Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
hi, new member.... Emptyby David Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
hi, new member.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
hi, new member.... Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
hi, new member.... Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
hi, new member.... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
hi, new member.... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
hi, new member.... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
hi, new member.... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
hi, new member.... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) hi, new member.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 81 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.hi, new member.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
hi, new member.... Vote_lcaphi, new member.... Voting_barhi, new member.... Vote_rcap 
David
hi, new member.... Vote_lcaphi, new member.... Voting_barhi, new member.... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222677 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
hi, new member.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
hi, new member.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

hi, new member....

Go down 
+3
dark_chequer
David
littlehen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:59 pm

just joined your forum been having a look around, looks good. Smile look forward to getting to know the members and getting involved with the topics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:43 pm

hi little hen, look forward to hearing about you and your pigeons... Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:50 pm

welcome to the site Little hen. good luck for the season................amanda
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:19 pm

hi,my youngbirds are flying out ok but at the moment they are all over the skies and not grouping together,do i just leave them to it or take them down the road maybe at the end of the street and let them go,would this make them bunch?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:47 am

hi little hen and welcome, your young birds will group in a day or two, i would not take them down the road yet they will not be ready if they are not flying together ... ray
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:31 pm

hi ray,thanks for your reply you were right they are bunching nicely now,theres the odd one or two thats flying on their own but im not too bothered about that. king
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:18 pm

the ones flying on there own are the ones to look out for when racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 pm

ive always noticed with ybs when they are flying the odd one or two just drop out of the pack and then join up again....they look like tipplers...lol
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:17 am

Spot on there Ian
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

David

When the birds just drop out of the kit land and join them again are you doors left open
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 am

If so David then shut the doors and start to use flags, if they carry on doing this then the rest of the team may start doing it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 pm

hi don, yes the doors are left open when they are flying....should i close them until they land ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 9:29 pm

david when birds are out you should keep door shut only open door when you want them in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:52 pm

yes ian, il give that a try....the reason mainly is that when they are out flying i amm cleaning out ...but once i have done this i will close the door and see how they do... cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 am

David once your birds are out then close the doors even when you are cleaning the loft and grt the pigeon in a routine once the doors are closed they fly and once the doors are open get them in and then shute the doors no messing about
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 pm

david i put my pigeons in different end and clean out first then i let them out and shut the doors can you do this or have you not got the room
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:42 pm

i havnt got room to do that ian....but ken(friendslofts) races roundabout and this is very similar to how he exercises his birds by letting them out and getting them back into another section while he cleans out.....don, could i train them to fly while the door is shut and to land/come in when open as i dont like the idea of flagging.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:40 am

Flagging is used to get the pigeons flying around the loft but once you let the pigeons out close the door leave them 10 mins then put the flag up after 20 mins take the flags down open the doors call the pigeons and get them in then you increase the time to suit you

They get used to it flags up fly flags down in the loft and this method starts as young birds but when the youngbirds have been trained and you need to get them fit
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 am

but wont it maybs stop them trapping on race days if they are flagged....because they will be reluctant to land ? not saying it will but ive never liked flagging because you cant have it both ways , land, dont land.....if you know what i mean... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:55 am

Yes understand what you are saying but the pigeon knows if the flags are down they can land in the loft but if flags are out they must fly

One of the best flyers in the country uses the flag
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 am

i think ill do that with the doors don and keep them shut as like you say, if its open they will want to come straight in...mind you thinking about it i did that when they were ybs but just havnt bothered now they are yearlings....didnt realise th importance of it when i did it and thought nothing about it until you and ian have said... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:02 am

Just hope what i have said helps you mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:07 am

i think my problem is im too soft with them, a friend said to me dont treat them as pets....i think i need to stick to what i want from them and not be too soft if they dont want to do it.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:23 am

David you have to be cruel to be kind and not treat them as pets and make them work for there perch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:27 am

i think once they are taught a routine and i stick to it , it will be better for them and for me....its like a dog i suppose....an untrained dog is a liability.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi, new member.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, new member....   hi, new member.... Empty

Back to top Go down

hi, new member....
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next