with yourself, well done pal!
Especially being surrounded with the trees, but they seem to have taken it in their stride and your birds know where home is now.
Great to see them up in a group, as confidence grows so will fitness and they'll fly further and longer.
I'm sure these will bring you many hours of fun, and for your family too.
Best wishes, hope you continue to be an active forum member.
Fine at my end also etc Barnie SmileSmile Refreshing I would say Very Happy Very Happy to see some one just enjoying his birds for what they are as such bounce bounce & Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes he just happens to be lol! lol! lol! fortunately, a tree hugger type of bloke Very Happy Very Happy like myself here Wink Wink it appears. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:33 am

Hi everyone, Just an update on the birds cheers Doing great!
They fly all together now when they all go out! Got some lazies in there. I think I may have solved that problem though. I made up a pigeon carrier and have been using it to get them all out together. If you want you can see all that in a video I made. I hope everyone is doing good and getting set for the breeding season!

https://youtu.be/xJ0k8mkV_iE
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:38 am

Yes that happens paloma blanca. The initial great buzz frails a little... But then as quick as that happens another happening takes its place again. Never a level state mate, up and down …. but great!
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Well done, can see you're really getting into the pigeons now! They are looking happy and healthy and you got them pretty much under control, learning all the time. Must be a nice place to live, looks fantastic, I'd live in your workshop! That's what I miss the most.
And thanks for the videos, contribution and updates. Good to see all aspects of pigeon keeping.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Well done!!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:12 pm

barnie wrote:
Well done, can see you're really getting into the pigeons now! They are looking happy and healthy and you got them pretty much under control, learning all the time. Must be a nice place to live, looks fantastic, I'd live in your workshop! That's what I miss the most.
And thanks for the videos, contribution and updates. Good to see all aspects of pigeon keeping.
Paloma's workshop etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy has a real good feel thing about it as such I suggest  lol! lol! lol!. Some where I suspect Very Happy Very Happy to just escape the missus type of thing, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & play with ones toys for the enjoyment factor. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:55 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
    Hi everyone, Just an update on the birds cheers Doing great!
They fly all together now when they all go out! Got some lazies in there. I think I may have solved that problem though. I made up a pigeon carrier and have been using it to get them all out together. If you want you can see all that in a video I made. I hope everyone is doing good and getting set for the breeding season!

https://youtu.be/xJ0k8mkV_iE
Nice little watch etc Paloma Very Happy Very Happy Suspect some how Wink Wink your the type maybe, that much prefers to make some thing more so than buy type of thing. End of the day Wink Wink you have made yourself one nice little basket for your birds so well done on your effort I say. Final word thou, noticed how your arrangement is there & could maybe suggest Very Happy Very Happy for your backs sake Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you maybe give some thought to having your arrangement down at floor level there Wink Wink in the future at some stage. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Paloma's workshop etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy has a real good feel thing about it as such I suggest  lol! lol! lol!. Some where I suspect Very Happy Very Happy to just escape the missus type of thing, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & play with ones toys for the enjoyment factor. cheers

Too right, would love somewhere to disappear and have space and tools to build or repair whatever took my fancy.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 1:11 am

Yes I like where I live now it is very comfortable here, I stay very busy with the land and up keep. My little workshop is the place I like the most because as Knachered said it is a nice escape and I do end up spending a lot of my free time in there. I usually have something to show for it also which is nice. I always liked making my own things instead of buying but am not opposed to buying things if needed. I have pigeons on both sides of the shop and lately have been making mostly things for them, and I do a lot with my dogs and kennel also.
I am settling in with the pigeon lifestyle nicly, getting the feel for their needs, likes, and dislikes. They are so different than other animals! I see why its a way of life for so many. Thanks, Sincerely - Mike
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
    Yes I like where I live now it is very comfortable here, I stay very busy with the land and up keep. My little workshop is the place I like the most because as Knachered said it is a nice escape and I do end up spending a lot of my free time in there. I usually have something to show for it also which is nice. I always liked making my own things instead of buying but am not opposed to buying things if needed. I have pigeons on both sides of the shop and lately have been making mostly things for them, and I do a lot with my dogs and kennel also.
    I am settling in with the pigeon lifestyle nicly, getting the feel for their needs, likes, and dislikes. They are so different than other animals! I see why its a way of life for so many. Thanks, Sincerely - Mike
Worth Smile Smile far more etc than gold Paloma Wink Wink living in a pleasant/comfortable type environment I suggest. Few, I feel Rolling EyesRolling Eyes in a pigeon sense lol! lol! lol! reach the heights of a Trump type as such with ones life style, but then just thinking about it lol! lol! lol! with all his problems, who would want too at the end of the day. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 2:05 pm

great idea using the dog crate mike, a good way to recycle .........your birds are doing well learning to go into it, wont be long before you have them all running into it.

loft looks well built, done a great job of that .

if you want to post your youtube videos directly onto your posts mike, copy the the link on the navigation bar when the video is playing, then paste it onto your post by clicking the youtube sign above where you type, a drop down box will appear and just paste the link into there and click "insert"
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks David, I will use that method to insert the youtube videos now!
What does the insert table icon do? Also how are you guys copying excerpts from others posts to respond to them - is this just copy and paste or do you have to choose one of the icons to paste into it?

(I would like to have put knackered's response here) I'm just going to copy and paste to see if it comes out right.

Worth Smile Smile far more etc than gold Paloma Wink Wink living in a pleasant/comfortable type environment I suggest. Few, I feel Rolling EyesRolling Eyes in a pigeon sense lol! lol! lol! reach the heights of a Trump type as such with ones life style, but then just thinking about it lol! lol! lol! with all his problems, who would want too at the end of the day. cheers

I agree totally with knackered Money isn't everything. In most cases the more money you have the more problems you have. Then you need more money to solve the problems. I think the happiest people are the ones who are grateful for what they have and know how to get the most out of it. Just going for the simple life myself, all done with the rat race!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:00 pm

normally you click "post reply" mike, but if you want to quote what another member has said in their post you click the "quote" icon at the top right hand side of their post , which will put it into your post your wanting to make .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

white racing homer first release advice
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next