Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How do members pair...? - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How do members pair...? - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Vote_lcapHow do members pair...? - Page 3 Voting_barHow do members pair...? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Vote_lcapHow do members pair...? - Page 3 Voting_barHow do members pair...? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How do members pair...? - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How do members pair...?

Go down 
+9
Rene A
Don Webb
Alex
alexhe
Ginger
IANYOUNG
kev d
stormqueen
David
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

How do members pair...? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm

hi steve, are your birds showing any signs of pairing or are those two from me still a bit young ? what are your plans re pairing ?
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: pairing up   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

dont know how to put picture up just yet but will put a few up when i learn Laughing most high flyers are blues or prints they are liberated 4.30 am an d must stay up together as a kit and bespotted at last an hour .its a long day as they can fly till dark and even past dark where instead ov using droppers a lamp is used i think the record stands at 22 hours plus but most birds if there fed properly will fly 15 hours given the right weather conditions i hope this gives you an insight into the world ov high flyers steve
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

forgot to say they dont tumble steve
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:43 pm

highflyerboy wrote:
dont know how to put picture up just yet but will put a few up when i learn Laughing most high flyers are blues or prints they are liberated 4.30 am an d must stay up together as a kit and bespotted at last an hour .its a long day as they can fly till dark and even past dark where instead ov using droppers a lamp is used i think the record stands at 22 hours plus but most birds if there fed properly will fly 15 hours given the right weather conditions i hope this gives you an insight into the world ov high flyers steve

highfleryboy, you either need to open a photobucket account which is free and will host all your photos, or you can look down the side of our homepage where it says "upload images" and you can load photos from your computer onto the site...

if you get stuck let me know......... cheers
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi David, no they haven't paired yet but are begining to show a bit of interest in others, I'm still not 100% sure what sex they they are yet - just as i think they're showing behaviour consistant to a cock they then start showing up to another cock and vice versa - the thing is the cock I know is definately a cock isn't interested in much at all apart from flying, food and his territory. I read that the lengthening days should kick start the whole mating thing though!

Thanks for the explanation Highflyerboy, that's a lot of time on the wing!! Are they smaller than a racer and what does a 'print' look like (sorry for the thread drift Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm

hi steve, ive found that the ybs off this pair are usually the biggest bird is the hen, and the smaller bird the cock........not always but ive also found that the dark cheqs are hens, does this sound like yours ...? also when its spring like weather it does get the birds wanting to pair, thats why some fanciers use electric lights to encourage this..... Razz
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Hello David, there's a definate and distinct size difference, the larger being the B Cheq, the BB is significantly smaller and is a more delicate bird all round, but as I say the behaviour has been inconsistant scratch

I'm looking forward to the pairing & mating and am keen to start but have read the comments about early bred birds Vs ones bred a little later and their subsequent performance with interest - I'd thought a more mature and possibly mere developed bird would have an advantage in the yb racing but it seems not??
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 pm

im not too sure why some fanciers pair early steve, it could be because they want it over and done with and out of the way.......or possibly because they prefer the older yb and think they will race better, im not sure. scratch

i hope that with me pairing 5th feb the young birds will be matured enough for racing, plus i will be putting them onto the dark. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 pm

It is more for getting the youngbirds more mature and acting like yearlings when it is time for racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:57 pm

hi don, so early bred ybs on the dark are better than later ybs on dark...? would ther be that much differece ?
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 pm

It certainly seems as though most experienced guys aren't really in a rush to start the pairing with Feb seemingly being about the most popular time, I guess your location could be a factor ie Channel Islands V's Northern Scotland - but as ever opinion is divided; and that's another thing I like about fancy - there's no single way to 'skin the cat' plus the informed debate is very educational to us novices cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 pm

how long have you had birds for steve?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

the thing is tho steve, id like to hear from our members what month their best ybs were hatched in........? scratch
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: how do members pair   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:06 pm

im sure i just sent this message!! any way steve high flyers are much smaller than racers some are no bigger than a collard dove ie pilot strain mostly blues and are not every ones cup ov tea as they are hard to settle but once you get a good kit flying there very good and as the name suggests they fly up in the heavens another bird that is becoming popular is a plester bird which is larger but still small compared to a racer,these birds fly much lower but still put the hours in a print is just a grizzle mate
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello Alex, just a few months - I had kept them for a few years many years ago but loads has changed so effectively I'm a total novice - keen to learn though!!

Me too David - it would be good to see if there's a trend relating to the time the performing birds were hatched
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 pm

by the way lads my name is billy. sure i just sent this message as well "!!!!
Back to top Go down
SGWBrown
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks Highflyerboy, I'll be looking out for them at Blackpool - they seem to have every shape, size and colour possible. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 pm

highflyerboy wrote:
by the way lads my name is billy. sure i just sent this message as well "!!!!

ah right, thanks billy......always nice to know who your talking to. Very Happy

re the posts not registering...........if you post at the same time as someone else it operates a flood control which tells you another message has been posted while you were typing, all you do is click "save "again.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 pm

ive never rally been into fancy pigeons, but am very interested in these high flyers.......would be great letting them out and seeing them fly for hours so high up. Very Happy

billy, do the bops/hawks bother them when they fly so high up ?
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: how do members pair   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 pm

steve theres a bird called a paki high flyer{they named it !} but my mate says they not as good as the real one! probably a snide knowing them lot oops sorry if i offended anyone Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 pm

david in the midlands they get hammered with perigrines we get the occasional hit but sparrow hawks take most ov the young birds when in training i just lost a bird recently that i had hand reared i was gutted it wont do it again tho Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:27 pm

highflyerboy wrote:
steve theres a bird called a paki high flyer{they named it !} but my mate says they not as good as the real one! probably a snide knowing them lot oops sorry if i offended anyone Wink Wink Wink

didnt offend me billy, the term is only short for pakistani isnt it......its like us british been called brits isnt it ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 pm

highflyerboy wrote:
david in the midlands they get hammered with perigrines we get the occasional hit but sparrow hawks take most ov the young birds when in training i just lost a bird recently that i had hand reared i was gutted it wont do it again tho Wink

saw a hawk land on my tree last week when it was snowing, by the time i got to it , it flew off but it just goes to show we can never let our guard down with these killers. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm

i hate sparrow hawks lads them and bleeding magpies have destroyed our small bird population its funny how your allowed to capture magpies but not hawks?i use a larrson trap and take 30 a year just from my allotment i humanley kill them ov course
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 pm

how do these traps work...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do members pair...?   How do members pair...? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do members pair...?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next