Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:39 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:37 am

» good luck weekend
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Good Morning
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:03 am

» Weather today
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:00 am

» Scandalous .......
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Inbreeding, any good? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Inbreeding, any good? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Inbreeding, any good? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Inbreeding, any good? Vote_lcapInbreeding, any good? Voting_barInbreeding, any good? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Inbreeding, any good? Vote_lcapInbreeding, any good? Voting_barInbreeding, any good? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Inbreeding, any good? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Inbreeding, any good? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Inbreeding, any good?

Go down 
+6
friendsloft
Rudderfett
IANYOUNG
stormqueen
steve1952
Paul
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

Inbreeding, any good? Empty
PostSubject: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Bought a couple of good birds a few years ago at the NEHU show, left with a cock and hen off the pair, so brother and sister, was considering pairing them up but have now decided not to after speaking to Ray, but was curious any ones thoughts on the matter and if anyone has been down this route, what was the quality of the young 'uns?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 pm

seen a lot about this on sites all negative with it, only father & daughter, or mother & son, all against brother & sister
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

i put the old cock on with his daughter last year got one off him just to keap his bloodline as hes 15 now and the cock i got off him is a cracker will just keap for crossing in with other bloodlines have never tried brother and sister but my late uncle did this quite alot and got good distance birds from this but you really have to know what your doing
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm

same here dont like to inbreed if i must then ill miss a generation
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Very Happy I must say i have done my fare share of inbreeding and with some good results, but always mother and son father daughter. To me sisters and brothers bring out recessive qualities, bad points and faults as well as good points and positives, so would personaly not do it, but hey who knows. If I knew the family wasnt already inbed I would try it as an experiement.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I have put father to daughter ,mother to son this year i have put one pairing brother to sister, like people have said this pairing will bring out the bad points aswell as the good, but it is away of going back too the original bloodline, i will race the young to see if they reach the mark even take young of them if no good them will dispose just my thought
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:19 pm

ive only went father to grandaughter and mother to grandson,
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 pm

hi ken hows the birds doing with ya
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi John spot on should be moving some over in aday or two, the two for Bluewhiteflight for the exchange have just been rung as he wanted these to be later, so all in all very pleased how are ur birds doing John
Ken
Back to top Go down
HarryH
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi i only like to inbreed like this for birds to go in to the breeding loft

to maintain a blood line , for racing i like to cross them with compatible birds .

never had much success racing inbreed ones but have had good breeding results when using them to cross
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 pm

did have brother and sister pairing last year, not by choice but because they had no other mate.....bred a yb that looked lovely but as far as i know didnt race very well, altho looking thro some pedigrees of my janssens half brother and sister pairings bred some good 1st prize winners.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 pm

yes david I have used half brother and sister, and had some good birds out, only thing is you have to have ood birds to do this. They then tend to resemble eachother a lot in type. but if the birds are un tried racers and breeders, I would say no benifit.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 pm

hi martyn, you have simmilar janssens to mine havnt you, how have they done racing for you ? i saw some from the same lines for sale in the bhw last week and the man had won club and fed etc with them....... santa
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 pm

:DHi David.. well last year I crossed out all my janssens and was very happy with the birds. The crosses were slightly longer distance strain, for this year I have selected to put them back together again. I will be selecting very harshly at the end of this year and will start inbreeding a little next year but I have to be sure they are good ones first, before I do that.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Not sure of this but if you want to keep the blood of tip pigeons you could put brother and sister together, but the youngsters would be only good for the stock loft as breeders then use them to out cross
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:57 pm

spot on DON.
with this pairing of brother X sister.
you will not improve the young.
all you are doing is to preserve the blood lines.
but at the end of the day they have to come from the BEST.
blood lines.
it;s a safe way of preserving your stock.
Inbreeding, any good? Icon_king Inbreeding, any good? Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 pm

not a done thing here dont like to do it ,its a no no for me
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Ian would you not do it to keep the winning blood strong in ur breeding loft
Ken
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm

yes ken thats what i would say its the only way
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:20 pm

if you say it works then yes i probably would but not so direct as brother and sister
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm

same hear no good for me as well
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi john like you said it is the only way ive done it this year to keep it going i have sons and daughters in my stock loft, but by putting brother to sister it keeps the blood stronger and can then be crossed back into the family
Ken
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:25 pm

its an idea worth trying to replace good old stock birds to keep family blood in stock, never done it myself though
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm

yes never looked at it that way
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 pm

yes ken thats right that why the old cock hes dubble inbred to stormqueen and thats why my uncle did it to keap stormqueens lines going for so long and thats what i have done put him to a duaghter as hes geting on now 15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inbreeding, any good?   Inbreeding, any good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Inbreeding, any good?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next