Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Vote_lcapwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Voting_barwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Vote_lcapwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Voting_barwhite racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

white racing homer first release advice

Go down 
+5
halcanada
barnie
oldstrain
MISTY
Mike
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:05 pm

David wrote:
normally you click "post reply" mike, but if you want to quote what another member has said in their post you click the "quote" icon at the top right hand side of their post , which will put it into your post your wanting to make .
I should have known it was something simple that I overlooked
Thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
David wrote:
normally you click "post reply" mike, but if you want to quote what another member has said in their post you click the "quote" icon at the top right hand side of their post , which will put it into your post your wanting to make .
I should have known it was something simple that I overlooked
Thanks

easy when you know how mike, if i can do it anyone can .... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:21 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1axLEm5H1tInkLp99bzBvH49vuV3bUkPZ/view?usp=sharing

I have a few birds that have this type of little feathers on the side of their wings sticking out I was wondering if that is just a young bird thing or if it is something undesirable on a pigeon
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:39 pm

to me its inherited from parents mike, some think its a sign of health or fitness , which it may be to a point, but to me its inherited from parents or grandparents .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 1:05 am

David wrote:
to me its inherited from parents mike, some think its a sign of health or fitness , which it may be to a point, but to me its inherited from parents or grandparents .
Tend to agree etc with your assumption David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes prefer not to see it in my race birds thou, but it will not stop pigeons racing ok on average I've found. Tend to think here of a shinny hull of a boat slicing through the water bounce bounce on race day, compared to one with barnacles attached to the hull as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
Tend to agree etc with your assumption David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes prefer not to see it in my race birds thou, but it will not stop pigeons racing ok on average I've found. Tend to think here of a shinny hull of a boat slicing through the water bounce bounce on race day, compared to one with barnacles attached to the hull as such. cheers
I don't think I will raise any squabs from them! Just pair them together and either use them for fosters or toss their eggs and replace with wooden ones. I don't like that rough look. Got a little video for you guys, My favorite Feral pigeon slipped out of the roller loft and went straight to the 1 blue bar racer that I have!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 am

the feral cock looks a nice healthy pigeon, and like you say, probably not too far removed from a lost racer ...........all birds are looking fit and healthy.

re the curls on the wings, i dont see it as a bad sign, something to stop breeding from the bird as if its a fault.........but by what ive seen it does tend to be more of a trait on white pigeons, or pigeons with a lot of white on their wings, possibly white pigeons have softer feathers ...? not sure, but i wouldnt see it as a fault.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 7:43 pm

David wrote:
the feral cock looks a nice healthy pigeon, and like you say, probably not too far removed from a lost racer ...........all birds are looking fit and healthy.

re the curls on the wings, i dont see it as a bad sign, something to stop breeding from the bird as if its a fault.........but by what ive seen it does tend to be more of a trait on white pigeons, or pigeons with a lot of white on their wings, possibly white pigeons have softer feathers ...?  not sure, but i wouldnt see it as a fault.
Thanks David, I won't be to hard on them lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 am

Hey everyone, I have a beautiful new video on the white racing homers doing some strong flying! There is some cool slow motion at the end. Hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:02 am

nice video ,birds look well....like the blue hen ,you have done well Wink
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:33 am

Well done pal, great to see how things have progressed. Some achievement to settle all those birds of mixed ages to that environment surrounded by trees but you got it done without losing any!
They look happy, healthy and content, come a long way in a short time. Glad it's working out, be careful you'll end up with 100 before you know it. Hope the dove release side becomes a reality too, be a noble sight at weddings/funerals I would think.
Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Many thanks to all of you who have offered up the great advice. I put it all to good use......and I'm sure I will need more lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:19 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
Many thanks to all of you who have offered up the great advice. I put it all to good use......and I'm sure I will need more lol!
Thank you etc Paloma Very Happy Very Happy & as you say Smile Smile the slow mo shots of your birds landing as such, was quite brilliant to watch also from my perspective here  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 am

Here is another one friends! When you get a chance to watch it please don't hesitate to comment on the way I do things on the forum because I will value the feedback.
This video shows a typical morning routine with the pigeons. Getting them out for a toss, exercise and feeding.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Also I put a little slow motion in for Knackered! cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 10:38 am

Me thinks Paloma you are either a fast learner or a leg puller.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Looking good!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 pm

MISTY wrote:
Me thinks Paloma you are either a fast learner or a leg puller.

Regards.
Smile Smile One must not forget etc Misty Wink Wink I suggest Smile Smile Paloma, today bounce bounce is where we were Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 60 0dd years ago type of thing when starting out as such with his little champs I suspect & he has far different tools today on hand to use in how he displays his enthusiasm & joy in what he does for those interested Very Happy Very Happy with his journey. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Lovely birds, can see you are doing everything in your power to move forward with their development. Well deserved results coupled with enjoyment, hope the training goes well, difficult to know just how good their homing instinct is without knowing their breeding, only one way to find out Wink only advice I would give is always make sure the weather is favourable when training as you seem to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 pm

barnie wrote:
Lovely birds, can see you are doing everything in your power to move forward with their development. Well deserved results coupled with enjoyment, hope the training goes well, difficult to know just how good their homing instinct is without knowing their breeding, only one way to find out Wink only advice I would give is always make sure the weather is favourable when training as you seem to be doing.
Living in the jungle, there  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  lol!  lol!  lol! as he does etc Barnie Smile Smile I just wonder, if he has by chance any local land marks he could use when training his team. Pigeons from my perspective, can pick out some thing of interest to them in a local sense when finding home at times I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Living in the jungle, there  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  lol!  lol!  lol! as he does etc Barnie Smile Smile I just wonder, if he has by chance any local land marks he could use when training his team. Pigeons from my perspective, can pick out some thing of interest to them in a local sense when finding home at times I suggest. cheers

Too true knackered, all those trees must look the same to the birds Very Happy Very Happy done well not to lose any settling them I would say!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:34 pm

I often wonder what it must look like to them from up there. They have done so well this far. I am very amazed in their abilities.
This morning I took them about a half mile in a different direction, the weather was very cloudy but there wasn't any wind so I didn't think it would be a problem.
I let them out at a spot they had never seen before. They circled around houses that were totally unfamiliar to them for 2.5 minutes and then they all started in the right direction. I think I will let them loft fly for a couple days while my nerves settle! I don't want to push them I have an abundance of time.
Each video I make is usually some sort of milestone for me. Because I don't have any information about pigeons that would be helpful to you veterans I try to at least give back by showing the progress I am making with them. You guys are willing to share so I wanted to at least do the same.
If any of you have some pigeon pictures I would love to see them.
I hope the new loft is coming out great Colin!
Sincerely, Mike
Paloma Blanca means White Dove Laughing
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:18 am

white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Mating10
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 White_10
Stock loft. Eye pic of yearling.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:15 pm

heres one of our race loft and a few ybs

Last edited by oldstrain on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:28 pm

white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Img_2048
white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Img_2049
a few of last years first round ybs and the completed loft just before paint job last winter
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:30 pm

If the little fellow turns out half as good as he looks oldstrain, he will not go far wrong, should be proud of the little fellow.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: white racing homer first release advice   white racing homer first release advice - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

white racing homer first release advice
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next